Expanding Global Deployments of Product Cost Management Drive New Capabilities in Latest Release
New Simulation-Driven Design Features in aPriori Professional 2018 R1 Help Improve Product Profitability & Accelerate Time to Market
CONCORD, Mass., Feb. 27, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- aPriori, the leading provider of automated product cost management (PCM) software and service solutions for global manufacturers, today announced the newest release of the company's flagship product, aPriori Professional 2018 R1.
This new release concentrates on helping manufacturers combat some of the most critical challenges they are facing in their businesses today, including:
- Aerospace manufacturers are struggling with how to accommodate fixed price contracts and maintain profitability in an environment where new materials and manufacturing processes are being introduced continuously.
- Automotive manufacturers are struggling with major platform redesigns that are required to meet the demand for new electrified and autonomous vehicles.
- Industrial Machinery manufacturers are faced with new competition from more nimble start-up competitors in low cost countries that continue to put pressure on bringing new innovations to market faster.
- Electronic & High Tech product manufacturers are facing extreme challenges to bring innovative products to market faster requiring near perfect collaboration with their Contract Manufacturing partners who face their own challenges generating accurate quotes for new product designs in a timely manner.
Highlights of aPriori Professional 2018 R1
With aPriori 2018 R1, the company continues its commitment to helping customers overcome these challenges using time-proven product cost management business strategies and the world's most advanced PCM technology platform. The primary highlights of this release include:
- aPriori 2018 R1 has been extended to more easily integrate into engineering automation tools that support a Design of Experiments to simultaneously optimize product designs for performance and cost.
- Continued advances have been made in the area of Design to Cost / Design for Manufacturability features so that engineering can quickly and easily get cost and manufacturability feedback early in the design process to eliminate late stage rework and product launch delays.
- aPriori 2018 R1 also features significant upgrades to the Additive Manufacturing cost model, enabling end users to compare traditional subtractive manufacturing processes and additive manufacturing approaches. Specifically, aPriori now supports Direct Metal Laser Sintering (DMLS) which is often used to make metal parts in aerospace, industrial and medical industries.
- With aPriori 2018 R1, a new Stretch Forming cost model is being introduced. This manufacturing technique is commonly used in aerospace manufacturers to make large multi-curvature parts with low production rates, such as empennage, wing, fuselage and nacelle components on an airplane.
- aPriori is one of the pioneers responsible for providing quick, automated costing from 3D solid CAD models. In aPriori 2018 R1, aPriori continues its pioneering work in automated design model costing by introducing support for costing of surface models. Surface models are still used extensively for complex sheet metal parts particularly in the automotive industry.
The items above represent a fraction of the new capabilities delivered in aPriori 2018 R1. Hundreds of additional enhancements have been implemented in the product's core Sheet Metal, Sand Casting, Plastic Molding and Bar & Tube cost models, many of which were driven through our collaboration with our expanding customer base. For a complete list of new features available with aPriori 2018 R1, customers can refer to our Release Notes in the HelpCenter. An aPriori Support system password is required to access this documentation.
Enhanced Costing Capabilities for Printed Circuit Board Assembly
With this new release, aPriori continues to upgrade its capabilities around costing the assembly of Wire Harnesses and Printed Circuit Boards. Through a collaborative process with strategic industry partners, aPriori has implemented the following improvements to our electrical/electronics cost models:
- Performance - costing times are reduced by approximately 50-70% for PCBA and Wire Harness
- Improved Manufacturing Analysis - aPriori 2018 R1 includes numerous updates throughout both modules to better align with real world manufacturing practices
- Workflow - this new release provides better control over which components are used from the component library; users now specify which supplier or manufacturer they want to use for each component as well as having direct control over the purchase quantity assumptions
"Our growing customer base in aerospace, automotive, industrial machinery, and electronics markets are facing some extreme challenges in bringing their products to market faster and at target cost. This latest release of aPriori represents another big step forward in our efforts to provide cost and manufacturability guidance for our customers," reported Julie Driscoll, Vice President of Strategic Marketing and Product Management. "Our PCM technology platform is highly unique in that it supports the entire design to delivery process. Our company was founded on the principle that each day designers, buyers, cost engineers, manufacturing engineers and department leaders are making tradeoff decisions that have a significant impact on product profitability. aPriori 2018 R1 continues our commitment to providing cost solutions that allow individuals across the entire product lifecycle to understand the cost impact of these decisions - at the exact moment they are making those decisions."
aPriori software and services generate hard-dollar product cost savings for discrete manufacturing and product innovation companies. Using aPriori's real-time product cost assessments, employees in engineering, sourcing and manufacturing make more-informed decisions that drive costs out of products pre- and post-production. With aPriori, manufacturers launch products at cost targets, maximize savings in re-work projects and avoid overpaying for sourced parts. To learn more about aPriori and its product cost management solutions and services, visit www.apriori.com or call 1.978.371.2006.
aPriori and aPriori Technologies are registered trademarks of aPriori Technologies Inc. All other trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks belong to their respective holders.
Vice President, Marketing
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: aPriori Technologies via Globenewswire
Följ NASDAQ OMX
Abonnera på våra pressmeddelanden.
Senaste pressmeddelandena från NASDAQ OMX
Platinum Equity to Sell Worldwide Flight Services for €1.2 Billion19.6.2018 15:00 | Pressmeddelande
Successful investment adds to Platinum Equity's continued momentum in Europe LOS ANGELES, June 19, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Platinum Equity today announced it has signed a definitive agreement to sell Worldwide Flight Services (WFS) to affiliates of Cerberus Capital Management, L.P. in a transaction valued at approximately €1.2 billion. The sale is expected to close during Q4 2018, subject to regulatory approval and certain closing conditions. Since Platinum Equity acquired the company in 2015, WFS has grown significantly, both organically and through a transformative add-on acquisition, and is now the world's largest air cargo handler and one of the world's leading providers of ground handling and technical services, with annual revenues of more than €1.2 billion. "Through a combination of growth and operational initiatives, WFS has evolved and expanded significantly over the past three years and today enjoys record top-line and earnings performance," said Platinum Equity Partner Loui
CrownBio Enters Partnership with Pierre Fabre to Accelerate Discovery and Development of Immuno-Oncology Agents19.6.2018 14:00 | Pressmeddelande
SAN DIEGO, June 19, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Crown Bioscience, a global drug discovery and development services company providing translational platforms to advance oncology, inflammation, cardiovascular and metabolic disease research, announces that it has been selected by Pierre Fabre Research Institute as one of their partners to advance their immuno-oncology drug discovery pipeline. CrownBio boasts the world's largest collection of patient-derived xenograft (PDX) models and is a leading provider of humanized solutions for immuno-oncology drug development. Leveraging these exclusive capabilities, CrownBio will engraft PDX models selected by Pierre Fabre into CD34+ humanized mouse models. These customized, humanized models will be used to accelerate Pierre Fabre's innovative immuno-oncology drug discovery pipeline. "Pierre Fabre recognizes the value of CrownBio's extensive PDX collection and their expertise in implementing innovative humanization strategies," said Nathalie Corvaia, P
Quantenna's New QSR10GU-AX Plus Raises the Bar for Wi-Fi Performance and Functionality19.6.2018 14:00 | Pressmeddelande
SAN JOSE, Calif., June 19, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Quantenna Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:QTNA), the innovator and global leader of high performance Wi-Fi solutions, today announced that the QSR10GU-AX Plus, a new enhanced solution targeting gateways and access points based on the draft IEEE 802.11ax standard, is now sampling to select customers. Building upon Quantenna's pioneering QSR10G-AX Wi-Fi platform, QSR10GU-AX Plus offers unique capabilities, including Adaptive 5 GHz, SuperTx and ESP, providing significant performance gains across a variety of home configurations. The QSR10GU-AX Plus can operate concurrently in both 8x8 MIMO in the 5 GHz band and 4x4 MIMO in the 2.4 GHz band supporting a total of 12 streams. Unique features of QSR10GU-AX Plus include: Dynamic switching between 8x8 MIMO and dual 4x4 MIMO in the 5 GHz band by applying adaptive algorithms, enabled by Quantenna's unique baseband and RF architecture design. This provides the end users with the best possible MIMO c
Glatfelter to Acquire Georgia-Pacific's European Nonwovens Business for $185 Million19.6.2018 13:44 | Pressmeddelande
YORK, Pa., June 19, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- June 19, 2018 - Glatfelter (NYSE:GLT), a global supplier of specialty papers and engineered materials, today announced it has signed a definitive agreement to purchase Georgia-Pacific's European nonwovens business (the "Business") for $185 million, subject to customary purchase price adjustments. The proposed transaction includes Georgia-Pacific's operations located in Steinfurt, Germany, along with sales offices located in France and Italy. The Steinfurt facility produces high-quality airlaid products for the table-top, wipes, hygiene, food pad, and other nonwoven materials markets, competing in the marketplace with nonwoven technologies and substrates, as well as other materials focused primarily on consumer based end-use applications. The Steinfurt facility is a state-of-the-art, 32,000-metric-ton-capacity manufacturing facility that employs approximately 220 people. "Glatfelter's agreement to acquire the European nonwovens business demon
Industry stakeholders partner on blockchain based margin and collateral solution19.6.2018 13:00 | Pressmeddelande
AMSTERDAM, the Netherlands, BRUSSELS, Belgium, LONDON and STOCKHOLM, Sweden, June 19, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ABN AMRO Clearing, EuroCCP, Euroclear and Nasdaq have completed a joint proof of concept to make the use of securities more efficient when used to cover margin calls, including after business hours, using blockchain, or distributed ledger technology (DLT). This solution addresses significant business challenges and inefficiencies related to the current provision of collateral to Central Counterparties (CCPs) and has demonstrated that a shared, resilient network can be built between collateral givers, collateral takers and intermediaries. The inefficiencies of collateral processing have been heightened as a result of recent market changes such as extended trading hours by stock exchanges and the requirement to centrally clear derivatives traded bilaterally (OTC) under the European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR). Today, a CCP margin call typically needs to be covered by
Lithium Werks and Endrich agree pan-Asian battery distribution deal19.6.2018 09:00 | Pressmeddelande
AUSTIN, Texas, June 19, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Battery and portable power solutions group Lithium Werks B.V. has signed a strategic distribution agreement with Taipei, Taiwan-based distributor Endrich Co., Ltd to bolster its support for Asian customers. "Demand for lithium batteries from Asian customers has been strong for a long time, but even so, we've seen nothing yet. We expect an enormous uptick in demand in the years ahead," said T. Joseph Fisher III, CEO and co-founder of Lithium Werks. "With its unrivaled knowledge of Asian markets, Endrich is a trusted supplier to a number of tier-one ODMs (original design manufacturers) and OEMs (original equipment manufacturers). "Together, we will continue to develop ever closer relationships with customers in markets such as Taiwan, Japan, South Korea and, not least, China, where we are preparing to build a lithium battery giga factory," he said. "I have known Endrich for a long time, so I already know that this partnership will be benef
I vårt pressrum kan du läsa de senaste pressmeddelandena, få tillgång till pressmaterial och hitta kontaktinformation.Besök vårt pressrum