Centessa Pharmaceuticals Announces Expansion of Management Team and Board of Directors
Centessa Pharmaceuticals (“Centessa”) today announced key additions to its leadership team and Board of Directors. Centessa has appointed Tia Bush, Chief Quality Officer; David Chao, Ph.D., Chief Administrative Officer; and Thomas Templeman, Ph.D., Chief Technology Officer. In addition, Marella Thorell has been promoted from Head of Finance to Chief Accounting Officer, and Carol Stuckley has joined the Board of Directors and will serve as Chairperson of the Audit Committee. Each of their respective roles will support Centessa’s asset-centric R&D model and the continued advancement of the Company’s portfolio of programs.
“We launched Centessa earlier this year with a bold vision focused on reimagining the traditional pharmaceutical research and development model in order to discover, develop and ultimately deliver impactful medicines to patients,” said Saurabh Saha, M.D., Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer of Centessa. “Successful execution of that vision requires a robust team of like-minded, highly specialized individuals who have the know-how to get things done and bring new ideas. We are thrilled to strengthen our team with the appointments of these exceptional leaders. Each will provide significant expertise in their respective functions. I look forward to partnering with them as we deploy this model, aimed at impacting the lives of patients and society more broadly.”
- Tia Bush, Chief Quality Officer, brings nearly 30 years of biotechnology quality experience to Centessa. Ms. Bush’s career has been spent in quality related roles of increasing responsibility at Amgen, which she joined in 1993. Most recently, Ms. Bush was Chief Quality Officer and Senior Vice President, Global Quality/Environment, Health, Safety and Sustainability, in which role she was responsible for developing, maintaining and continuously improving the quality management and EHSS management systems. She led an organization of more than 1,400 quality and safety professionals. Ms. Bush currently sits on the Board of Directors for Parenteral Drug Association and USC Health Services. She holds a B.A. in biological sciences with a minor in chemistry from the University of Southern California, Los Angeles.
- David Chao, Ph.D., Chief Administrative Officer, joins Centessa from the Stowers Institute for Medical Research and BioMed Valley Discoveries where he served as President and Chief Executive Officer of both entities. Previously, he was the President of The Graduate School of the Stowers Institute for Medical Research, a member of the Board of Directors for the American Century Companies, Head of Strategic Alliances Global Operations at the Novartis Institutes of BioMedical Research, and a consultant in McKinsey & Company’s Pharmaceutical and Medical Product Practice. Dr. Chao holds a Ph.D. in Biology from M.I.T. and a combined A.M. and A.B. in Biology from Harvard University.
- Thomas Templeman, Ph.D.,Chief Technology Officer, joins the company from Nuvation Bio, where he served as Senior Vice President, Pharmaceutical Operations and Quality. He previously served as Chief Operating Officer of Graybug Vision and Senior Vice President, Pharmaceutical Operations and Quality Assurance at Axovant Sciences. Earlier, Dr. Templeman served as Senior Vice President of Pharmaceutical Operations and Quality at Medivation, Vice President of Manufacturing Science and Technology at Hospira, Senior Vice President, Integrated Supply Chain at Liquidia Technologies, and in various leadership roles at Johnson & Johnson, where he worked for 13 years in several capacities. Dr. Templeman earned a B.S. in biology from the University of Santa Clara, a Ph.D. in biological sciences from Dartmouth College and was a post-doctoral fellow at Harvard University.
- Marella Thorell, Chief Accounting Officer, previously served as Centessa’s Head of Finance since January 2021. She joined Centessa from its subsidiary, Palladio Bioscience, where she served as Chief Financial Officer, leading Palladio’s finance operations and capital strategy and execution. Before that, Ms. Thorell served in various roles of increasing responsibility at Realm Therapeutics, including as Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operating Officer and Executive Director. Earlier in her career, Ms. Thorell worked for the Campbell Soup Company in finance and operational roles and at Ernst & Young, LLP where she earned a CPA. Ms. Thorell earned a B.S. in Business from Lehigh University, magna cum laude.
- Carol Stuckley, Board Member and Chairperson of the Audit Committee, is a global, strategic financial executive with proven success leading finance teams and creating shareholder value for healthcare companies. Ms. Stuckley was formerly Chief Financial Officer and Senior Vice President at HPS and managed its acquisition by TransUnion, Inc. Previously, Ms. Stuckley served as CFO, Vice President of Finance at Galderma North America (Nestlé Skin Health S.A.). Ms. Stuckley held a nearly 23-year tenure in multinational financial roles of increasing responsibility at Pfizer, most recently as Assistant Treasurer, Vice President, Finance and Corporate Officer. She currently sits on the Ipsen Board of Directors and serves as Chairperson of the Audit Committee. Ms. Stuckley holds a Master of Arts in economics and an MBA in international finance from Temple University’s Fox Business School, and a BA in Economics and French from the University of Delaware.
About Centessa Pharmaceuticals
Centessa Pharmaceuticals plc is a next-generation biopharmaceutical company that aims to reshape the traditional drug development process. The company applies an asset-centric R&D model at scale to advance a portfolio of programs led by industry leading teams. Each program is developed by one of ten Centessa subsidiaries and supported by centralized infrastructure and the Centessa management team. For more information, visit www.centessa.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements. Statements we make in this press release may include statements that are not historical facts, which are usually identified by the use of words such as “estimates,” “expects,” “intends,” “anticipates,” “believes,” “may,” “should,” “will,” “plans,” “projects,” “seeks,” and variations of such words or similar expressions. These forward-looking statements, including statements relating to expectations, plans and prospects regarding the clinical development plans and timing, clinical trial designs, clinical and therapeutic potential, and strategy for any of our programs reflect our current views about our plans, intentions, expectations, strategies and prospects, which are based on the information currently available to us and on assumptions we have made. Although we believe that our plans, intentions, expectations, strategies and prospects as reflected in or suggested by those forward-looking statements are reasonable, we can give no assurance that the plans, intentions, expectations or strategies will be attained or achieved. Furthermore, actual results may differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements and will be affected by a number of risks, uncertainties and assumptions, including, but not limited to, the success of clinical trials, regulatory filings, and approvals. These forward-looking statements are based upon the current expectations and beliefs of Centessa’s management team as of the date of this release and are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements. Furthermore, Centessa operates in a very competitive and rapidly changing environment in which new risks emerge from time to time. Except as required by applicable law, we assume no obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
To view this piece of content from cts.businesswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
Dan Budwick, 1AB
UK/European media enquiries
Optimum Strategic Communications
Mary Clark, Shabnam Bashir
Swiss media enquiries
Cellphone: +41 79 20 75 111
About Business Wire
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
EIG-Led Consortium Closes $12.4 Billion Infrastructure Deal with Aramco18.6.2021 21:02:00 CEST | Press release
EIG,a leading institutional investor to the global energy sector and one of the world’s leading infrastructure investors, today announced the closing of its previously announced transaction with Saudi Arabian Oil Co. (“Aramco”), under which a consortium of investors acquired a 49% equity stake in Aramco Oil Pipelines Company (“Aramco Oil Pipelines”), a newly formed entity with rights to 25 years of tariff payments for oil transported through Aramco’s stabilized crude oil pipeline network. The EIG-led co-investment process in Aramco Oil Pipelines attracted a global group of leading institutional investors from China, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Korea, the United Arab Emirates and the United States including, amongst others, Mubadala Investment Company, an Abu Dhabi Sovereign Investor, Silk Road Fund, Hassana and Samsung Asset Management. R. Blair Thomas, EIG Chairman and CEO, said: “We are pleased to have completed this transaction with Aramco, a preeminent global energy supplier. The
Moody's ESG Solutions: V.E provides Second Party Opinion on Desjardins’ Sustainable Bond Framework18.6.2021 18:13:00 CEST | Press release
Moody's ESG Solutions announced today that V.E has provided a Second Party Opinion (SPO) on Desjardins’ Sustainable Bond Framework. The framework will be used to finance and refinance projects tied to eight environmental categories and three social categories, including Renewable Energy, Green Buildings, and Affordable Housing. In V.E’s opinion, the framework is aligned with the four core components of the Green Bond Principles (2018) and the Social Bond Principles (2020). “In our assessment, the bonds issued via this framework will provide an ‘advanced’ contribution to sustainability objectives, as we see significant and consistent evidence that the proceeds will be allocated to environmentally and socially focused projects throughout Canada and several emerging markets,” said Patrick Mispagel, Managing Director – Sustainable Finance at Moody’s ESG Solutions. “We expect to see growth in sustainability efforts in North America in order to meet increasing global regulatory requirements
Potential sale of HSBC SFH (France): Signing of a Memorandum of Understanding18.6.2021 15:30:00 CEST | Press release
NOT FOR RELEASE, PUBLICATION OR DISTRIBUTION, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN OR INTO OR FROM ANY JURISDICTION WHERE TO DO SO WOULD CONSTITUTE A VIOLATION OF THE RELEVANT LAWS OR REGULATIONS OF SUCH JURISDICTION HSBC Continental Europe (‘HBCE’) has today signed a Memorandum of Understanding (‘MOU’) with Promontoria MMB SAS (‘My Money Group’), its subsidiary Banque des Caraïbes SA (the ‘Purchaser’) and My Money Bank (‘MMB’), regarding the potential sale of HBCE’s retail banking business in France. My Money Group, MMB and the Purchaser are under the control, directly or indirectly, of funds and accounts managed or advised by Cerberus Capital Management L.P. The potential sale includes: HBCE’s French retail banking business; the Crédit Commercial de France (‘CCF’) brand; and, subject to the satisfaction of relevant conditions, HBCE’s 3% ownership interest in Crédit Logement, its 100% ownership interest in HSBC SFH (France) (‘HSFH’), and the transfer of rights and obligatio
UFC® Names Lumen® the Official Metabolic Tracker of the UFC Performance Institute18.6.2021 15:30:00 CEST | Press release
UFC®, the world’s premier mixed martial arts organization, has named Lumen® the Official Metabolic Tracker of the UFC Performance Institute®. To launch the new partnership, select UFC athletes will be using Lumen as a tool to optimize their performance under the guidance of the nutrition team at the UFC Performance Institute (UFC PI). These athletes will have access to real-time metabolic data to help improve their nutrition, performance, and body composition through optimizing their metabolic health and flexibility. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210618005278/en/ Dustin Poirier and Lumen (Photo: Business Wire) “The UFC PI strives to support athletes in fueling their body to achieve championship performances while also maintaining optimal health, all while meeting the weight management demands of mixed martial arts,” said Clint Wattenberg, UFC PI Director of Performance Nutrition. “Metabolic health and metabo
Sale of Retail Banking Business in France18.6.2021 15:30:00 CEST | Press release
HSBC Continental Europe (‘HBCE’) has today signed a Memorandum of Understanding (‘MOU’) with Promontoria MMB SAS (‘My Money Group’), its subsidiary Banque des Caraïbes SA (the ‘Purchaser’) and My Money Bank (‘MMB’), regarding the potential sale of HBCE’s retail banking business in France. My Money Group, MMB and the Purchaser are under the control, directly or indirectly, of funds and accounts managed or advised by Cerberus Capital Management L.P. Commenting on the Potential Transaction, Jean Beunardeau, HBCE CEO said: “This potential transaction is an important step towards achieving our strategic goal of being a leading wholesale bank in Continental Europe for Corporate and Investment Banking, Markets and Private Banking, anchored in Paris, connecting our customers to HSBC’s global network, and providing access to Continental Europe for HSBC’s customers around the world. As importantly, this potential transaction would allow HSBC’s French retail banking business to be sold to an expe
Hilton Doubles Down on Las Vegas Growth with Rapidly Expanding Portfolio and Grand Return to the Strip18.6.2021 15:07:00 CEST | Press release
After revolutionizing the Las Vegas hospitality experience decades ago, Hilton is building on its storied legacy in time for the return to travel by almost doubling its presence in the sought-after global destination over the past three years. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210618005335/en/ Resorts World Las Vegas – Exterior (Photo: Business Wire) The company is slated to have more than 30 hotels and over 11,000 rooms across 12 brands in the market by the end of 2021. On the heels of Virgin Hotels Las Vegas, CurioCollection by Hilton’s June opening celebration, and just weeks before the anticipated debut of Conrad Hotels & Resorts, LXR Hotels & Resorts and Hilton Hotels & Resorts at the integrated Resorts World Las Vegas complex, Hilton is making an epic return to this top-tier travel destination, bringing new premium and luxury brands to the Strip. “Hilton helped create the Las Vegas we know today – the ente
Toshiba's Chairperson of the Board of Directors Issues Open Letter to Its Shareholders18.6.2021 11:06:00 CEST | Press release
Toshiba Corporation (TOKYO:6502) today announced that Osamu Nagayama, Chairperson of Toshiba’s Board of Directors, has issued an open letter to the company's shareholders. The full text of the letter is as follows: Dear Shareholders As the Chairperson of the Board of Directors of Toshiba Corporation ("Toshiba", the "Company"), I would like to express my deep regret regarding recent unacceptable events at the Company which have eroded your trust in us. You would have seen that we have already taken decisive and immediate action following the release of the Investigation Report, amending the slate of nominees for directors, committee members and executive officers ahead of the upcoming AGM on June 25. I, together with the Board, am fully committed to ensuring we improve your Company's governance fundamentally and enhance its corporate value. United, we shall be taking the following concrete steps with urgency: In order to stop recurrence, we will conduct an inquiry, with third party part
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom