Bentley Systems Announces Finalists in the Year in Infrastructure 2020 Awards Program
Bentley Systems, Incorporated, the leading global provider of comprehensive software and digital twins services for advancing the design, construction, and operations of infrastructure, today announced the finalists in the Year in Infrastructure 2020 Awards program. The annual awards program honors the extraordinary work of Bentley software users advancing infrastructure design, construction, and operations throughout the world. Sixteen independent jury panels selected the 57 finalists from over 400 nominations submitted by more than 330 organizations from more than 60 countries.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200914005149/en/
The Year in Infrastructure 2020 Awards is a highly regarded global competition that recognizes advancements in infrastructure. (Photo: Bentley Systems)
The finalists for Year in Infrastructure 2020 Awards for advancements in infrastructure are:
4D Digital Construction
- DPR Construction – 2019 LSM DS Tech Upgrade
- Mortenson | McCarthy - a Joint Venture – Allegiant Stadium
- Office of the Renovation and Expansion Project of the Beijing-Harbin Expressway Section from Lalin River (Boundary between Jilin Province and Heilongjiang Province) to Harbin, Heilongjiang Construction Technological Innovation & Investment Co., Ltd. – Application of 4D Digital Technology in the Management of the Renovation and Expansion Project of the Beijing-Harbin Expressway Section from Lalin River to Harbin
- Arup – Cherrywood Grand Parade Bridge
- Chongqing Communications Planning, Survey & Design Institute Co., Ltd., Guizhou Communications Construction Group Co., Ltd., Guizhou Bridge Construction Group Co., Ltd.– Digital Design and Construction of Taihong Yangtze River Bridge
- Sichuan Road & Bridge (Group) Co., Ltd. – Chishui River Bridge of Expressway from Jiangjin (Chongqing-Guizhou Border) to Xishui to Gulin (Guizhou-Sichuan Border)
Buildings and Campuses
- Beijing General Municipal Engineering Design & Research Institute Co., Ltd. – Innovative Application of BIM in Municipal Engineering Design of Ezhou Civil Airport
- PT. Wijaya Karya (Persero) Tbk – COVID-19 Modular Hospital with NPI Room
- Voyants Solutions Private Limited – Bangladesh Regional Waterway Transport Project 1 – Shasanghat (New Dhaka) IWT Terminal
- City of Helsinki – Digital City Synergy
- Skanska-Costain-STRABAG Joint Venture– HS2 Main Works Civils Contract
- Systematica S.r.l. – MIND: Testbed of New Mobility Paradigms
- Golder Associates Hong Kong Ltd – Tuen Mun-Chek Lap Kok Link Tunnel, Southern Landfall
- HDR Engineering – Oroville Dam 3D Seepage and Stability Modeling of the Tallest Earthen Embankment Dam in the US
- Saidel Engineering SRL – Nine-story Residential Building above the Subway Tunnels in West Bucharest
Land Site and Development
- AAEngineering Group – Dzhamgyr Mine – Project Implementation in Extreme Conditions
- Jacobs Engineering India Pvt. Ltd. – Master Planning and Engineering for Infrastructure Development at Tumakuru, Karnataka
- KCI Technologies Inc. – HUB404 Concept Database
- Citic Heavy Industries Co., Ltd. – The Application of BIM Technology in Fujian Ansha’s Intelligent Green Cement Production Project with a Daily Output of 4,500 Tons
- MCC Capital Engineering & Research Incorporation Ltd. – BIM Technology-based Construction of Digital Plant for Iron and Steel Base in Lingang, Laoting of HBIS Group Co., Ltd.
- Shenyang Aluminum & Magnesium Engineering & Research Institute Co., Ltd. – Guinea Alumina Engineering Digital Twin Application Project of CHALCO Hong Kong Co., Ltd.
Mining and Offshore Engineering
- AAEngineering Group – Digital Twin of AKSU Plant: from Concept to Startup. A Real Story.
