Expanding Global Deployments of Product Cost Management Drive New Capabilities in Latest Release
New Simulation-Driven Design Features in aPriori Professional 2018 R1 Help Improve Product Profitability & Accelerate Time to Market
CONCORD, Mass., Feb. 27, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- aPriori, the leading provider of automated product cost management (PCM) software and service solutions for global manufacturers, today announced the newest release of the company's flagship product, aPriori Professional 2018 R1.
This new release concentrates on helping manufacturers combat some of the most critical challenges they are facing in their businesses today, including:
- Aerospace manufacturers are struggling with how to accommodate fixed price contracts and maintain profitability in an environment where new materials and manufacturing processes are being introduced continuously.
- Automotive manufacturers are struggling with major platform redesigns that are required to meet the demand for new electrified and autonomous vehicles.
- Industrial Machinery manufacturers are faced with new competition from more nimble start-up competitors in low cost countries that continue to put pressure on bringing new innovations to market faster.
- Electronic & High Tech product manufacturers are facing extreme challenges to bring innovative products to market faster requiring near perfect collaboration with their Contract Manufacturing partners who face their own challenges generating accurate quotes for new product designs in a timely manner.
Highlights of aPriori Professional 2018 R1
With aPriori 2018 R1, the company continues its commitment to helping customers overcome these challenges using time-proven product cost management business strategies and the world's most advanced PCM technology platform. The primary highlights of this release include:
- aPriori 2018 R1 has been extended to more easily integrate into engineering automation tools that support a Design of Experiments to simultaneously optimize product designs for performance and cost.
- Continued advances have been made in the area of Design to Cost / Design for Manufacturability features so that engineering can quickly and easily get cost and manufacturability feedback early in the design process to eliminate late stage rework and product launch delays.
- aPriori 2018 R1 also features significant upgrades to the Additive Manufacturing cost model, enabling end users to compare traditional subtractive manufacturing processes and additive manufacturing approaches. Specifically, aPriori now supports Direct Metal Laser Sintering (DMLS) which is often used to make metal parts in aerospace, industrial and medical industries.
- With aPriori 2018 R1, a new Stretch Forming cost model is being introduced. This manufacturing technique is commonly used in aerospace manufacturers to make large multi-curvature parts with low production rates, such as empennage, wing, fuselage and nacelle components on an airplane.
- aPriori is one of the pioneers responsible for providing quick, automated costing from 3D solid CAD models. In aPriori 2018 R1, aPriori continues its pioneering work in automated design model costing by introducing support for costing of surface models. Surface models are still used extensively for complex sheet metal parts particularly in the automotive industry.
The items above represent a fraction of the new capabilities delivered in aPriori 2018 R1. Hundreds of additional enhancements have been implemented in the product's core Sheet Metal, Sand Casting, Plastic Molding and Bar & Tube cost models, many of which were driven through our collaboration with our expanding customer base. For a complete list of new features available with aPriori 2018 R1, customers can refer to our Release Notes in the HelpCenter. An aPriori Support system password is required to access this documentation.
Enhanced Costing Capabilities for Printed Circuit Board Assembly
With this new release, aPriori continues to upgrade its capabilities around costing the assembly of Wire Harnesses and Printed Circuit Boards. Through a collaborative process with strategic industry partners, aPriori has implemented the following improvements to our electrical/electronics cost models:
- Performance - costing times are reduced by approximately 50-70% for PCBA and Wire Harness
- Improved Manufacturing Analysis - aPriori 2018 R1 includes numerous updates throughout both modules to better align with real world manufacturing practices
- Workflow - this new release provides better control over which components are used from the component library; users now specify which supplier or manufacturer they want to use for each component as well as having direct control over the purchase quantity assumptions
"Our growing customer base in aerospace, automotive, industrial machinery, and electronics markets are facing some extreme challenges in bringing their products to market faster and at target cost. This latest release of aPriori represents another big step forward in our efforts to provide cost and manufacturability guidance for our customers," reported Julie Driscoll, Vice President of Strategic Marketing and Product Management. "Our PCM technology platform is highly unique in that it supports the entire design to delivery process. Our company was founded on the principle that each day designers, buyers, cost engineers, manufacturing engineers and department leaders are making tradeoff decisions that have a significant impact on product profitability. aPriori 2018 R1 continues our commitment to providing cost solutions that allow individuals across the entire product lifecycle to understand the cost impact of these decisions - at the exact moment they are making those decisions."
aPriori software and services generate hard-dollar product cost savings for discrete manufacturing and product innovation companies. Using aPriori's real-time product cost assessments, employees in engineering, sourcing and manufacturing make more-informed decisions that drive costs out of products pre- and post-production. With aPriori, manufacturers launch products at cost targets, maximize savings in re-work projects and avoid overpaying for sourced parts. To learn more about aPriori and its product cost management solutions and services, visit www.apriori.com or call 1.978.371.2006.
aPriori and aPriori Technologies are registered trademarks of aPriori Technologies Inc. All other trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks belong to their respective holders.
Vice President, Marketing
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: aPriori Technologies via Globenewswire
Följ NASDAQ OMX
Abonnera på våra pressmeddelanden.
Senaste pressmeddelandena från NASDAQ OMX
Immunicum AB (publ) Announces Appointment of Pawel Kalinski and Inge Marie Svane to Scientific Advisory Board17.9.2018 08:00 | Pressmeddelande
Press Release 17 September 2018 Immunicum AB (publ) Announces Appointment of Pawel Kalinski and Inge Marie Svane to Scientific Advisory Board Immunicum AB (publ; IMMU.ST) announced today the appointment of leading oncology experts to its Scientific Advisory Board with the addition of Pawel Kalinski, MD, PhD, Vice Chair for Translational Research within the Department of Medicine at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center, and Inge Marie Svane, MD, PhD, Professor, Head of the Clinical Cancer Research programme, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Director, Centre for Cancer Immunotherapy (CCIT), and consultant in Oncology, Herlev University Hospital. Both Scientific Advisory Board members will serve as a strategic resource to Immunicum as the company continues to advance the clinical development of its lead product, ilixadencel. "We are honored to have such highly specialized experts in the field of immuno-oncology and cell therapy join our Scientific Advisory Board a
Immunicum AB (publ) meddelar att Pawel Kalinski och Inge Marie Svane har valts in i det vetenskapliga rådet17.9.2018 08:00 | Pressmeddelande
Pressmeddelande 17 september 2018 Immunicum AB (publ) meddelar att Pawel Kalinski och Inge Marie Svane har valts in i det vetenskapliga rådet Immunicum AB (publ; IMMU.ST) meddelade i dag att två ledande immun-onkologiska experter har valts in i bolagets vetenskapliga råd för att fungera som strategiska resurser för Immunicum under bolagets fortsatta kliniska utveckling av sin ledande produkt, ilixadencel. Pawel Kalinski, MD, PhD, vice ordförande för translationell forskning vid den medicinska institutionen vid Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center, och Inge Marie Svane, MD, PhD, professor, chef för det kliniska cancerforskningsprogrammet på medicinska fakulteten vid Köpenhamns universitet, chef för Center för cancerimmunterapi (CCIT) samt överläkare inom onkologi, Herlevs universitetssjukhus har valts in i rådet. - Vi är hedrade att ha experter med specialistkompetens inom området immunonkologi och cellterapi i vårt vetenskapliga råd, vilka kan erbjuda ytterligare vägledning när det
Hoylu AB: HOYLU HIRES NEW CTO, SATOSHI NAKAJIMA AND ANNOUNCES EXPANSION INTO JAPAN14.9.2018 08:30 | Pressmeddelande
Malmo, Sweden, September 14, 2018 - Hoylu, a leading enterprise collaboration company, announced today Satoshi Nakajima will join Hoylu in the newly created position, as Chief Technology Officer and President of Hoylu Japan. Nakajima will guide the strategic technology direction and innovation of Hoylu while also leading the new Hoylu office in Tokyo, Japan. "Satoshi is a visionary and world-class technologist who has substantial experience in delivering world class innovations. He is joining the Company as we are extending our reach and expanding into Japan," said Stein Revelsby, CEO. "Satoshi's extensive experience in strategy and delivering technology that support a great user experience will make an immediate impact on the company." Nakajima will serve as President of Hoylu Japan and will report to Stein Revelsby. His leadership will strengthen customer relations and help develop new business among emerging and established Japanese companies while strengthening the global position
Hoylu AB: HOYLU ANSTÄLLER SATOSHI NAKAJIMA SOM NY CTO OCH EXPANDERAR TILL JAPAN14.9.2018 08:30 | Pressmeddelande
Malmö, Sverige, 14 september 2018 - Hoylu, ett ledande företag inom samarbetsmjukvara för företagsmarknaden annonserar idag att Satoshi Nakajima tar anställning som CTO (Chief Technology Officer) och President för Hoylu Japan. Nakajima kommer styra den strategiska inriktningen för företagets produkter och leda innovationsarbetet. Han kommer också leda Hoylus nyöppnade kontor i Tokyo, Japan. Satoshi är en visionär teknologiexpert som har stor erfarenhet av att skapa innovativa lösningar. Han kommer till Hoylu samtidigt som vi utökar marknaden till att även täcka in Japan säger Stein Revelsby, VD. "Satoshis långa och gedigna erfarenhet i strategiska frågor och tekniska lösningar med fokus på användarupplevelse kommer få stor betydelse för oss." Nakajima kommer även att bli President för Hoylu Japan och kommer rapportera till Stein Revelsby. Hans ledarskap kommer stärka existerande kundrelationer och utveckla nya affärer på den japanska marknaden och samtidigt bidra till att flytta fram p
LeoVegas AB: LeoVentures invests in esports betting - Pixel.bet13.9.2018 08:45 | Pressmeddelande
The LeoVegas Group, through its wholly owned investment company LeoVentures Ltd, has acquired 51% of the shares in Pixel Holding Group Ltd, which runs the esports betting operator Pixel.bet. The investment amounts to EUR 1.5 million for 51 percent of the company and is made through a new issue. Pixel.bet's vision is to create the greatest gaming experience in betting on esports www.pixel.bet "Esports is an international and fast-growing area that engages millions of viewers and players every month. With this investment in Pixel.bet we as a Group will gain unique insight into a new and fast-growing segment," comments Gustaf Hagman, LeoVegas' Group CEO and co-founder of LeoVegas Mobile Gaming Group. "In Pixel.bet we have found a passionate team of entrepreneurs who come from the esports community. With its strong technology and mobile-first gaming experience, Pixel.bet is a perfect match for the LeoVegas Mobile Gaming Group. Together we will drive development for the absolute premier exp
LeoVegas AB: LeoVentures investerar i esport betting - Pixel.bet13.9.2018 08:45 | Pressmeddelande
LeoVegas-koncernen har, genom sitt helägda investmentbolag LeoVentures Ltd förvärvat Pixel Holding Group Ltd, som driver esport betting operatören pixel.bet. Investeringen uppgår till 1,5 miljoner euro för 51 procent av bolaget och görs genom en nyemission. Pixel.bets vision är att skapa den främsta spelupplevelsen inom betting på esport www.pixel.bet "Esport är ett internationellt och snabbt växande område som engagerar miljontals tittare och utövare varje månad. Med investeringen i Pixel.bet får vi som koncern en unik inblick i ett nytt och snabbt växande segment.", säger Gustaf Hagman, Group CEO och co-founder av LeoVegas Mobile Gaming Group. "I Pixel.bet fann vi ett passionerat entreprenörsteam som verkligen kommer inifrån esport communityn. Med en riktigt bra teknik och spelupplevelse utvecklad mobile-first är det en perfekt match med LeoVegas Mobile Gaming Group. Tillsammans ska vi driva utveckling för den absolut främsta upplevelsen inom esport betting.", säger Robin Ramm-Ericso
I vårt pressrum kan du läsa de senaste pressmeddelandena, få tillgång till pressmaterial och hitta kontaktinformation.Besök vårt pressrum