Expanding Global Deployments of Product Cost Management Drive New Capabilities in Latest Release
New Simulation-Driven Design Features in aPriori Professional 2018 R1 Help Improve Product Profitability & Accelerate Time to Market
CONCORD, Mass., Feb. 27, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- aPriori, the leading provider of automated product cost management (PCM) software and service solutions for global manufacturers, today announced the newest release of the company's flagship product, aPriori Professional 2018 R1.
This new release concentrates on helping manufacturers combat some of the most critical challenges they are facing in their businesses today, including:
- Aerospace manufacturers are struggling with how to accommodate fixed price contracts and maintain profitability in an environment where new materials and manufacturing processes are being introduced continuously.
- Automotive manufacturers are struggling with major platform redesigns that are required to meet the demand for new electrified and autonomous vehicles.
- Industrial Machinery manufacturers are faced with new competition from more nimble start-up competitors in low cost countries that continue to put pressure on bringing new innovations to market faster.
- Electronic & High Tech product manufacturers are facing extreme challenges to bring innovative products to market faster requiring near perfect collaboration with their Contract Manufacturing partners who face their own challenges generating accurate quotes for new product designs in a timely manner.
Highlights of aPriori Professional 2018 R1
With aPriori 2018 R1, the company continues its commitment to helping customers overcome these challenges using time-proven product cost management business strategies and the world's most advanced PCM technology platform. The primary highlights of this release include:
- aPriori 2018 R1 has been extended to more easily integrate into engineering automation tools that support a Design of Experiments to simultaneously optimize product designs for performance and cost.
- Continued advances have been made in the area of Design to Cost / Design for Manufacturability features so that engineering can quickly and easily get cost and manufacturability feedback early in the design process to eliminate late stage rework and product launch delays.
- aPriori 2018 R1 also features significant upgrades to the Additive Manufacturing cost model, enabling end users to compare traditional subtractive manufacturing processes and additive manufacturing approaches. Specifically, aPriori now supports Direct Metal Laser Sintering (DMLS) which is often used to make metal parts in aerospace, industrial and medical industries.
- With aPriori 2018 R1, a new Stretch Forming cost model is being introduced. This manufacturing technique is commonly used in aerospace manufacturers to make large multi-curvature parts with low production rates, such as empennage, wing, fuselage and nacelle components on an airplane.
- aPriori is one of the pioneers responsible for providing quick, automated costing from 3D solid CAD models. In aPriori 2018 R1, aPriori continues its pioneering work in automated design model costing by introducing support for costing of surface models. Surface models are still used extensively for complex sheet metal parts particularly in the automotive industry.
The items above represent a fraction of the new capabilities delivered in aPriori 2018 R1. Hundreds of additional enhancements have been implemented in the product's core Sheet Metal, Sand Casting, Plastic Molding and Bar & Tube cost models, many of which were driven through our collaboration with our expanding customer base. For a complete list of new features available with aPriori 2018 R1, customers can refer to our Release Notes in the HelpCenter. An aPriori Support system password is required to access this documentation.
Enhanced Costing Capabilities for Printed Circuit Board Assembly
With this new release, aPriori continues to upgrade its capabilities around costing the assembly of Wire Harnesses and Printed Circuit Boards. Through a collaborative process with strategic industry partners, aPriori has implemented the following improvements to our electrical/electronics cost models:
- Performance - costing times are reduced by approximately 50-70% for PCBA and Wire Harness
- Improved Manufacturing Analysis - aPriori 2018 R1 includes numerous updates throughout both modules to better align with real world manufacturing practices
- Workflow - this new release provides better control over which components are used from the component library; users now specify which supplier or manufacturer they want to use for each component as well as having direct control over the purchase quantity assumptions
"Our growing customer base in aerospace, automotive, industrial machinery, and electronics markets are facing some extreme challenges in bringing their products to market faster and at target cost. This latest release of aPriori represents another big step forward in our efforts to provide cost and manufacturability guidance for our customers," reported Julie Driscoll, Vice President of Strategic Marketing and Product Management. "Our PCM technology platform is highly unique in that it supports the entire design to delivery process. Our company was founded on the principle that each day designers, buyers, cost engineers, manufacturing engineers and department leaders are making tradeoff decisions that have a significant impact on product profitability. aPriori 2018 R1 continues our commitment to providing cost solutions that allow individuals across the entire product lifecycle to understand the cost impact of these decisions - at the exact moment they are making those decisions."
aPriori software and services generate hard-dollar product cost savings for discrete manufacturing and product innovation companies. Using aPriori's real-time product cost assessments, employees in engineering, sourcing and manufacturing make more-informed decisions that drive costs out of products pre- and post-production. With aPriori, manufacturers launch products at cost targets, maximize savings in re-work projects and avoid overpaying for sourced parts. To learn more about aPriori and its product cost management solutions and services, visit www.apriori.com or call 1.978.371.2006.
aPriori and aPriori Technologies are registered trademarks of aPriori Technologies Inc. All other trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks belong to their respective holders.
Vice President, Marketing
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: aPriori Technologies via Globenewswire
Följ NASDAQ OMX
Abonnera på våra pressmeddelanden.
