Abiomed Announces Q4 FY 2017 Revenue of $124.7 Million, Up 33% Over Prior Year and Total Year Revenue of $445.3 Million, Up 35% Over Prior Year
DANVERS, Mass., May 04, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Abiomed, Inc. (NASDAQ:ABMD), a leading provider of breakthrough heart support technologies, today reported fourth quarter fiscal 2017 revenue of $124.7 million, an increase of 33% compared to revenue of $94.0 million for the same period of fiscal 2016. For fiscal year 2017, total revenue was $445.3 million, up 35% compared to revenue of $329.5 million in fiscal year 2016.
Fourth quarter fiscal 2017 GAAP net income was $14.9 million or $0.33 per diluted share, impacted by $3.1 million or $0.07 per diluted share of one-time items, described below. For the full fiscal year, GAAP net income was $52.1 million or $1.17 per diluted share.
Financial and operating highlights during the fourth quarter of fiscal 2017 include:
- Fiscal fourth quarter worldwide Impella® heart pump revenue totaled $118.9 million, an increase of 34% compared to revenue of $88.6 million during
- U.S. Impella heart pump revenue for the quarter grew 32% to $108.2 million from $81.8 million in the prior fiscal year with U.S. patient usage of the Impella heart pumps up 30%. Full year U.S. Impella revenue totaled $387.5 million, up 35% compared to $287.2 million in the prior fiscal year.
- The installed base for Impella 2.5® heart pumps in the U.S. grew by an additional 19 hospitals, which made initial purchases of Impella heart pumps, bringing the installed customer base to 1,138 sites. The installed customer base for Impella CP® heart pumps grew by 44 new U.S. hospitals, bringing the total number of Impella CP sites to 1,016. The installed customer base for Impella 5.0® heart pumps grew by 11 new U.S. hospitals, bringing the total number of Impella 5.0 sites to 453.
- An additional 7 sites made initial purchases of Impella RP® heart pumps during the quarter, bringing the total number of sites to 127.
- Gross margin for fiscal fourth quarter 2017 was 84.6% compared to 84.4% in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2016. For the full fiscal year, gross margin was 84.1% compared to 84.7% in the prior year.
- Operating income for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2017 was $29.0 million, or 23.3% operating margin, compared to $19.8 million, or 21.1% operating margin in the prior year period. For the full fiscal year, operating income was $90.1 million, or 20.2% of revenue, compared to $65.1 million, or 19.8% of revenue in the prior year.
- The Company generated $18.2 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2017, bringing the total to $277.1 million as of March 31, 2017. The Company currently has no debt.
- Fourth quarter fiscal 2017 GAAP net income was $14.9 million or $0.33 per diluted share and full fiscal year GAAP net income was $52.1 million or $1.17 per diluted share. This compares to GAAP net income for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2016 of $11.0 million or $0.24 per diluted share and full fiscal year GAAP net income of $38.1 million or $0.85 per diluted share. During the fourth quarter of fiscal 2017, the Company recorded a non-recurring income tax charge of $3.1 million, or $0.07 per diluted share, related to uncertainty about the utilization of research and development tax credits.
- Beginning in the first quarter of fiscal 2018, the Company will adopt a new accounting standard entitled "Improvements to Employee Share-Based Payment Accounting". Under this new standard, excess tax benefits and deficiencies associated with employee share-based payments will no longer be recognized as additional paid-in capital on the balance sheet, but instead will be recognized directly to income tax expense or benefit in the income statement for the reporting period in which they occur. The adoption of the new accounting standard is likely to introduce positive fluctuations to net income, our tax provision and earnings per share this year, but will not impact Abiomed's operating income or cash tax paid.
- On February 23, 2017, Abiomed announced that it has supported more than 50,000 patients in the U.S. with its Impella® heart pumps.
- On March 19, 2017 at the American College of Cardiology (ACC) 66th Annual Scientific Session in Washington, D.C, Abiomed announced and presented data from the Impella® Quality (IQ) Assurance Program, which includes the IQ Database and cVAD RegistryTM. The Abiomed IQ Assurance Program is a real-world collection of clinical information derived from the treatment of patients with Impella devices since 2008. Trends in the observational IQ Database, combined with information from Abiomed's Institutional Review Board (IRB)-approved cVAD Registry have helped identify best practices and protocols that are associated with improved survival and native heart recovery in hospitals using Impella devices. The data presented also included new data from the Detroit Cardiogenic Shock Initiative (DCSI), which is an unprecedented collaboration between five heart hospitals in Detroit focused on systematic best practices to increase cardiogenic shock survival rates.
- On March 30, 2017, Abiomed announced the Grand Opening of Newly-Expanded manufacturing and training space at Danvers, Massachusetts headquarters.
- Today, Abiomed announced in a separate press release, the first patient enrolled in the STEMI Door to Unloading (DTU) feasibility study.
"Abiomed remains one of the fastest growing GAAP profitable companies and fiscal 2017 was another successful year as we achieved our corporate goals with two FDA approvals, approval in Japan, and dedicated DRGs from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)," said Michael R. Minogue, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Abiomed. "We want to thank our shareholders for their support and all of our employees and customers for their hard work and dedication to patients and our mission of heart recovery."
FISCAL YEAR 2018 OUTLOOK
The Company is giving its fiscal year 2018 guidance for total revenues to be in the range of $555 million to $575 million, an increase of 25% - 29% over the prior year. The Company is also giving its fiscal year 2018 guidance for GAAP operating margin to be in the range of 22% to 24%.
EARNINGS CONFERENCE CALL DETAILS
The Company will host a conference call to discuss the results at 8 a.m. ET on Thursday, May 4, 2017. The conference call releasing full quarterly results will be hosted by Michael R. Minogue, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer and Michael Tomsicek, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer.
To listen to the call live, please tune into the webcast via http://investor.abiomed.com or dial (855) 212-2361; the international number is (678) 809-1538. A replay of this conference call will be available beginning at 11 a.m. EDT May 4, 2017 through 11:00 a.m. EDT on May 7, 2017. The replay phone number is (855) 859-2056; the international number is (404) 537-3406. The replay access code is 3991529.
The ABIOMED logo, ABIOMED, Impella, Impella 2.5, Impella CP, Impella 5.0, Impella RP, and Recovering Hearts. Saving Lives. are registered trademarks of ABIOMED, Inc. in the U.S. and in certain foreign countries. cVAD Registry is a trademark of ABIOMED, Inc.
Based in Danvers, Massachusetts, Abiomed, Inc. is a leading provider of medical devices that provide circulatory support. Our products are designed to enable the heart to rest by improving blood flow and/or performing the pumping of the heart. For additional information, please visit: www.abiomed.com
This release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding development of Abiomed's existing and new products, the Company's progress toward commercial growth, and future opportunities and expected regulatory approvals. The Company's actual results may differ materially from those anticipated in these forward-looking statements based upon a number of factors, including uncertainties associated with development, testing and related regulatory approvals, including the potential for future losses, complex manufacturing, high quality requirements, dependence on limited sources of supply, competition, technological change, government regulation, litigation matters, future capital needs and uncertainty of additional financing, and other risks and challenges detailed in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including the most recently filed Annual Report on Form 10-K and Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date of this release. The Company undertakes no obligation to publicly release the results of any revisions to these forward-looking statements that may be made to reflect events or circumstances that occur after the date of this release or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.
