DexCom Showcases Expanded CGM Portfolio at International ATTD Conference, Offering More Choice to People With Diabetes
DexCom, Inc. (Nasdaq: DXCM), the global leader in real-time continuous glucose monitoring for people with diabetes, will showcase for the first time its new global portfolio of real-time continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) systems at the 15th International Conference on Advanced Technologies and Treatments for Diabetes (ATTD) held April 27-30, 2022 in Barcelona. The expanded portfolio includes Dexcom ONE, Dexcom G6 and the upcoming Dexcom G7, a range of exceptionally accurate,* real-time CGM systems designed to empower more people living with diabetes than ever before.
“For two decades, Dexcom has tirelessly innovated to provide the most accurate, connected and accessible CGM technology to people with diabetes around the globe,” said Kevin Sayer, chairman, president and CEO of Dexcom. “Diabetes is not a one-size-fits-all condition—people deserve choice in how they manage their disease. We are excited to be able to provide three gold standard CGM systems that meet the differing needs of people with diabetes.”
Each system in the portfolio offers a different set of features and functionality for various needs across diabetes management; however, all three Dexcom systems eliminate burdensome scanning and painful fingerpricks† for calibration and diabetes treatment decisions.
The Dexcom Real-Time CGM Portfolio
“Innovation, accuracy and reliability have always been at the core of our work to provide the diabetes community with the best technology possible,” said Chad Patterson, executive vice president of global marketing and product management at Dexcom. “It’s our priority to offer as many people access to the highest standard of care and this portfolio of real-time CGM systems delivers on that commitment.”
In addition to the introduction of Dexcom’s expanded product portfolio, key posters and research presented at ATTD continue to affirm the use of Dexcom CGM is central to optimal diabetes management. Some of these educational presentations may make claims exceeding those cleared by FDA for the labeling of these devices.
Dexcom CGM Accuracy, Performance and Feature Engagement:
- Presentation: “Elevating the standard of care in continuous glucose monitoring with Dexcom CGM.” Moderated by Partha Kar on Thursday, April 28, 2022, 15:00 – 16:30 CET in Hall 116. Speakers include: Žydrūnė Visockienė, MD, PhD; Nicholas Argento, MD, FACE; Lori Laffel, MD, MPH; Hood Thabit, MB, BCh, MRCP, MD, PhD; and Lalantha Leelarathna, MBBS, MRCP, MSc, PhD.
- Presentation: “Dexcom G6 real-time CGM use across the globe: Feature engagement and correlational outcomes.” Moderated by Keri Leone, MS, RD, CDCES on Friday, April 29, 2022, 09:00 – 10:00 CET in Hall 112. Speakers include: Giada Acciaroli, PhD; Robert Dowd, data scientist; Joost van der Linden, PhD; and Anand Iyer, PhD, MBA.
Dexcom Connectivity and Closed Loop Systems:
- Abstract: “Perioperative closed-loop insulin delivery versus standard insulin therapy: A randomised controlled parallel clinical trial in adults with Type 2 diabetes” (David Herzig).
- Abstract: “Hybrid closed-loop glucose control compared with sensor augmented pump therapy in older adults with Type 1 diabetes: a multicentre, multinational, randomised, crossover study” (Charlotte Boughton).
- Abstract: “Performance of Omnipod® 5 Automated Insulin Delivery System at specific glucose targets from 110-150mg/dL over three months in very young children with Type 1 diabetes” (Sarah MacLeish).
- Abstract: “Improvement in HbA1C after 8 weeks of Omnipod 5® Automated Insulin Delivery System use in adults with Type 2 diabetes: From injections to hybrid closed-loop therapy” (Anne Peters).
- Abstract: “A comparison of two hybrid closed-loop systems in Italian children and adults with Type 1 diabetes” (Marina Francesca).
- Abstract: “Glycemic outcomes by age and previous insulin delivery method in Control-IQ technology users: 9 months of CLIO study data” (Jordan Pinsker).
Health Outcomes, Economic Outcomes and Market Access:
- Presentation: “Dexcom G6 real-time CGM use in non-traditional clinical arenas: Hospital and pregnancy.” Moderated by Daniel Chernavvsky, MD on Saturday, April 30, 2022, 08:00 – 08:50 CET in Hall 112. Speakers include: Eileen Faulds, PhD, MS, RN, FNP-BC, CDCES and Anku Mehta, MD.
- Abstract: “The impact of real-time continuous glucose monitoring on treatment satisfaction in adults with Type 2 diabetes: Further findings from the MOBILE randomized clinical trial.” (David Price)
- Abstract: “Association between change in HbA1c and professional CGM use in adults with Type 2 diabetes on non-insulin therapies – a real-world evidence study” (Poorva Nemlekar).
- Abstract: “Reduction in diabetes-related hospitalization rates after real-time continuous glucose monitor (rtCGM) initiation” (Katia Hannah).
- Abstract: “Analysis of alert frequency and glycemic outcomes associated with expanding the default G6 high/low alert range” (Sarah Pickus).
- Abstract: “Cost-effectiveness of a real-time continuous glucose monitoring system versus self-monitoring of blood glucose in Type 2 diabetes patients on insulin in the United Kingdom” (Stephane Roze).
For more information about the 15th International Conference on Advanced Technologies and Treatments for Diabetes and to register to virtually attend the conference, visit https://attd.kenes.com/registration/.
About DexCom, Inc.
DexCom, Inc. empowers people to take control of diabetes through innovative continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) systems. Headquartered in San Diego, California, and with operations across Europe and select parts of Asia/Oceania, Dexcom has emerged as a leader of diabetes care technology. By listening to the needs of users, caregivers, and providers, Dexcom simplifies and improves diabetes management around the world. For more information about Dexcom CGM, visit www.dexcom.com.
