Hilton Releases 2020 ESG Report, Reinforcing Commitment to Positive Global Impact
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) has released its 2020 Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Report, which highlights the company’s continued commitment to redefining sustainable travel and driving positive impact on people and the planet. Through Hilton’s Travel with Purpose program, the company continues to take important steps to integrate positive social impact and environmental stewardship throughout its operations, communities and supply chain.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210420005911/en/
Hilton releases 2020 ESG report, reinforcing commitment to positive global impact. (Photo: Business Wire)
“As we weathered this unpredictable year, Hilton has remained focused on our Team Members and the communities we serve around the world,” said Kristin Campbell, general counsel and chief ESG officer, Hilton. “We took a nimble approach during this difficult period to deliver meaningful support, while remaining focused on our bold Travel with Purpose 2030 Goals. Now more than ever, we are committed to our leadership in environmental, social and governance so travelers can enjoy our planet for years to come.”
Hilton’s 2020 ESG Report highlights the company’s environmental and social performance during a tumultuous year. Despite the challenges of 2020, Hilton was proud to receive several significant ESG honors in 2020, including:
- Named the 2020 Global Industry Leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices, the most prestigious ranking for corporate responsibility and sustainability performance, for the second consecutive year;
- Recognized just last week as one of the Best Companies to Work For in the U.S. by Great Place to Work and Fortune for the sixth consecutive year, including earning the #1 spot in 2020 and #3 in 2021 – as well as being ranked the #3 World’s Best Workplace and achieving a #1 ranking in seven countries around the world in 2020;
- Ranked #2 on DiversityInc’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity list; and
- Named to the 100 Best Corporate Citizens of 2020 list, the only global hotel brand recognized.
An Unprecedented Year for Social Impact
The importance of engaging local communities, supporting Team Members, and promoting a culture of inclusion took on new meaning and urgency in 2020. Hilton took action to support its Team Members and its communities:
- Partnered with American Express and hotel owners to donate up to one million hotel room nights for U.S. frontline medical professionals leading the fight against COVID-19 and teamed up with World Central Kitchen to provide meals for many of these heroes staying in Hilton’s hotels.
- Distributed approximately $500,000 to Team Members who contracted the COVID-19 virus to help cover related expenses, including child or elder care.
- Acted quickly to ensure the safety and wellbeing of Team Members around the world by introducing Hilton CleanStay™,an industry-defining standard of cleanliness and disinfection in collaboration with Reckitt, maker of Lysol and Dettol.
- Awarded 23 grants through the Hilton Effect Foundation to support organizations helping vulnerable communities recover from COVID-19. In total, the Foundation invested more than $1 million in COVID-19 community response during 2020.
- Remained committed to doubling the company’s social impact by 2030. Despite the challenges the hospitality industry faced in 2020, Hilton realized many achievements including contributing 185,000 volunteer hours and creating new ways for Team Members to volunteer virtually. Hilton also continued to drive inclusive growth through the company’s award-winning Supplier Diversity Program.
- Focused on building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace for its Team Members and guests. Hilton received a rating of 100% on the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality index for the seventh year in a row and is committed to achieving global gender parity and 25% U.S. ethnic representation at corporate leadership levels by the end of 2027.
- Partnered with the NAACP’s Empowerment Program to advance equal rights and awarded grants to nonprofits that are at the front lines of the fight for racial justice, including the NAACP and National Urban League.
- Launched an internal Courageous Conversation virtual learning series that tackled critical topics including systemic racism, privilege, allyship and women leaving the workplace.
- Set new industry standards by contributing to the World Travel & Tourism Council’s (WTTC’s) new high-level guidelines for diversity and inclusion in the travel and tourism sector.
Continued Focus on Sustainability
Hilton operates in some of the most beautiful destinations around the world and recognizes its critical responsibility to protect the planet so that it remains healthy and vibrant for future generations. This year, Hilton achieved the following:
- Remained fully committed to halving its environmental impact and took immediate action to train hotel teams to adopt techniques to conserve resources in times of low occupancy.
- Took steps to increase sourcing of renewable energy at hotels around the world, in line with the company’s science-based targets. In 2020, the majority of Hilton managed hotels in the U.K. began procuring 100 percent renewable electricity.
- Undertook a thorough ESG materiality assessment to ensure the company’s Travel with Purpose programs remained aligned with the issues that matter most to Hilton’s business and stakeholders.
- Continued to enhance Hilton’s award-winning LightStay program, which all of Hilton’s 6,400+ hotels use to measure and manage their environmental and social impact.