|Abiomed, Inc. and Subsidiaries|
|Consolidated Balance Sheets|
|(in thousands, except share data)|
|March 31, 2017||March 31, 2016|
|Cash and cash equivalents||$||39,040||$||48,231|
|Short-term marketable securities||190,908||163,822|
|Accounts receivable, net||54,055||42,821|
|Prepaid expenses and other current assets||8,024||6,778|
|Total current assets||326,958||288,392|
|Long-term marketable securities||47,143||1,000|
|Property and equipment, net||87,777||23,184|
|In-process research and development||14,482||15,396|
|Long-term deferred tax assets, net||34,723||58,534|
|LIABILITIES AND STOCKHOLDERS' EQUITY|
|Current portion of capital lease obligation||799||-|
|Total current liabilities||69,617||46,541|
|Other long-term liabilities||3,251||220|
|Long-term deferred tax liabilities||783||832|
|Capital lease obligation, net of current portion||15,539||-|
|Commitments and contingencies|
|Class B Preferred Stock, $.01 par value||-||-|
|Authorized - 1,000,000 shares; Issued and outstanding - none|
|Common stock, $.01 par value||437||426|
|Authorized - 100,000,000 shares; Issued - 45,249,281 shares at March 31, 2017 and 43,973,119 shares at March 31, 2016;|
|Outstanding - 43,673,286 shares at March 31, 2017 and 42,596,228 shares at March 31, 2016|
|Additional paid in capital||565,962||508,624|
|Treasury stock at cost - 1,575,995 shares at March 31, 2017 and 1,376,891 shares at March 31, 2016||(46,763||)||(26,660||)|
|Accumulated other comprehensive loss||(20,606||)||(14,540||)|
|Total stockholders' equity||452,071||368,775|
|Total liabilities and stockholders' equity||$||550,414||$||423,931|
|Abiomed, Inc. and Subsidiaries|
|Consolidated Statements of Operations|
|(in thousands, except per share data)|
Three Months Ended
Fiscal Years Ended
|Funded research and development||26||6||109||23|
|Costs and expenses:|
|Cost of product revenue||19,261||14,663||70,627||50,419|
|Research and development||16,325||14,225||66,386||49,759|
|Selling, general and administrative||60,100||45,256||218,153||164,261|
|Income from operations||28,994||19,813||90,138||65,104|
|Investment income, net||486||186||1,554||395|
|Other (expense) income, net||(124||)||228||(349||)||339|
|Income before income taxes||29,356||20,227||91,343||65,838|
|Income tax provision||14,457||9,229||39,227||27,691|
|Basic net income per share||$||0.34||$||0.26||$||1.21||$||0.90|
|Basic weighted average shares outstanding||43,579||42,463||43,238||42,204|
|Diluted net income per share||$||0.33||$||0.24||$||1.17||$||0.85|
|Diluted weighted average shares outstanding||44,924||45,112||44,658||44,895|
For further information please contact:
Director, Investor Relations
Senior Director, Public Relations and Corporate Communications
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: Abiomed via Globenewswire
Följ NASDAQ OMX
Abonnera på våra pressmeddelanden.
Senaste pressmeddelandena från NASDAQ OMX
Mandalay Resources Corporation Files Audited Fourth Quarter and Full-Year 2017 Financial Statements23.2.2018 04:06 | Pressmeddelande
TORONTO, Feb. 22, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mandalay Resources Corporation ("Mandalay" or the "Company") (TSX:MND) today filed its audited financial results for the year-ended December 31, 2017. The Company's condensed and consolidated financial results for the year ended December 31, 2017, together with its Management's Discussion and Analysis ("MD&A") for the corresponding period are available under the Company's profile on www.sedar.com and on the Company's website at www.mandalayresources.com. For Further Information: Mark Sander President and Chief Executive Officer Greg DiTomaso Director of Investor Relations Contact: 1.647.260.1566 About Mandalay Resources Corporation: Mandalay Resources is a Canadian-based natural resource company with producing assets in Australia and Sweden, and care and maintenance and development projects in Chile. The Company is focused on executing a roll-up strategy, creating critical mass by aggregating advanced or in production gold, copper, silver and
Aurora Solar Technologies Named to TSX Venture 5022.2.2018 21:29 | Pressmeddelande
Aurora Solar Technologies Inc. / Aurora Solar Technologies Named to TSX Venture 50 . Processed and transmitted by Nasdaq Corporate Solutions. The issuer is solely responsible for the content of this announcement. NORTH VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Feb. 22, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Aurora Solar Technologies Inc. ("Aurora")("Company")(TSX.V:ACU) (OTCBB:AACTF) (FSE:A82), a leader in inline measurement and control technology for the photovoltaic manufacturing industry, is pleased to announce that it has been named to the 2018 TSX Venture 50. The Venture 50 are the top ten companies listed on TSX Venture Exchange in each of five major industry sectors - mining, energy & energy services, clean technology & life sciences, diversified industries and technology - based on a ranking formula with equal weighting given to return on investment, market cap growth, trading volume and analyst coverage. All data was as of December 31, 2017. Michael Heaven, President, CEO, and Director of Aurora Solar T
CP Kelco Appoints Jennifer Aspen Mason as Sr. Vice President, Global Innovation22.2.2018 20:00 | Pressmeddelande
ATLANTA, Feb. 22, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CP Kelco, a leading global producer of specialty hydrocolloid solutions, announced today that Jennifer Aspen Mason has joined its Executive Leadership Team as Senior Vice President, Global Innovation, reporting directly to CP Kelco President Didier Viala. A global executive with more than 20 years of industry experience, Mason has an extensive background leading science organizations with Fortune 100 companies. Most recently, she spent more than five years with Mars, Incorporated, where she served as Technology and Science Strategy Officer for all Mars segments. In her new role, Mason is responsible for leading CP Kelco's global research and development (R&D) function, including strategic innovation imperatives to drive the company's long-term growth, as well as oversight of technical teams focused on new product innovation, process R&D and research. "We are truly delighted to welcome Jennifer to our team, and will surely benefit from her glob
Leading the industry: Excel Dryer is the first hand dryer manufacturer to publish third-party, verified Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs)22.2.2018 16:00 | Pressmeddelande
High-speed, energy-efficient XLERATOR®, XLERATOReco® and ThinAir® Hand Dryers evaluated and proven to be sustainable EAST LONGMEADOW, Mass., Feb. 22, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Excel Dryer, Inc., today announced that three of their hand dryers, the original, patented, high-speed, energy-efficient XLERATOR® Hand Dryer, the XLERATOReco® Hand Dryer and the ThinAir® Hand Dryer, were evaluated, and their environmental claims, substantiated with the publication of the hand dryer industry's first Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs) by UL Environment, a business division of Underwriters' Laboratories. An Environmental Product Declaration is a standardized way of quantifying the environmental impact of a product by studying the raw materials and energy consumption during its production, use and disposal. For buyers and specifiers, the EPDs are a disclosure tool that helps purchasers better understand a product's sustainable qualities and environmental repercussions so they can make more inf
Intrinsyc Technologies (TSX: ITC and OTC: ISYRF) debuts system on module and development kit powered by NXP i.MX 8M processor22.2.2018 15:00 | Pressmeddelande
Powerful Embedded Computing Solutions Optimized for Multimedia Applications VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Feb. 22, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Intrinsyc Technologies Corporation (TSX:ITC) (OTC:ISYRF) ("Intrinsyc" or the "Company"), a leading provider of solutions for the development and production of embedded and Internet of Things ("IoT") products, today announced the availability of the Open-X(TM) 8M System on Module ("SOM") and Development Kit. Intrinsyc's Open-X(TM) 8M SOM incorporates the new 64-bit NXP i.MX 8M processor and is ideal for powering IoT devices ranging from consumer smart home appliances to industrial building automation products. Its ultra-compact (55mm x 35mm) size enables its use in a wide range of form factors. The feature-rich SOM, with its advanced video and audio features, is ideal for streaming video/audio devices, voice control applications, and human-machine interface solutions. It offers high quality video playback with full 4K UHD and HDR along with the highe
Danal Inc. Creates Largest and Best Global Mobile Identity Solution22.2.2018 14:00 | Pressmeddelande
On track to cover 3 Billion+ Consumers SAN JOSE, Calif., Feb. 22, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Danal, Inc., a global leader in mobile identity and authentication services, today announced that customer demand is driving its expansion into Asia and LATAM. The company is expanding to eight countries in Asia and LATAM this year in addition to its continued expansion in Europe and UK - creating the largest and most comprehensive Mobile Network Operator (MNO) based identity solution in the market. It is on track to cover over 3 Billion consumers worldwide and support numerous Fortune 500 Enterprises in their endeavor to fight fraud, account takeovers, assuring reliable consumer authentication with best in class experiences, and help conform to regulatory compliance including GDPR, TCPA, KYC and AML. Danal is experiencing strong demand by global brands for the US, EU, and Asian markets - especially in the financial sector like banks, insurances, money remitters, payment processors and innovative
I vårt pressrum kan du läsa de senaste pressmeddelandena, få tillgång till pressmaterial och hitta kontaktinformation.Besök vårt pressrum