Senaste pressmeddelandena från NASDAQ OMX
Comodo CA Sees 35 Percent Year-Over-Year Increase in EV Certificates22.3.2018 15:47 | Pressmeddelande
EV SSL will be a topic of discussion at the Comodo CA booth during RSA 2018 CLIFTON, N.J., March 22, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Comodo CA, a worldwide leader in digital identity solutions, will address evolving cyberthreats and the increasing importance Extended Validation (EV) TLS/SSL certificates play in securing websites and inspiring consumer trust at the RSA Conference 2018, San Francisco, April 16 - 20. According to the Feb 2018 Netcraft report, Comodo CA has seen a 35 percent year-over-year increase of EV certificate units* making it one of the fastest growing providers of high assurance certificates. The volume of EV certificates globally also saw a record year in 2017 as more and more businesses adopt EV as standard practice for their websites. The demand for stronger, more secure EV certificates comes in the wake of increased phishing websites using Domain Validated (DV) certificates. Phishing websites imitate legitimate websites to steal customers' funds and identities. Phishi
CBT Pharmaceuticals to Grow Immuno-Oncology Pipeline by License Agreement of CrownBio CTLA-4 Antibody22.3.2018 14:43 | Pressmeddelande
SAN DIEGO, March 22, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Crown Bioscience, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Crown Bioscience International (TWSE:6554) and a global drug discovery and development services company providing translational platforms to advance oncology, inflammation, cardiovascular and metabolic disease research, announced today a strategic licensing agreement with CBT Pharmaceuticals (CBT), a U.S. and China-based innovative biopharmaceutical company committed to becoming a leader in the discovery and development of oncology combination therapies. The agreement gives CBT exclusive world-wide development and commercialization rights to a novel, recombinant, human monoclonal antibody which targets a differentiated epitope on the cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen-4 (CTLA-4) molecule. Binding of this antibody to CTLA-4 blocks the interaction of CTLA-4 with its ligands CD80/CD86 thus allowing the cytotoxic T cells to function actively. Under the terms of this global licensing agreement, CBT gain
Cloudflare Announces Mobile SDK to Monitor Network Performance for Applications22.3.2018 14:00 | Pressmeddelande
New free solution delivers network analytics to any mobile app developer SAN FRANCISCO, March 22, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cloudflare, the leading Internet performance and security company, today announced the Cloudflare Mobile SDK, a free solution that enables any mobile app developer to understand network performance and metrics. Consumers are frustrated by mobile apps that are slow, crash, or deliver errors that degrade the user experience. For mobile app developers, a bad user experience means poor reviews, lower engagement, and reduced conversion on business metrics. Delivering consistent app performance requires focusing on every link in the chain: app code, network calls between the app and edge networks, and server infrastructure. There are a number of solutions that give developers analytics on their applications, but there has never been a way for app developers to understand how often their apps fail due to network errors. App developers easily integrate the Cloudflare Mobil
Compuware: Survey Shows Critical Mainframe Workloads Increasing While Mainframe Staff Losses Remain Unfilled22.3.2018 13:00 | Pressmeddelande
Many Organizations Not Measuring, Prioritizing Vital Key Performance Indicators 57 percent of enterprises with a mainframe currently run more than half of their business-critical applications on the platform-with that number expected to increase to 64 percent by next year. 72 percent of customer-facing applications are completely or very dependent on mainframe processing. Enterprises have only replaced 37 percent of the mainframe workforce lost over the past five years. Many organizations surveyed are not currently measuring velocity or efficiency key performance indicators, putting them at a disadvantage in the digital age. DETROIT, March 22, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The mainframe is becoming more important to large enterprises, with the percentage of organizations running at least half their business-critical applications on that platform expected to increase next year. However, the loss of skilled mainframe staff, and the failure to subsequently fill these positions, pose significan
Hoylu AB: HOYLU NAMED A 2018 TOP 25 COLLABORATION TECHNOLOGY COMPANY BY CIO APPLICATIONS22.3.2018 08:30 | Pressmeddelande
Malmo, Sweden, March 6, 2018 - Hoylu, a leading enterprise collaboration company today announced that CIO Applications Magazine has named Hoylu a Top 25 Collaboration Technology Company in 2018. CIO Applications presents each year the most innovative and unique companies, highlighting companies that excel in the space of Enterprise Collaboration Products and Technology. The Hoylu Product Suite allows users to collaborate quickly and easily with anyone around the world using a freeform or structured canvas and the ability to share workspaces in real time on any device. Hoylu was selected from many companies worldwide as a result of their unique approach to collaboration, which puts emphasis on the experience and putting the user first. The award recognizes Hoylu as a company at the forefront of providing innovative collaboration solutions to help companies and individuals work better and smarter together. "We are honored to be recognized among the leaders in the category of collaboratio
Hoylu AB: Hoylu ett topp 25 företag 2018 inom samarbete och teknologi utmärkelse från CIO Applications.22.3.2018 08:30 | Pressmeddelande
Malmö, 22 mars 2018 - Hoylu, ett ledande företag för samarbetslösningar, tillkännagav idag att CIO Applications Magazine har givit Hoylu utmärkelsen topp 25 inom samarbete och teknologi 2018. CIO Applications presenterar varje år de mest innovativa och unika företagen, och belyser företag som utmärker sig inom Enterprise Collaboration Products och teknologi. Hoylu Product Suite gör det möjligt för användare att samarbeta snabbt och enkelt med någon annan i en annan del av världen med hjälp av en friformad eller strukturerad duk och möjligheten att dela arbetsytor i realtid på vilken enhet som helst. Hoylu plockades ut från många företag över hela världen till följd av deras unika samarbetssätt, vilket lägger tonvikten på upplevelsen och användarupplevelsen Priset ger Hoylu ett erkännande för att vara ett företag som ligger i framkant och som erbjuder innovativa samarbetslösningar för att hjälpa företag och privatpersoner att arbeta bättre och smartare tillsammans. "Vi är hedrade att bl
I vårt pressrum kan du läsa de senaste pressmeddelandena, få tillgång till pressmaterial och hitta kontaktinformation.Besök vårt pressrum