- Sapura Energy Berhad – Transporting of 3-x-330 Class Barge Loaded with Jacket onboard Semi-submersible Vessel
- Volgogradnefteproekt, LLC– Vladimir Filanovsky Offshore Field Modernization and Production Volume Increase
- PowerChina Hubei Electric Engineering Co., Ltd. – Kyrgyzstan Bishkek Thermal Power Plant Reconstruction Project
- Shanghai Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Co., Ltd.– Shanghai Electric Environmental Protection Group Technology Renovation and Expansion Project for Nantong Thermoelectric Waste Incineration
- TBEA Xi’an Electric Design Co., Ltd. – Application of Digital Technology in the Design of Complex Mountain Wind Farms
- Aegea Saneamento – Infra Inteligente Program (Smart Infra Program)
- Shanghai Water Engineering Design & Research Institute Co., Ltd – The Integrated Delivery and Application of BIM Technology in the Design, Construction, Supervision and Management of Shanghai Water Pump Sluice Project
- Sweco – Sweco | Digitalization with BIM
Rail and Transit
- China Railway Electrification Engineering Group Co., Ltd., China Railway Engineering Consulting Group Co., Ltd., China Academy of Railway Sciences Corporation Limited – Beijing-Zhangjiakou High-speed Railway
- Network Rail Wales and Western Region – Bristol Area Signalling Renewal Enhancements
- PowerChina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited – Innovative Application of Digital Engineering Technology in Shaoxing Rail and Transit Construction
- AUAV – Warragamba Water Pipeline Digital Twin
- Khatib & Alami – Geo-enabling Reality Model Tips and Tricks
- Merius Oy– Merius Smart Mill
Road and Rail Asset Performance
- Maryland State Highway – Maryland One (SUPERLOAD) Violation Tracking & Asset Insight
- Roads & Transport Authority (RTA) – Collaborative Information System Implementation - Whole Lifecycle Common Data Environment
- SMRT Trains Ltd – Predictive Decision Support System (PDSS)
Roads and Highways
- Sichuan Road & Bridge (Group) Co., Ltd. – BIM Technology Application on Chengdu-Yibin Expressway
- Sweco Nederland B.V. – Oosterweelverbinding Antwerpen
- SAI-SYSTRA Group – Mumbai Coastal Road Project (South) Package – II
- CNI Ingenieros Consultores SAS – Engineering Laboratories and Research Building
- Indian Railways – Design & Construction of the World’s Tallest Rail Pier Girder Bridge
- WSP– WSP overcomes Complex Challenges with Bentley’s Technology to Deliver Principal Tower
Utilities and Communications
- IOB Technology Sdn Bhd – BIM for Substation and Electrification Design of Double Rail Track, Johor, Malaysia
- Qinghai Kexin Electric Power Design Institute Co., Ltd.– Dayu 110kV Electrical Transmission and Transformation Project in Hainan Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture, Qinghai Province, China
- Sterlite Power Transmission Limited – Sterlite BIM
Utilities and Industrial Asset Performance
- Gazdaş Gaziantep Doğal Gaz Dağitim A.Ş. & Trakya Bölgesi Doğal Gaz Dağitim A.Ş. – Enterprise GIS Project for Natural Gas Utility on SAP/IS-U
- Glencore – Implementing Asset Reliability Tool for Copper and Nickel Smelters
- Shell QGC– Evolution of Engineering Data, Documents and Information Management
Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants
- AECOM/Wessex Water – Durleigh WTC Reconstruction
- Hatch – Ashbridges Bay Treatment Plant Outfall
- PowerChina ZhongNan Engineering Corporation Limited – Research on the Deep Application of BIM and Digital Twin Technology of Water Delivery Project Based on Bentley
Water, Wastewater and Stormwater Networks
- Companhia de Saneamento Básico do Estado de São Paulo – Operational Restructuring Project of Cursino Water Supply System in São Paulo City
- DTK Hydronet Solutions – Digital Water Network Engineering & Asset Management of Dibrugarh Water Supply Project
- NJS Engineers India P Limited – JICA Assisted Guwahati Water Supply Project
The finalists, chosen by independent juries of industry experts, present their projects during a pre-conference showcase beginning October 5 through October 16, 2020.
Chris Barron, Bentley’s chief communications officer, said, “The circumstances of the global pandemic have made the past few months a challenge for us all, and it is a testament to our users’ resilience that we received over 400 nominees for our Year in Infrastructure Awards program. While we are not able to present this year’s conference and awards ceremony in front of a live audience, the new virtual format gives us the opportunity to re-invent Year in Infrastructure and take full advantage of ‘going digital.’ Attendees can access our informative sessions in real time, or on-demand, making it easier for anyone to attend multiple sessions that might have ran concurrently. We are also providing new and exciting ways to engage with infrastructure thought leaders from around the world and to explore and share their innovative insights.”