- Established waste reduction standards for the Hilton EventReady with CleanStay meetings and events program.
- Collaborated with its hotel ownership community to continue to identify innovative and meaningful ways to adapt to the changing needs of its guests, Team Members and communities.
Hilton’s 2020 ESG Report was prepared in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards and integrates the recommendations of the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) and the Taskforce on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD). In addition to the ESG Report and website, Hilton externally reports on its Travel with Purpose strategy, programs and progress towards its 2030 Goals in the company’s Form 10-K, Annual Report and Proxy Statement. For more information about Hilton’s ESG efforts, visit cr.hilton.com.
* Unless otherwise indicated, all hotel data reflects Hilton’s 2020 annual report announcement (April 9). More information can be found on Hilton’s Investor Relations website.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,400 properties and more than one million rooms, in 119 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its founding vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, Hilton has welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its more than 100-year history, earned a top spot on the 2020 World’s Best Workplaces list, and was named the 2020 Global Industry Leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. In 2020, Hilton CleanStay was introduced, bringing an industry-defining standard of cleanliness and disinfection to hotels worldwide. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the more than 112 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can’t buy, plus enjoy instant benefits, including contactless check-in with room selection, Digital Key, and Connected Room. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
About Travel with Purpose
Travel with Purpose is Hilton’s Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy to redefine and advance sustainable travel globally. By 2030, we plan to double our investment in social impact and cut our environmental footprint by half. We track, analyze and report our environmental and social impact at each of Hilton’s more than 6,400 hotels through LightStay, our award-winning performance management system. Travel with Purpose capitalizes on Hilton’s global scale to catalyze local economic growth; respect human rights; invest in people and local communities; and preserve our planet by reducing our impact on natural resources. Our strategy aligns with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Visit cr.hilton.com to learn more.
About Hilton Effect Foundation
The Hilton Effect Foundation is Hilton’s primary international philanthropic arm. The Foundation is a nonprofit established in the U.S. and is a registered 501(c)3 charitable organization. The Foundation awards grants, in alignment with Hilton’s Travel with Purpose 2030 Goals, that have a positive impact on travel destinations around the world. Foundation grants are awarded throughout the year in accordance with tax and legal requirements. Visit HiltonEffect.org for more information.
To view this piece of content from cts.businesswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
+1 703 883 6065
About Business Wire
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
AVI's Treanor Responds to Symphony's Letter on the Recently Launched Public Campaign11.5.2021 10:00:00 CEST | Press release
On 29-Apr-21, Asset Value Investors (AVI) launched a public campaign calling for shareholder support to remove and replace the Board of Directors of Symphony International Limited (‘SIHL’). AVI notes the response from Anil Thadani, Chairman and Founder of the Investment Manager, published on 6-May-21: Symphony International Holdings Limited (“Symphony” or “SIHL”) Response in relation to Asset Value Investors Limited It is telling that it is Mr Thadani responding, when the core of our grievances made public last week rests on the independent directors seemingly being complicit in the way the company appears to be managed. Why is the “Independent” Chairman, Georges Gagnebin, silent? Why are shareholders asked to contact Mr Thadani with their concerns? Yet again, we see Mr Thadani appear to stand sentry between shareholders and the “independent” directors. The last letter from our BVI counsel to the Board dated 28-Jul-20 made clear that one of our next steps would be a public campaign. An
SmartStream Reveals Its Latest Reference Data Service for Exchange Notifications11.5.2021 10:00:00 CEST | Press release
SmartStream Technologies, the financial Reference Data Utility (RDU) solutions provider, today announces the launch of its Exchange Notification Service (ENS) as part of its SmartStream RDU solution suite and developed in partnership with clients. The ENS service has been designed to track, consolidate and normalise reference data notifications published by each exchange. Globally there are more than 100 exchanges where derivatives are traded. Due to multiple exchanges and formats, managing all the subscriptions from each exchange is a mammoth task. SmartStream in conjunction with several clients realised that missing exchange notifications in the reference data space can be very costly. With ENS, a firm no longer needs to incur the operational overheads of manually monitoring these notices. SmartStream RDU is the only service provider to produce a consolidated list of normalised notifications – providing a cost-effective, timely, complete, and accurate service. Linda Coffman, Executiv
ADVA adds encryption to flagship 10G edge device11.5.2021 09:00:00 CEST | Press release
ADVA (FSE: ADV) today launched its FSP 150-XG118Pro (CSH), addressing urgent enterprise demand for high-bandwidth connectivity with robust security. The new member of the ADVA FSP 150 programmable demarcation and edge compute portfolio supports 10Gbit/s MEF 3.0 Carrier Ethernet and IP services, provides precise synchronization capabilities and now features hardware-based encryption. With its comprehensive MACsec security, the ADVA FSP 150-XG118Pro (CSH) enables business data to pass safely and seamlessly across untrusted public networks and empowers communication service providers (CSPs) to offer fully encrypted bandwidth services. What’s more, like ADVA’s FSP 3000 transport solution, the ADVA FSP 150-XG118Pro (CSH) is ready to run post-quantum cryptographic (PQC) algorithms. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210511005059/en/ ADVA’s new FSP 150 will prove key for businesses seeking ultimate security for high-cap
21st BraunPrize Seeks to Reward Good Design That Will Shape Tomorrow11.5.2021 09:00:00 CEST | Press release
Braun celebrates its 100th anniversary in 2021 and we are pleased to announce the 21st BraunPrize International Design Competition, with a virtual awards ceremony due to take place in October 2021. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210511005118/en/ Established in 1968, the BraunPrize was Germany’s first international competition with the aim to promote the work of young designers. Braun’s continuous commitment to this cause has been highly regarded by the design world and the design-aware public ever since. This year, young, up-and-coming designers and inventors will be tasked with exploring good design to address and solve the challenges of today and tomorrow; and Braun’s commitment to nurturing young talent will see this year’s total prize value increase to $100,000 USD. A recent global study, conducted by Braun of 18-25 year olds, revealed that Gen Z believes that good design will play a pivotal role in its f
Galderma Launches CETAPHIL® Line for Sensitive Skin and New DAYLONG® Sun Protection Product in Switzerland11.5.2021 09:00:00 CEST | Press release
Galderma has expanded its consumer care portfolio in Switzerland, where the global dermatology company originated and is headquartered. The expansion offers consumers more options for their dermatology needs. The move includes the introduction of the dermatologist-recommended CETAPHIL® line for sensitive skin, as well as the expansion of the DAYLONG® brand for sun protection. CETAPHIL is now available in Switzerland CETAPHIL, the sensitive skincare line recommended by dermatologists worldwide, is now available in Switzerland, exclusively in pharmacies and drugstores. The entry of the CETAPHIL range into the dermo-cosmetic market means consumers now have more choice of topical skincare for sensitive skin. Swiss consumers can now purchase the core range of CETAPHIL moisturizing creams, moisturizing lotion and gentle skin cleanser. Additionally, the CETAPHIL PRO range for special skin conditions completes the CETAPHIL portfolio. The brand enters the dermo-cosmetic market as a complementar
Curve Launches New Crowdfund to Bring Customers Closer to its Growth Journey11.5.2021 09:00:00 CEST | Press release
Curve, the fast-growing financial super app, today announces it’s launching a new crowdfunding round to enable its growing customer base to invest, as it fuels its expansion into the US and further into Europe. The campaign is set to go live sometime in May. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210511005170/en/ Curve Launches New Crowdfund to Bring Customers Closer to its Growth Journey (Graphic: Business Wire) Having secured £72.5 million from a leading group of international investors as part of its successful Series C round, Curve is now extending the opportunity to its customers and wider community to take part in the next stage of its ambitious growth strategy. Since its record-breaking crowdfund in 2019, which raised £4 million within 42 minutes, Curve’s valuation has tripled. In the last year alone, Curve hired over 100 new staff, doubled its customer base to over two million, and saw the volume of transacti
Takeda Delivers Resilient FY2020 Results With Strong Margins & Robust Cashflow; Underlying Revenue Growth Expected to Accelerate in FY202111.5.2021 08:35:00 CEST | Press release
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited (TOKYO:4502) (NYSE:TAK) (“Takeda”) today announced financial results for fiscal year 2020 (period ended March 31, 2021). TAKEDA PRESIDENT AND CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER CHRISTOPHE WEBER commented: “Over the course of FY2020, Takeda remained resilient as we operated in new ways through the COVID-19 pandemic. This is a testament to the dedication of our employees, and Takeda’s unwavering commitment to serving patients, our people, and the planet to bring better health for people and a brighter future for the world. We maintained business continuity, ensured patient access to our medicines and safeguarded the health and well-being of our employees while helping to address the pandemic. “This focus enabled us to deliver on our full-year management guidance, with underlying revenue growth driven by our 14 global brands, and the acceleration of cost synergies contributed to strong margins and a robust cashflow. Furthermore, we continued to experience growth
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom