GridGain® Continues Strong Momentum in 2017 as Demand for Its In-Memory Computing Platform Drives 84 Percent Sales Growth
GridGain Continues to Dominate Industry, Offering Product Innovations, Hosting Vital Industry Conferences and Earning Major Industry Awards
FOSTER CITY, Calif., Jan. 24, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- GridGain® Systems, provider of enterprise-grade in-memory computing solutions based on Apache® Ignite(TM), today announced continuing strong momentum throughout 2017. Key achievements during the year included 84 percent year-over-year growth in sales, major product innovations, continued growth of the popular In-Memory Computing Summit®, and numerous industry accolades.
- 2017 sales surged 84 percent compared to 2016, driven by a mix of new and repeat orders from leading companies in industries including financial services, fintech, online travel services, telecommunications, web-scale online business services, and healthcare.
- Headcount increased 73 percent during 2017, as GridGain expanded its presence in Western Europe, North America and the CIS region, with major staff additions in sales, professional services, development and customer support.
- GridGain was named to the 36th annual Inc. 500 list, a highly regarded ranking of fastest-growing private companies in the USA. GridGain ranked no. 187 overall, no. 13 on the Top Software Companies list, no. 8 in the San Francisco metro area, and no. 40 in the state of California.
- GridGain ranked no. 2 on the Silicon Valley Business Journal list of Fastest Growing Private Companies.
- GridGain ranked no. 5 on the 26thannual San Francisco Business Times Fast 100 list.
- GridGain was named to the 2017 Red Herring Top 100 Global Winners list.
- GridGain was named to the Trend-Setting Products in Data and Information Management for 2018 list by Database Trends & Applications (DBTA). DBTA also included GridGain in its annual DBTA 100 list of the Companies That Matter Most in Data.
- GridGain received Bronze Stevie Awards for GridGain Professional Edition in two categories - "Company of the Year - Computer Software - Small" and "New Product or Service of the Year - Software - Other."
- The 12th Annual IT World Awards named GridGain the Gold Award winner in the "Internet of Things" (IoT) category and the Silver Award winner in the "IT Products and Services for Finance, Banking and Insurance" category.
Products and Services
- GridGain 8.1 expanded the bounds of in-memory computing with a next-generation memory-centric architecture that leverages ongoing advancements in memory and storage technologies. GridGain 8.1 extends the unique SQL capabilities of the GridGain platform with expanded SQL Data Definition Language (DDL) capabilities added to its existing DML support. The release provides optimal performance on hybrid memory/disk infrastructures using a new Persistent Store feature. For organizations using Persistent Store in production, the new GridGain Ultimate Edition includes backup features which are highly recommended when deploying in mission-critical environments.
- GridGain Professional Edition 2.0, a fully supported version of Apache Ignite 2.0, was introduced. The release includes new functionality, which significantly improves performance and simplifies the integration requirements for use cases where distributed, in-memory computing can dramatically improve the speed and scalability of data-intensive applications. New functionality includes a durable memory architecture that extends support beyond RAM to now include solid-state drives (SSDs) and flash memory, and helps eliminate noticeable Java garbage collection (GC) pauses. The release also added support for the Spring Data API, enhanced .NET and C++ functionality, and more.
- Earlier in the year, GridGain Professional Edition 1.9 was released, improving performance and adding automated benchmarking, Kubernetes® support for deploying containerized Apache Ignite clusters, expanded support for data manipulation language (DML), and more.
- The GridGain In-Memory Computing platform obtained certifications from Hortonworks and Tableau and joined their respective technology partnership programs. These partnerships make it easier for enterprises to launch high performance Big Data systems built on Hortonworks that leverage in-memory computing. Enterprises will also now be able to visualize in-memory data held in GridGain using Tableau.
In-Memory Computing Thought Leadership
- In 2017, GridGain expanded its highly anticipated In-Memory Computing Summit®, now offering two events each year, one in Europe and one in North America.
- The first annual In-Memory Computing Summit Europe took place June 20-21, 2017 at the Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre. More than 200 attendees from 24 countries heard keynotes and breakout sessions on a broad range of in-memory computing topics. Presenters included representatives from ING, Barclays, Finastra, NetApp, Fujitsu, JacTravel and more.
- The third annual In-Memory Computing Summit North America took place October 24-25, 2017, at the South San Francisco Conference Center. With nearly 400 registrants, the conference included keynotes and breakouts sessions by representatives from Sberbank, Workday, Wellington Management, the Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA) and more.
- GridGain will host the second annual In-Memory Computing Summit Europe June 25-26, 2018 at the Park Plaza Victoria London. The Call for Papers for the conference will end on March 11, 2018.
- GridGain demonstrated its ongoing commitment to helping businesses understand how in-memory computing can help them address the speed and scale requirements of modern, data-intensive applications. The company hosted a variety of webinars and workshops, participated in several industry conferences, and organized or attended dozens of local meetups.
"2017 was the year when in-memory computing achieved mainstream adoption for accelerating and scaling out data-intensive applications driven by digital transformation, omnichannel customer experience, and real-time financial regulations," said Abe Kleinfeld, president and CEO of GridGain. "2018 will be another exciting year as companies continue their pursuit of digitalization and deeper real-time insights, further accelerating demand for in-memory computing solutions. GridGain will continue to build on its industry and thought leadership, delivering new innovations, solutions and the learning opportunities enterprises need to leverage next-generation memory-centric architectures for their most challenging, data-intensive applications."
About GridGain® Systems
GridGain Systems is revolutionizing real-time data access and processing by offering enterprise-grade in-memory computing solutions built on Apache® Ignite(TM). GridGain solutions are used by global enterprises in financial, software, ecommerce, retail, online business services, healthcare, telecom and other major sectors. GridGain solutions connect data stores (SQL, NoSQL, and Apache® Hadoop®) with cloud-scale applications and enable massive data throughput and ultra-low latencies across a scalable, distributed cluster of commodity servers. GridGain is the most comprehensive, enterprise-grade in-memory computing platform for high volume ACID transactions, real-time analytics, and hybrid transactional/analytical processing. For more information, visit gridgain.com.
GridGain is a trademark or registered trademark of GridGain Systems, Inc. Apache, Apache Cassandra, Cassandra, Apache Hadoop, Hadoop, Apache Ignite, and Ignite are trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation. All other product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: GridGain Systems via Globenewswire
Följ NASDAQ OMX
Abonnera på våra pressmeddelanden.
Senaste pressmeddelandena från NASDAQ OMX
Inspiration Mining to File a Complaint with OSC Against Stockwatch20.2.2018 21:35 | Pressmeddelande
TORONTO, Feb. 20, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Inspiration Mining Corporation (the Corporation) (CSE:ISM) reports that Stockwatch, a Vancouver based news service, has published incorrect news. Inspiration intends to initiate a one (1) for two (2) FORWARD SPLIT. Inspiration fully intends to bring forth a resolution at its upcoming Annual General Meeting to initiate a FORWARD SPLIT, on a one (1) old share for two (2) new share basis. For further information, please contact Randy Miller, Chief Executive Officer of the Corporation, at tel: 416-842-9000, www.inspirationmining.com. The CSE has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release. This press release contains forward-looking statements based on assumptions, uncertainties and management's best estimates of future events. Actual results may differ materially from those currently anticipated. Investors are cautioned that such forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties. Important
Aurora Releases Third Quarter Results20.2.2018 21:08 | Pressmeddelande
Aurora Solar Technologies Inc. / Aurora Releases Third Quarter Results . Processed and transmitted by Nasdaq Corporate Solutions. The issuer is solely responsible for the content of this announcement. NORTH VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Feb. 20, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Aurora Solar Technologies Inc. ("Aurora")("Company") (TSX.V:ACU) (OTCBB:AACTF) (FSE:A82), a leader in inline measurement and control technology for the photovoltaic manufacturing industry, released today its third quarter results. Revenue for the quarter was $337,325, gross margin was 62.9%, resulting in an operating income loss of ($398,959). Year-to-date for nine months, the Company has recognized $1,903,020 in revenue, an increase of 238% over the same period last year. The operating income (loss) year to date was ($674,983), a reduction of 67.7% from the same period last fiscal year. The Company also confirms, excluding new potential orders, that it has unrecognized revenue from shipments and order backlog of approxi
Bermuda Principles event merges science and business20.2.2018 16:36 | Pressmeddelande
HAMILTON, Bermuda, Feb. 20, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Scientists and researchers from around the world are gathering in Bermuda this week for the second edition of a conference exploring the field of genetic research. Premier the Hon David Burt will officially open "Bermuda Principles: Impact on Splicing" Wednesday evening at the Fairmont Southampton. The conference, which runs through Saturday, has registered 50 delegates, along with an impressive roster of 36 speakers and panellists from 11 countries, including Australia, Denmark, Switzerland and South Africa. Among the attendees are prominent geneticists, scientists, professors, researchers, PhD students working in international labs, biotech representatives and investors. "I am elated to see the growth of the conference since last year's event," said Bermudian Dr. Carika Weldon, a biomedical researcher with her own lab at De Montfort University, UK, who conceived of the event and launched it last February. "My main aim has been to p
Globecomm Joins Amazon Web Services Partner Network20.2.2018 16:00 | Pressmeddelande
Highlights Globecomm establishes direct access to Amazon Web Services (AWS) Direct Connect at key datacenter locations. Customers in U.S. Government, media and entertainment, enterprise video and the Internet of Things (IoT) can interoperate cloud-based services with Globecomm's global satellite and fiber network to reduce capital expenditure and ramp up networks and services faster. Globecomm's suite of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications run on AWS, accessible across both AWS and Globecomm's global network. Globecomm's team in place to design, develop and deliver cloud-centric as well as hybrid architectures for end-to-end services and customer solutions. HAUPPAUGE, N.Y., Feb. 20, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Globecomm announced today that it has joined the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner Network (APN) as a Standard Technology Partner. This agreement will enable Globecomm to seamlessly interoperate its global satellite and fiber network with AWS's storage, compute and cloud conte
Elite Capital & Co. awarded Infrastructure Project Finance Provider 2018 by New European Economy20.2.2018 15:41 | Pressmeddelande
LONDON, Feb. 20, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Information Department at Elite Capital & Co. Limited (ECC), announced today that the company features in the specialized and prestigious New European Economy Magazine in its January 2018 issue in Britain and the European Union countries as the "Infrastructure Project Finance Provider 2018". The award is the result of focused efforts and synergy between the ECC Board of Directors and our employees and strategic partners all over the world over the past years. It also reflects the ability of the Company's strategy to adapt to the prevailing global economic circumstances and testifies to the viability of the planning process adopted by the Board of Directors. Dr. Faisal Khazaal, Chairman of Elite Capital & Co. commented on the occasion, "I should thank Mr. George Matharu, President of ECC and his Board Members who make ceaseless efforts towards ensuring that ECC continues to occupy a prestigious position in the field of finance and economy in
New MindManager 11 for Mac: Visually Capture, Organize, and Share Information to Drive Project and Business Success20.2.2018 15:26 | Pressmeddelande
Powerful mind mapping and information visualization software introduces its most robust Mac version yet; complete with new diagram types, an expanded template library, advanced mapping capabilities, and improved sharing options OTTAWA, Feb. 20, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Introduced today, MindManager® 11 for Mac brings new elegance and efficiency to the way individuals and teams organize ideas, tackle tasks, and achieve their goals. Already a leader in mind mapping and information visualization on the Mac, MindManager's new release offers advanced mapping capabilities, new diagram types and templates, and easy ways to share and publish your work - all delivered within a redesigned interface optimized to enhance productivity. Individuals, small businesses, and global organizations rely upon MindManager to efficiently brainstorm and organize ideas, communicate knowledge effectively, and execute project success. MindManager enables users to turn unstructured ideas and information into dynam
I vårt pressrum kan du läsa de senaste pressmeddelandena, få tillgång till pressmaterial och hitta kontaktinformation.Besök vårt pressrum