The agenda of the Year in Infrastructure 2020 Conference features:
• Pre-Conference Live Judging – The Year in Infrastructure 2020 Awards Finalists Presentation – Oct. 5 – Oct. 16 — Hear from the people behind the most extraordinary infrastructure projects of the year, as they tell their story of how they leveraged digital advancements to achieve unprecedented outcomes.
• TwinTalks – Digital Twins Go Mainstream — Featuring moderated panel discussions with users, Bentley executives, and industry analysts who will share how digital twins are gathering mainstream adoption in six sectors.
• Executive Perspectives: Digital Twins for Infrastructure Resilience — Greg Bentley, CEO Bentley Systems – Discover the software and cloud-service enhancements that empower users to create and operate economically and environmentally sustainable infrastructure.
• Executive Perspectives: Digital Twins — Join Keith Bentley, founder and chief technology officer, Bentley Systems, to learn how users have created digital twins to support accessibility, interoperability, and open standards.
• Digital Twins: Making the Business Case for Digital Twins — Learn how leading organizations have made compelling and successful business cases for deploying digital twins that improve project delivery and asset performance. Featuring Adam Klatzkin, Bentley’s vice president, business development, and Richard Cooper, Bentley’s strategic director.
• Digital Twins Showcase: Twinfrastructure! Twinnovation! — Greg Demchak, director of Bentley’s iTwin Innovation Lab, Mehreen Javaid, Bentley’s digital integrator, and Sanjeev Shah, Bentley’s business development director showcase how users leverage mixed reality (XR) to visualize the past, present, and future of their projects, and create digital twins of existing assets to implement remote inspection and remote assist digital workflows.
• Live: Year in Infrastructure 2020 Awards Ceremony Oct. 21. After careful deliberation, by independent expert juries, the winners of the Year in Infrastructure 2020 Awards will be announced in a live global broadcast at 12:30 p.m. EDT. Don’t miss what has been called the Academy Awards of Infrastructure. Register and watch live.
About Bentley Systems
Bentley Systems is a leading global provider of software solutions to engineers, architects, geospatial professionals, constructors, and owner-operators for the design, construction, and operations of infrastructure. Bentley’s MicroStation-based engineering and BIM applications, and its digital twin cloud services, advance the project delivery (ProjectWise) and the asset performance (AssetWise) of transportation and other public works, utilities, industrial and resources plants, and commercial and institutional facilities.
Bentley Systems employs more than 4,000 colleagues and generates annual revenues of more than $700 million in 171 countries outside the United States. From inception in 1984, the company has remained majority-owned by the Bentley brothers. www.bentley.com
© 2020 Bentley, the Bentley logo, AssetWise, MicroStation, and ProjectWise are either registered or unregistered trademarks or service marks of Bentley Systems, Incorporated or one of its direct or indirect wholly owned subsidiaries. All other brands and product names are trademarks of their respective owners.
+1 203 805 0432
Follow us on Twitter:
About Business Wire
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
Hyperloop Transportation Technologies Accelerates with 100 Engineers from World Leading Firm Altran3.12.2020 17:40:00 CET | Press release
Hyperloop Transportation Technologies (HyperloopTT) announced today an agreement with world-leading engineering and R&D services provider Altran, part of the Capgemini Group. The agreement includes one hundred Altran engineers to accelerate the development of commercialized passenger hyperloop systems at the HyperloopTT facility in Toulouse, France, the Aerospace Valley of Europe. HyperloopTT’s European R&D Center is the home of the world’s only full-scale hyperloop system, which has been undergoing testing and optimization since 2019. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201203005174/en/ HyperloopTT's full-scale test system in Toulouse, France (Photo: Business Wire) The agreement advances HyperloopTT’s capabilities in a lean way, negotiated within HyperloopTT’s hybrid collaborative framework. The announcement comes after recent commitments from both the European Union and the United States, emphasizing the develop
Dan Bilzerian Joins Team GGPoker & Celebrates With $100,000 Birthday Freeroll3.12.2020 17:00:00 CET | Press release
GGPoker today announces that Dan Bilzerian has joined Team GGPoker as a brand ambassador. One of the world’s most recognizable poker players and social media influencers, with over 32 million followers on Instagram, “Blitz” will represent GGPoker live and online. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201203005724/en/ Dan Bilzerian, GGPoker's newest brand ambassador. (Photo: Business Wire) To celebrate the news, the online poker room will host a special 40th birthday party for the ‘King of Instagram’ on December 7 in the form of a $100,000 Birthday Freeroll poker tournament. This free-to-enter poker game is open to all new GGPoker players that sign up using code BLITZ40 and deposit $10 or more. What: Dan’s $100,000 Birthday Freeroll When: Monday, December 7 at 17:00 UTC How To Enter: Sign up using code BLITZ40, deposit at least $10 and use your ticket to register for the freeroll tournament Tournament Prize Pool: $10
Odense Investor Summit Introduces Investors to 15 Promising Robot Companies in Europe’s Robot Capital3.12.2020 16:47:00 CET | Press release
In just five years, robotic start-ups based in Odense, Denmark – the robot capital of Europe – have attracted more than 976 million USD. This year, the local Danish entrepreneurs will be joined by companies from the RobotUnion Super Stars; finalists from the pan-European robot acceleration program. The event is being sponsored by Vækstfonden, the Danish State’s investment fund, with the objective of making matches between leading Danish entrepreneurs seeking capital backing, and top international investors on the hunt for the next “golden goose” in the world of robotics. On December 9th, a carefully selected field of robot enterprises seeking capital will be presenting their ground-breaking automation solutions for a broad spectrum of industries at this year’s Odense Investor Summit. The 2020 summit is being held as a virtual event to involve participants from all parts of Europe and provide access to a new audience while still observing the prevailing COVID-19 restrictions. In additio
IEEE Launches 802.3™ Beyond 400Gb/s Ethernet Study Group to Define Next High Speed Threshold for Ethernet Data Rate3.12.2020 16:30:00 CET | Press release
IEEE, the world's largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for humanity, and IEEE Standards Association (IEEE SA) today announced the formation of a study group within the IEEE 802.3™ Ethernet Working Group. With bandwidth demand growing across all areas of Ethernet connectivity globally, the IEEE 802.3 Beyond 400Gb/s Ethernet Study Group will explore initiating a new IEEE project that would standardize capabilities exceeding today’s maximum data rate of 400 Gigabit per second (Gb/s) for https://cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=smartlink&url=https%3A%2F%2Fstandards.ieee.org%2Fstandard%2F802_3-2018.html%3Futm_source%3Dbusinesswire%26utm_medium%3Dpr%26utm_campaign%3Dworking-group-2020%26utm_content%3D802&esheet=52341781&newsitemid=20201203005124&lan=en-US&anchor=IEEE+802.3%2C+IEEE+Standard+for+Ethernet&index=2&md5=214f246922adc89c9023ea7f9b810359 IEEE 802.3, IEEE Standard for Ethernet. The publicly available IEEE 802.3™ Ethernet Bandwidth Assessment (BWA
Starcity Acquires Ollie, Accelerating Its Growth as a Vertically Integrated Global Coliving Company3.12.2020 16:00:00 CET | Press release
Starcity is acquiring Ollie’s key assets, including its technology, intellectual property, and business agreements in major cities, which when combined with Starcity, will create one of the largest coliving developers and operators globally. Ollie is widely recognized as a pioneer in the coliving asset class and has partnered with institutional owners to deliver much needed affordability and community to top tier cities such as New York, Los Angeles, the San Francisco Bay Area, and Boston. Additionally, Ollie has built a proprietary technology suite of services to foster community engagement, deliver hospitality services and provide roommate matching within its communities. Following the transaction, Ollie’s key personnel will join Starcity to create a leading organization with the mission to make great cities accessible to everyone. “We are thrilled to bring on board such a high caliber team with institutional grade communities. Most importantly, we are humbled to expand our inviting,
Andersen Global Enters Georgian Market; Adds MG Law Office3.12.2020 15:30:00 CET | Press release
Andersen Global enters the Georgian market through a Collaboration Agreement with Tbilisi-based law firm MG Law Office, further expanding the organization’s coverage in the region. MG Law, ranked Tier 1 by Legal 500, provides legal services to local and foreign companies, financial institutions, investment funds, governments and public enterprises. Led by its Founder and Managing Partner Archil Giorgadze and Co-Founder Nicola Mariani, the full-service firm focuses on corporate and M&A, banking, finance, energy tax and customs, arbitration and litigation, labor and employment, competition, infrastructure and real estate. The firm’s capabilities also include R&E, trading, blockchain and fintech. “Our track record and our ability to provide best-in-class and innovative solutions with competitive fees adapted to the local market sets us apart from any other firm in Georgia,” Archil said. “Our success is attributed to our diverse group of professionals that have been working together for ye
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom