eGain Corporation :Consumers Say No to Chatbot Silos in US and UK Survey
Independent survey of 3000 consumers by Chatbots.org reveals that lack of integration with human-assisted service is the biggest pain point in using virtual assistants
SUNNYVALE, Calif. and NEWBURY, United Kingdom, Feb. 07, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- eGain (NASDAQ:EGAN), the leading provider of cloud-based customer engagement solutions, today announced that chatbot silos are the biggest hurdle for consumers in using virtual assistants. The finding is from an independent survey of 3,000 consumers, conducted by Chatbots.org.
Established in 2008, Chatbots.org is a global community devoted to the promotion of AI for business and societal value. The organization collaborates with businesses and academic institutions, sharing new developments in AI technologies such as chatbots and reasoning, and propagating best practices in leveraging them.
Sponsored by eGain, the research was conducted by Chatbots.org in Q4 calendar 2017 across the US and the UK, using SurveyMonkey(TM). Responses were compiled from 3,000 consumers who had used a chatbot for customer service in the prior 12 months. Key findings and corresponding viewpoints from Chatbots.org and eGain are:
- 59% of respondents (62% in the US and 55% in the UK) found that having to repeat information and context to a human agent in the event of escalation from chatbots was the biggest hassle by far in using virtual assistants1. Not surprisingly, this is a result of chatbot deployments that are completely disconnected from agent-assisted touchpoints.
- The second biggest deterrent at 32% (29% US and 37% UK) was chatbots "getting stuck and not knowing what to do next." This is a common problem that arises from a lack of focus on knowledge management to empower chatbots.
- 53% of the consumers surveyed (54% US and 52% UK) found chatbots to be "not effective" or only "somewhat effective." US consumers were harsher in their assessment of chatbots with 14% rating them as not effective versus only 5% of UK consumers. This is perhaps an indication that US consumers are challenging chatbots with more complex questions than UK consumers.
- Younger consumers thought that chatbots were more effective-where 22% of Generation Z and 15% of millennials rated them as "very effective," only 12% of boomers and the silent generation gave them the same rating. This is likely due to the positive attitude that digitally savvy Gen Z and millennial consumers have towards chatbots.
- Consumers with higher education found chatbots to be twice as ineffective as the less educated consumers did-13% of respondents with undergraduate or graduate degrees rated chatbots as "not effective" versus 7% of those with high school diplomas or incomplete high school education. This could be because educated consumers challenge chatbots to resolve more complex service problems.
"We wanted to understand the barriers consumers face in using chatbots in order to promote their adoption," said Erwin van Lun, CEO and founder of Chatbots.org. "The survey findings will help technology providers improve their offerings while helping businesses select and deploy chatbots the right way to make it easy for consumers."
"eGain is a pioneer in chatbot and AI technology with over 20 years of experience in the domain," said Ashu Roy, eGain CEO. "The survey validates our vision of unifying chatbots and other touchpoints through a customer engagement hub to enable seamless, omnichannel customer service journeys."
An infographic containing key findings can be downloaded at http://www.egain.com/resources/egain-chatbot-survey-2018/.
To learn more about eGain Virtual Assistant and other AI knowledge solutions, visit:
Chatbots.org is an international platform for vendors, users and developers of chatbots for customer service, e-commerce and marketing. Erwin van Lun, CEO of Chatbots.org, founded the community after he predicted that chatbots will gradually become the #1 customer communication channel for brands in his (Dutch) book 'Van Massamerk naar Mensmerk' in 2005. He has given over a hundred speeches in eight countries since.
eGain customer engagement solutions power digital transformation for leading brands. Our top-rated cloud applications for social, mobile, web, and contact centers help clients deliver connected customer journeys in an omnichannel world. To find out more about eGain, visit http://www.egain.com.
eGain, the eGain logo, and all other eGain product names and slogans are trademarks or registered trademarks of eGain Corp. in the United States and/or other countries. All other company names and products mentioned in this release may be trademarks or registered trademarks of the respective companies.
eGain media contact
ZingPR on behalf of eGain
Phone: +44 (0)1635 800087, Ext. 5118
1 Consumers were asked to select up to two hurdles.
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: eGain Corporation via Globenewswire
Följ NASDAQ OMX
Abonnera på våra pressmeddelanden.