*Dexcom G6, Dexcom G7, and Dexcom ONE User Guides. To obtain the Instructions for use for these products, click here. Note that labeling may differ in different countries.
†If your glucose alerts and readings from Dexcom ONE, Dexcom G6 or Dexcom G7 do not match symptoms or expectations, use a blood glucose meter to make diabetes treatment decisions.
‡To view a list of compatible smart devices, visit dexcom.com/compatibility
††Separate Follow App required.
‡‡Dexcom is working closely with its insulin pump partners to integrate Dexcom G7 into current and future automated insulin delivery systems as quickly as possible
1 510(k) pending. Not available for sale in the United States.
© 2022 Dexcom, Inc. Dexcom, Dexcom ONE, Dexcom G6, Dexcom G7 and Dexcom Clarity are registered trademarks of DexCom, Inc. in the U.S., and may be registered in other countries. All rights reserved.
To view this piece of content from cts.businesswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About Business Wire
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
Align Announces Additional Leadership for UK and EMEA to Support Continued Growth18.5.2022 17:11:00 CEST | Press release
Align, the premier global provider of technology infrastructure solutions celebrates significant growth throughout the UK and EMEA markets with management changes to support increasing demand. The appointment of Giulia Marcolina as Managing Director and Mike Konold as AV Solutions Director of Align’s UK-based headquarters, will enable the team to deliver innovative collaborative technology and state-of-the-art AV solutions. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220518005833/en/ Giulia Marcolina, a 15 year veteran with Align, is named Managing Director of Align's UK-based headquarters. (Photo: Business Wire) Giulia brings over 25 years of IT experience, previously serving as Align’s Programme Manager, delivering corporate office relocation and consolidation projects for clients such as Blackrock, Total Gas and Power, and UBS. In her new role, she will lead Align’s team of project managers in building upon Align’s lon
RMS Advances Climate Risk Modeling and Moves More Models to High Definition18.5.2022 16:30:00 CEST | Press release
RMS®, a Moody’s Analytics company and world-leading risk modeling and solutions company, today announces it will be releasing four new High Definition™ (HD) models, including Europe Windstorm, North America Winterstorm (WT), North America Severe Convective Storm (SCS), and Terrorism. RMS HD Models represent the next generation of risk modeling, delivering deeper analysis and granularity from Moody’s. The HD probabilistic models incorporate a high-fidelity, simulation-based framework for modeling event frequency and severity, to provide a major step forward in the quality of catastrophe risk quantification. The framework allows for event footprints to be represented more realistically across larger event sets. The new RMS Europe Windstorm HD Model further enhances the current model and will cover 17 countries, adding Finland and Lichtenstein. The HD model includes a climate variability view and has expanded storm surge analytics to include the U.K., Ireland, France, and Belgium. Storm c
Suketu Upadhyay Elected to Vertex Board of Directors18.5.2022 16:30:00 CEST | Press release
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (Nasdaq: VRTX) today announced that Suketu (“Suky”) Upadhyayhas been elected to its board of directors as an independent director. Mr. Upadhyay is a global business executive with more than 20 years of experience in the pharmaceutical and medical technology sectors, serving in financial and strategy roles covering multiple areas of the life sciences sector. He is currently the Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Zimmer Biomet, a leading global innovator and manufacturer of orthopedic solutions, a position he has held since July 2019. “We are delighted to have Suky join the Vertex Board. His extensive financial and strategic experience in health care, paired with his leadership and expertise across biopharma and medtech, make him a valuable addition to our board of directors,” said Reshma Kewalramani, M.D., Vertex’s Chief Executive Officer and President. “It’s an honor to join Vertex, a company focused on serial innovation with an
Armory Makes Continuous Deployment Achievable and Effortless, at any Scale, for all Developers18.5.2022 16:17:00 CEST | Press release
Armory, the Continuous Deployment company empowering development teams to easily, reliably, safely, and continuously deploy software at any scale, today announced public early access to their new Continuous Deployment-as-a-Service product. Armory Continuous Deployment-as-a-Service delivers declarative deployments, across multiple environments, that support advanced strategies, so developers can focus on building great code rather than deploying it. “We believe deploying software continuously, at any scale, should be achievable and effortless for all developers of the world, not just the likes of Google and Netflix,” said Jim Douglas, President and CEO, Armory. “It’s our vision and mission to unlock innovation through software to make software continuous, scalable, secure, and safe, so developers can improve and protect their customers’ experience with confidence and ease.” To effectively compete in a software-defined world, development teams must ensure a stellar customer experience. S
Sermo Survey Reveals New Lung & Breast Cancer Research Rated as Most Interesting by Oncologists Attending ASCO This Year18.5.2022 15:15:00 CEST | Press release
A new survey from Sermo, a physician-first online community and leader in global HCP insights, timed to the annual American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) conference found that nearly half (47%) of attending oncologists are most interested in new data being presented about lung cancer. This is followed by a similarly high interest in new data about breast cancer, as reported by 44% of oncologists surveyed. Additionally, oncologists/hematologists reported they are most excited about learning about tumor targeting antibodies treatments as reported by 54% of those surveyed. Ahead of ASCO’s Annual Meeting, new cancer research and innovations are the driving reason surveyed oncologists/hematologists are attending the conference this year (59%). However, how they plan to attend looks different to many oncologists, as only 18% of oncologists/hematologists surveyed said they will attend ASCO in-person this year. A Look Into the Pandemic’s Negative Impacts on Cancer Care Globally Oncologis
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom