Fluence by OSRAM Experts Join Speaker Lineups at Global Horticulture and Cannabis Conferences This Fall
Fluence by OSRAM (Fluence), a leading global provider of energy-efficient LED lighting solutions for commercial cannabis and food production, announced its upcoming schedule of speakers who will present at virtual and in-person horticulture and cannabis industry conferences this fall.
“We’re thrilled our speakers are joining industry thought leaders from across the world to share their deep knowledge with cultivators, researchers, partners and others,” said David Cohen, CEO of Fluence. “At Fluence, our experts lead with science and are dedicated to advancing the industry’s awareness and application of LED lighting technologies to better understand the interaction between light and life. We look forward to connecting with conference participants, engaging in valuable conversations and discussing insights and learnings about what’s possible for LED lighting technology.”
Fluence’s roster of speakers includes:
- NCIA’s Midwest Cannabis Business Conference: Corinne Wilder, vice president of global operations, will speak with Dario Boyce from Anderson Porter Design and Jesse Porter from Inspire Transpiration Solutions on Sept. 23 at 12:00 p.m. CST about guidelines and policy for resource efficiency, including HVAC, lighting and control systems.
- NYC AgTech Week: Steve Graves, vice president of business development, will speak with Alina Zolotareva from AeroFarms, Tisha Livingston from Infinite Acres, Dr. Mary Ellis from Earle & Associates Ltd. and Penny McBride from FarmTech Society on Sept. 24 at 1:45 p.m. CST about trends in global controlled environment agriculture.
- GreenTech Amsterdam:
- Timo Bongartz, general manager of EMEA, will speak with Brad Nattrass from urban-gro and Nic Easley from 3C Consulting, LLC on Sept. 29 at 8:00 a.m. CST about market insights, challenges and opportunities for medical cannabis.
- Leo Lansbergen, horticulture service specialist, will speak with Max van den Hemel from Delphy Improvement Centre, Marc van Oers from Van Iperen International and Eri Hayashi from the Japan Plant Factory Association on Sept. 28 at 5:15 a.m. CST about crop management and optimization.
- Theo Tekstra, technical director, will speak with Lisanne Meulendijks from Delphy Improvement Centre, Andrew Jenkins from TU Delft and Aleksander Nastov from Samsung on Sept. 29 at 7:00 a.m. CST about vertical farming.
- HortiCann Light + Tech: Dr. Abhay Thosar, director of horticulture services, will speak with Adam Shinners from Superior Fresh on Sept. 29 at 3:00 p.m. CST about sustainability and best cultivation practices, efficiencies and optimized lighting strategies in commercial food production.
- Indoor Ag-Con: Steve Graves, vice president of business development, will participate in a panel on Oct. 4 at 9:30 a.m. CST about the next technical frontier for lighting.
- Benzinga Cannabis Capital Conference: David Cohen, CEO of Fluence, will give an exclusive on-stage interview during Benzinga’s hybrid event on Oct. 15 at 12:10 p.m. CST.
- MJBizCon: Corinne Wilder, vice president of global operations, will speak with David Hess from Tress Capital and Derek Smith from the Resource Innovation Institute on Oct. 22 at 12:30 p.m. CST about environmental and sustainability practices.
- 2021 Plant Lighting Short Course: Dr. David Hawley, principal scientist, will speak on Oct. 28 at 1:00 p.m. CST about lighting for indoor agriculture.
- Grow Up Conference & Expo: Taylor Kirk, horticulture service specialist, will join cannabis experts on Dec. 1 at 9:15 a.m. CST to discuss growers’ experiences and expectations with LED lighting in cannabis cultivation.
For information about Fluence’s upcoming speaking engagements, including more presentation details, how to register and how to contact the Fluence team at their upcoming conferences, visit www.fluence.science/events-main.
About Fluence by OSRAM
Fluence Bioengineering, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of OSRAM, creates powerful and energy-efficient LED lighting solutions for commercial crop production and research applications. Fluence is a leading LED lighting supplier in the global cannabis market and is committed to enabling more efficient crop production with the world’s top vertical farms and greenhouse produce growers. Fluence global headquarters are based in Austin, Texas, with its EMEA headquarters in Rotterdam, Netherlands. For more information about Fluence, visit www.fluence.science.