Senaste pressmeddelandena från NASDAQ OMX
Resverlogix Provides Unrestricted Educational Grant for Epigenetic Symposium at International Renal Congress25.5.2018 07:45 | Pressmeddelande
CALGARY, Alberta, May 24, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Resverlogix Corp. ("Resverlogix" or the "Company") (TSX:RVX) today announced that on Friday, May 25, 2018, at the European Renal Association - European Dialysis and Transplant Association (ERA-EDTA) Congress in Copenhagen, Denmark, the Company is supporting a symposium titled: "Epigenetics in CKD & CVD: A potential breakthrough therapy?" The symposium highlights the role of epigenetics and BET-inhibition in chronic kidney disease and cardiovascular disease, especially in patients with diabetes mellitus, and the significant unmet need that still exists in this patient population. The symposium is co-chaired by Vincent M. Brandenburg, MD - Nephrologist, Aachen, Germany and Kamyar Kalantar-Zadeh, MD - UC Irvine School of Medicine, Irvine, CA, USA, both leading scientists also serving as advisors to Resverlogix's Renal program. The speakers and agenda are as follows: Introduction Vincent M. Brandenburg, MD - University Hospital of the RWTH
Atico Reports Consolidated Financial Results for the First Quarter of 201824.5.2018 22:30 | Pressmeddelande
(All amounts expressed in US dollars, unless otherwise stated) VANCOUVER, British Columbia, May 24, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Atico Mining Corporation (the "Company" or "Atico") (TSX.V:ATY) (OTC:ATCMF) today announced its financial results for the three months ended March 31, 2018, posting a net income of $0.4 million. Fernando E. Ganoza, CEO and Director, commented, "The strong production and all-in sustaining cash cost of $1.85 achieved this quarter is not reflected in the financial results as a large concentrate shipment was delayed to the second quarter, along with the revenue associated with those tonnes. The shipping schedule is expected to stabilize during the second quarter, where we will then benefit from the additional shipped concentrate and recognized revenue. We anticipate strong financial results in the next quarter." Mr. Ganoza continued, "Our emphasis will continue to be on further strengthening our balance sheet, improving production costs and most importantly regional
Elemica Reports Double Digit Network Growth and Announces New Product Innovations in First Quarter 201824.5.2018 18:18 | Pressmeddelande
Helping Process Manufacturers Undergo Digital Transformation Leads to Introduction of New Transformative Solutions WAYNE, Pa., May 24, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Elemica, the leading Digital Supply Network for process manufacturing industries, announces the company's first quarter results of 2018 highlighting substantial network growth and new product innovations. The Elemica Digital Supply Network had significant network expansion in the first quarter with traffic growing 10 percent year-over-year in Q1. Shipment traffic grew substantially based on new product expansions of Elemica Trace. "Elemica's growth can be attributed to our clients needing our expertise and technology to undergo a Digital Transformation that connects, automates, anticipates and transforms their enterprise for their business growth initiatives," said John Blyzinskyj, CEO of Elemica. "Our digital supply network enables businesses to grow their top and bottom lines, mitigate risk and improve customer satisfaction ac
Luxembourg Announced as SNOMED International's Newest Member24.5.2018 15:16 | Pressmeddelande
London, United Kingdom, May 24, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- SNOMED International and Agence eSanté Luxembourg are pleased to announce that Luxembourg has joined the organization as its thirty-second Member. Luxembourg, one of the leading nations in the area of information and communication technology, has set the development of eHealth technologies as a high priority. Agence eSanté, Luxembourg's national agency for the exchange and sharing of medical data, has set an overall mission to facilitate clinical information exchange both within Luxembourg and across other international actors. To work towards this reality, the agency has taken part in discussions about standardization across Europe, a contributing building block achieved with its membership in SNOMED International. With their membership, Agence eSanté has committed their support for the use of structured clinical terminology. When applied to the health sector, interoperability ensures that information systems, and through them h
SEMAFO Signs Underground Mining Services Contract with AUMS24.5.2018 14:00 | Pressmeddelande
MONTREAL, May 24, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- SEMAFO Inc. (TSX:SMF) (OMX:SMF) reports that it has signed a mining services contract with African Underground Mining Services ("AUMS") to provide turnkey mining services for Siou underground. AUMS is a well-known and reputable mining contractor with underground experience in Burkina Faso and across Africa. Under the mining services contract, AUMS will be responsible for supplying the mining fleet and a skilled labour force for Siou underground in addition to ensuring development, production and auxiliary services. SEMAFO will provide technical services including geology and engineering as well as leveraging the existing surface infrastructure at Mana. The mining services contract has a term of 70 months. The economic terms of the mining services contract are consistent with the economics presented in the Mana pre-feasibility study filed March 29, 2018 on SEDAR. Preparatory work has already commenced on Siou underground with full project deplo
Merus Announces First Patient Dosed in Phase 1 Clinical Trial of MCLA-158 in Patients with Solid Tumors24.5.2018 13:00 | Pressmeddelande
- IND Accepted in April by the U.S. FDA for MCLA-158 - UTRECHT, The Netherlands, May 24, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Merus N.V. (Nasdaq:MRUS), a clinical-stage immuno-oncology company developing innovative bispecific antibody therapeutics (Biclonics®), today announced that the first patient has been dosed in a Phase 1, first-in human clinical trial of MCLA-158 in patients with solid tumors with an initial focus on metastatic colorectal cancer. The trial will be conducted in Europe, where several Clinical Trial Applications (CTAs) have been approved to date. The Company also announced the submission of an Investigational New Drug (IND) application to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for MCLA-158, which was accepted by the FDA in April 2018. With this acceptance, Merus plans to open additional sites for this trial in the United States. MCLA-158 is designed to bind to cancer stem cells expressing leucine-rich repeat-containing G protein-coupled receptor 5 (Lgr5) and epidermal grow
I vårt pressrum kan du läsa de senaste pressmeddelandena, få tillgång till pressmaterial och hitta kontaktinformation.Besök vårt pressrum