Call for Speakers Now Open for Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2018
Annual Conference Moves to Frankfurt; Accepting Speaker Proposals Through August 10, 2018
RALEIGH, N.C., July 10, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Percona, the company that delivers enterprise-class MySQL®, MariaDB and MongoDB®, PostgreSQL and other open source database solutions and services, today announced the Call for Speakers for Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2018 is open and accepting proposals through August 10, 2018. The Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2018 will take place November 5-7, 2018, at the Radisson Blu Frankfurt hotel in Frankfurt, Germany. Sponsorship opportunities are now available.
The Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2018 is the premier open source database event. The theme for the upcoming conference is "Connect. Accelerate. Innovate." Percona Live conferences provide the open source database community with an opportunity to discover and discuss the latest open source trends, technologies and innovations. The conference includes the best and brightest innovators and influencers in the open source database industry.
The 2018 conference will introduce a new "business" track, which will take place on Monday, November 5. The new track will be targeted to business leaders who are exploring the use of open source and are interested in learning more about its benefits as well as common business pains and how these have been addressed through use cases and case studies.
The conference committee is looking for proposals that cover the many aspects of using, deploying and managing open source databases, including:
- Security - All of us have experienced security challenges. Whether they are initiated by legislature (GDPR), bugs (Meltdown/Spectre), experience (external attacks) or due diligence (planning for the worst), when do you have 'enough' security? Are you finding that security requirements are preventing your from being agile?
- Serverless, Cloud or On Premise - The technology landscape is no longer a simple one and mixing infrastructures has almost become the norm. Are you designing data architectures for the new landscape, and eager to share your experience? Have microservices become an important part of your plans?
- MySQL - Do you have an opinion on what is new and exciting in MySQL? With the release of MySQL 8.0, are you using the latest features? How and why? Are they helping you solve any business issues, or making deployment of applications and websites easier, faster or more efficient? Did the new release get you to change to MySQL? What do you see as the biggest impact of the MySQL 8.0 release? Do you use MySQL in conjunction with other databases in your environment?
- MongoDB - How has the 3.6 release improved your experience in application development or time-to-market? How are the new features making your database environment better? What is it about MongoDB 4.0 that excites you? What are your experiences with Atlas? Have you moved to it, and has it lived up to its promises? Do you use MongoDB in conjunction with other databases in your environment?
- PostgreSQL - Why do you use PostgreSQL as opposed to other SQL options? Have you done a comparison or benchmark of PostgreSQL vs. other types of databases related to your tasks? Why and what were the results? How does PostgreSQL help you with application performance or deployment? How do you use PostgreSQL in conjunction with other databases in your environment?
- SQL, NewSQL, NoSQL - It's become a perennial question without an easy answer. How do databases compare, how do you choose the right technology for the job, how do you trade off between features and their benefits in comparing databases? If you have ever tried a hybrid database approach in a single application, how did that work out? How nicely does MongoDB play with MySQL in the real world? Do you have anything to say about using SQL with NoSQL databases?
- High Availability - What choices are you making to ensure high availability? How do you find the balance between redundancy and cost? Are you using hot backups, and if so, what happened when you needed to rollback on them?
- Scalability - When did you recognize you needed to address data scale? Did your data growth take you by surprise or were you always in control? Did it take a degradation in performance to get your management to sit up and take notice? How do you plan for scale if you can't predict demand?
- What the Future Holds - What do you see as the "next big thing"? What new and exciting features are going to be released? What's in your next release? What new technologies will affect the database landscape? AI? Machine learning? Blockchain databases? Let us know about innovations you see on the way.
Breakout sessions are 50 minutes in length, including a Q&A. Tutorial sessions are three or six hours in length, focused on an immediate and practical application of in-depth knowledge, and targeted at a level between a training class and a conference breakout session. Tutorial speakers should assume that attendees will have laptops to work through detailed and potentially hands-on presentations. Lightning Talks are five-minute presentations focusing on one key point that interests the open source community: technical, lighthearted or entertaining talks on new ideas, a successful project, a cautionary story, a quick tip or demonstration.
Selected speakers will receive a complimentary full conference pass.
Sponsorship opportunities for Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2018 are available and offer the opportunity to interact with hundreds of DBAs, sysadmins, developers, CTOs, CEOs, business managers, technology evangelists, solution vendors, and entrepreneurs who typically attend the event. Contact email@example.com for sponsorship details.
Percona Live Conferences
What: Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2018
Where: Radisson Blu Frankfurt, Franklinstraße 65, Frankfurt, Germany
When: November 5-7, 2018
Call for Papers Deadline: August 10, 2018
With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for both MySQL® MariaDB®, MongoDB® and PostgreSQL across traditional and cloud-based platforms. The company provides Software, Support, Consulting, and Managed Services to large, well-known global brands such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Rent the Runway and the BBC, as well as smaller enterprises looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Database Performance Blog and the Percona Live Open Source Database Conferences draw attendees and expert technical speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
Percona® is a registered trademark of Percona LLC. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: Percona via Globenewswire
Följ NASDAQ OMX
Abonnera på våra pressmeddelanden.
Senaste pressmeddelandena från NASDAQ OMX
David Crosby Announces Intent to License His Name to the Cannabis Industry18.7.2018 18:04 | Pressmeddelande
Music industry icon pursuing licensing partnership with a leading Cannabis company LOS ANGELES and TORONTO, July 18, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- David Crosby, co-founder of two of the most successful bands in history (Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, and The Byrds) today announced he is seeking a licensing relationship with a national or global Cannabis company. This opportunity would include the exclusive license of his iconic name and marks for use worldwide. Mr. Crosby suggests calling the brand "MIGHTY CROZ" because his friends, colleagues and fans call him "Croz", but specific naming and packaging will be determined in consultation with the selected Cannabis company. Mr. Crosby will actively advise the selected Cannabis company in developing and marketing the brand. "People have been asking me to do a quality Cannabis brand and with legalization expanding, now is the right time," said David Crosby from his ranch in California. "Our first priority is partnering with a leading Cannabis co
Telecom Argentina's landing station and backhaul are selected for ARBR submarine cable system between Argentina & Brazil18.7.2018 17:00 | Pressmeddelande
ARBR + Seabras-1 to provide most direct route between Buenos Aires & New York BUENOS AIRES, Argentina and BOSTON, July 18, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Telecom Argentina S.A. ("Telecom Argentina") (BASE:TECO2) (NYSE:TEO), one of Argentina's leading telecommunications companies, Grupo Werthein, a preeminent Argentine investment holding company with a track record of significant telecommunications holdings, and Seaborn Networks ("Seaborn"), a leading developer-owner-operator of submarine fiber optic cable systems, announced today that the ARBR submarine cable system between Argentina and Brazil ("ARBR") will be landing in Telecom Argentina's cable landing station in Las Toninas, Argentina. In addition, Telecom Argentina shall provide ARBR with dark fiber on a backhaul route between Las Toninas and Buenos Aires, as well as point of presence (POP) space in Buenos Aires. ARBR is a new fiber optic submarine cable system developed by Seaborn and co-owned by Seaborn's Seabras Group together with T
Salim Ismail Announced as Keynote Speaker at Mitratech's Interact 2018 Conference18.7.2018 15:02 | Pressmeddelande
Best-Selling Author and Tech Strategist Shares Insights on New Paradigm in Organizational Design AUSTIN, Texas, July 18, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mitratech, the leading provider of legal and compliance software solutions, today announced that Salim Ismail, best-selling author, founding executive director of Singularity University, and founder of ExO Works, will deliver the keynote address at its Interact 2018 Conference. Every year the Interact conference provides an opportunity for clients, industry experts and partners to connect, learn, and contribute to insightful sessions on Mitratech innovations, legal operations best practices and industry trends. This year's theme, The Next Frontier of Legal Ops, recognizes that legal operations should be a center of innovation and excellence that brings people, processes and information together like never before by extending legal operations capabilities across the entire enterprise. "Salim understands the power of innovation and technology t
Corvil Introduces AI-Powered "Intelligence Hub" to Help Businesses Achieve Superior Digital Experiences and Performance18.7.2018 15:00 | Pressmeddelande
The solution delivers powerful big data analytics insights to business and operational users without the traditional lengthy timelines and costs DUBLIN, Ireland, July 18, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Corvil today announced Intelligence Hub, the next generation of digital intelligence to improve the performance, agility and digital experience of today's modern businesses. Intelligence Hub offers the potential to dramatically change how organizations see, manage and optimize their business and supporting technology operations. Today's businesses require a new type of "digital intelligence" that understands and correlates changes in the critical dimensions of business outcomes, user and customer experience, underlying application and infrastructure performance, and cybersecurity. Intelligence Hub provides proactive alerting on changes in these dimensions and allows business and operations teams to flexibly visualize, explore and analyze this key information for more informed action. " Intelli
Taconic Biosciences and Cyagen Biosciences Announce Strategic Partnership18.7.2018 14:00 | Pressmeddelande
RENSSELAER, N.Y., July 18, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Taconic Biosciences and Cyagen Biosciences, global leaders in the generation of custom genetically engineered rodent models and associated services, announced a strategic partnership. Under the agreement terms, the two companies will combine resources to provide the global scientific community with access to premium custom model design and generation services backed by comprehensive capabilities and cutting-edge, fully-licensed technologies. Custom animal models play a critical role in new drug discovery as biological systems that provide critical insight into the dynamic between a potential therapeutic and a living organism. Combining over twenty years of experience, the industry's most extensive model generation technology portfolio, and seamless integration to downstream premium custom breeding solutions, Taconic is recognized for creating complex genetically engineered mice and rats for biomedical research. Cyagen entered the indu
Data to be Presented From Biogen's Alzheimer's Disease Clinical Development Portfolio at the 2018 Alzheimer's Association International Conference (AAIC)18.7.2018 13:30 | Pressmeddelande
Ongoing Alzheimer's disease research programs target possible causes of the disease through multiple modalities Data to be presented from Alzheimer's disease clinical development portfolio including aducanumab, elenbecestat, and BAN2401 Data underscore Biogen's long-term commitment to furthering Alzheimer's disease research and treatment, with a focus on patients with early stage disease CAMBRIDGE, Mass., July 18, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Biogen (Nasdaq:BIIB) announced it will present data from its Alzheimer's disease clinical development portfolio at the upcoming Alzheimer's Association International Conference (AAIC) in Chicago (July 22-26). Data being presented are part of Biogen's research programs targeting several of the identified causes of Alzheimer's disease, focusing on early-stage disease. "The data to be presented at AAIC exemplify our belief that treatments are needed at the earliest stages of Alzheimer's disease to impact the underlying pathophysiology and delay disease p
I vårt pressrum kan du läsa de senaste pressmeddelandena, få tillgång till pressmaterial och hitta kontaktinformation.Besök vårt pressrum