To view this piece of content from cts.businesswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
For Fluence, Pam Olszewski
About Business Wire
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
The Spotlight on Iceland’s Capital City Shines Even Brighter With the Arrival of The Reykjavik EDITION21.10.2021 17:30:00 CEST | Press release
A flourishing culinary hotspot with cool cafés, a rollicking nightlife and an epic music scene, the spotlight is shining brightly on Iceland’s hip capital city and, with typical finesse, the arrival of The Reykjavik EDITION further cements EDITION Hotels' uncanny ability to land in just the right place at the right time. “Reykjavik is a really cool, young city -perfect for our brand,” says Ian Schrager, the visionary pioneer of the boutique hotel concept, PUBLIC and EDITION creator. “We think this is Reykjavik’s time and we’re right here at the very heart of it and at the perfect time.” This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211021005764/en/ The Reykjavik EDITION (Photo: Business Wire) Opening in preview on November 9th, 2021, The Reykjavik EDITION will set a new standard as the city’s first truly luxury hotel experience, combining the best of the Icelandic capital with the personal, intimate and individual experienc
MediaTek Selected to Power Vewd for Automotive Platform21.10.2021 16:41:00 CEST | Press release
Vewd, the leading provider of OTT software solutions, today announced that MediaTek’s Autus I20 (MT2712) chipset was selected as the first reference platform to power Vewd for Automotive, a white-labeled, cloud-managed content aggregation and monetization solution for in-vehicle infotainment equipment providers and car manufacturers. MediaTek’s customer base, streaming ecosystem partnerships, and strong technical capabilities make it the strongest supplier to meet the needs of car manufacturers. Together, Vewd and MediaTek will target Strategy Analytics’ estimated 70 million connected cars on the road by 2025. Vewd for Automotive solves key rear-seat content challenges facing manufacturers through a turnkey solution ready for deployment. For manufacturers, content in the car represents an increasing consumer demand, along with the demand for connectivity that provides additional after-sale branding and revenue opportunities. By partnering with content providers, manufacturers can enabl
Biognosys to Present Major Scientific and Technological Advances at the ASMS 2021 Mass Spectrometry Conference21.10.2021 16:00:00 CEST | Press release
Biognosys, a leading inventor and developer of mass spectrometry-based proteomics solutions, today announced they will be presenting major scientific and technological advances on their proprietary proteomics research services, software, and kits at the American Society for Mass Spectrometry (ASMS) Annual Conference from October 31st to November 4th in Philadelphia (USA). Biognosys will present a record number of 3 oral presentations, 10 scientific posters, 2 poster collaborations, 1 workshop panel, and 2 Spectronaut™ breakfast seminars. In addition, their team of scientific experts will be present at booth #224 to answer questions and demo software. Further demo sessions will be offered at the Bruker Daltonics booth #719. Collectively, this presence demonstrates Biognosys’ significant contributions to transforming life science and clinical research with next-generation proteomics, particularly in the areas of plasma proteomics, immunopeptidomics, and proteomics data analysis. Lukas Re
SHV Energy Implements Global Remote LPG Tank Monitoring With Sigfox Netherlands’ 0G Network and Reduces Carbon Emissions21.10.2021 16:00:00 CEST | Press release
SHV Energy and Sigfox are rolling out a global LPG tank level monitoring solution. The implementation has started in France, Belgium and Germany and is already generating lower carbon emissions and improved customer satisfaction. Over the next three years, 50,000 units will be rolled out worldwide. Sigfox’s IoT (Internet of Things) asset monitoring capability enables SHV Energy to reduce the cost of tank level monitoring, while increasing efficiency and productivity. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211021005065/en/ SHV Energy LPG tank (Photo: Sigfox) SHV Energy, a leading global distributor of off-grid energy such as LPG, LNG, biofuels and renewables, with 30 million customers in 25 countries and 16,700 employees, selected to work with Sigfox, a world’s leading IoT communication service provider and 0G network pioneer. SHV Energy set-up a Telemetry Centre of Excellence and used Sigfox’ solutions and partner At
SSZN Selects Newsight's NSI1000 Chip for Its Advanced Industry 4.0 Production Line Sensors21.10.2021 15:50:00 CEST | Press release
Newsight Imaging Ltd., an innovative semiconductor company developing machine vision sensors, spectral vision chips and systems, announces a commercial agreement with SSZN. SSZN is a leader in developing smart industry 4.0 solutions for supporting automated production line supervision. Newsight will provide SSZN with the NSI1000 - its new and advanced sensor chip. The deal follows a successful design-win where SSZN conducted an evaluation using the NSI1000 chip, closely supported by Newsight's engineering teams in Israel and Shenzhen. The first order of 100,000 chips will be supplied in the upcoming months. The NSI1000 CMOS Image sensor chip, launched by Newsight last year, consists of 32 lines of 1024 pixels and it supports multiple modes, such as multi-triangulation for state-of-the-art accuracy and fast operation on production line inspection. The sensor implements Newsight's enhanced Time of Flight (eTOF™) technology for advanced, long-range, and high-resolution 3D depth image capt
Esper and Lenovo Collaborate on Android Device Deployment in Enterprises21.10.2021 15:05:00 CEST | Press release
DevOps for Devices leader Esper and Lenovo™are teaming up to place Esper software on key models of Lenovo Android tablets and other intelligent business devices. This collaboration allows enterprises that manage large fleets of devices to focus on their critical line-of-business applications, leaving the device infrastructure and management tasks to Lenovo and Esper’s joint solution. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211021005372/en/ Lenovo K10 Tablet (Photo: Business Wire) As the fastest-growing tablet maker (YoY) last quarter1, Lenovo’s expertise in smarter device design, engineering and user experiences combines with Esper’s modern, DevOps-powered device infrastructure software that lets organizations of every size and segment (e.g. healthcare, retail, hospitality), easily set up, manage, better secure, and maintain large fleets of devices on their journey to digital transformation. “With proprietary features
Finalist Teams Selected in $10M ANA Avatar XPRIZE Competition21.10.2021 15:00:00 CEST | Press release
XPRIZE, the world’s leader in designing and operating incentive competitions to solve humanity’s grand challenges, announced today that 15 teams from 8 countries are advancing to the finals round of the $10M ANA Avatar XPRIZE competition. Sponsored by All Nippon Airways (ANA), Japan’s largest airline, the Avatar XPRIZE is a four-year global competition focused on the development of an avatar system that will deploy a human’s senses, actions, and presence to a remote location in real time, leading to a more connected world. In the future, avatars could help provide critical care and deploy immediate responses in emergency situations, or offer opportunities for exploration and new ways of collaboration, stretching the boundaries of what is possible and maximizing the impact of skill and knowledge sharing. These avatars must demonstrate the ability to execute tasks across a variety of real-world scenarios and convey a sense of presence for both the operator and the recipient in those inte
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom