IFAC Perspective on Way Forward After Considering Objective Analysis of Monitoring Group Consultation Responses
A large number of responses were received from stakeholders from around the world.
- The 179 responses included investors, standard setters, government auditors, regulators, researchers, individuals, accounting firms and professional organizations from a wide range of geographies.
- In any consultation, the input from all respondents must be considered. It should be noted that 74 professional accountancy organizations, or 41 percent of all respondents, felt strongly enough to provide comments. Notably, the overall, main conclusions from the report remained intact even when responses from these accountancy organizations were removed from the analysis.
The Gibson Dunn analysis highlighted marked differences of opinion across geographies and stakeholder groups on key proposals, but included several overall, main conclusions:
- Respondents generally criticized the premise of the Consultation Paper, namely that there are major concerns with the current standard-setting process. Respondents also expressed concern that a Public Interest Framework to evaluate change has not yet been issued and agreed.
- Respondents generally expressed skepticism regarding the broader governance changes proposed by the Consultation Paper.
- Respondents provided significant support for some operational changes proposed in the Consultation Paper.
After carefully reviewing the report IFAC has the following observations:
Broad support and agreement for any Public Interest Framework is necessary before any of the broader governance changes proposed can be properly assessed .
- While there was virtually universal agreement that any changes must be in the public interest, there was significant criticism that the proposed Public Interest Framework has not been released for consultation.
- The Public Interest Framework, agreed by stakeholders, should include multi stakeholder composition of both the standards boards and their oversight bodies, and should provide the umbrella within which all significant proposals can be evaluated and agreed as an integrated package by key stakeholders.
Seeking consensus on proposals which could have a significant global impact depends not only on the merits of the proposals but also on the way the process is conducted; a new multi stakeholder approach is needed.
- The way forward should be under the direction of a multi stakeholder group that will engage all key stakeholders in a broad, open and collaborative dialogue.
- The need for this multi stakeholder group is reinforced not only by the multi stakeholder elements that should undoubtedly form part of the Public Interest Framework but also by the differences of opinion that currently exist across geographies and stakeholder groups.
- Without this approach global agreement and international acceptance is unlikely.
Change and transition can bring significant disruption and risk that must be mitigated.
- Any steps taken must not jeopardize the existing widespread adoption of the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB) and International Ethics Standards Board for Accountants (IESBA) standards, their acknowledged high quality, or the standard boards' current work plans.
- This concern is particularly relevant at a time when the standard-setting process must deal in a timely way with the impact of changes to complex accounting standards, as well as a rapidly changing technology and audit environment.
- Any changes proposed must be justified on a cost/benefit basis and have widespread international support, particularly as there is general agreement among respondents on the absence of significant problems with the current standard-setting processes.
- Forming a multi stakeholder group to take the process forward should assist in mitigating disruption and risk.
Steps to improve operational processes can and should be taken quickly.
- There is strong support for some operational changes.
- IFAC takes its responsibility to support the operations of the independent standard-setting boards very seriously.
- IFAC is reviewing identified operational areas with IAASB and IESBA leadership and other stakeholders to determine the actions they would agree can be taken now to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the operations of the two boards in the public interest.
IFAC intends to actively engage with all stakeholders to seek a revised approach to improve the standard-setting process, that responds constructively to the feedback received, and that is:
- Grounded in a Public Interest Framework that needs to be agreed as a first step in the process.
- Under the direction of a multi stakeholder group.
- Designed to minimize disruption and risk.
- Focused on making agreed operational improvements.
IFAC welcomes stakeholders' reactions to these observations.
Please send any comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Head of Communications
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: International Federation of Accountants via Globenewswire
Följ NASDAQ OMX
Abonnera på våra pressmeddelanden.
Senaste pressmeddelandena från NASDAQ OMX
Fujitsu Deploys Juniper Networks' AppFormix for Cloud Operations Management and Optimization22.5.2018 04:00 | Pressmeddelande
AppFormix features such as real-time intelligent monitoring and the easy visualization of data, were crucial for the increased requirements of the new region of Fujitsu's K5 cloud platform TOKYO, May 22, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Juniper Networks (NYSE:JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, today announced that Fujitsu Limited has deployed Juniper's cloud management platform AppFormix in Japan, as a key part of ensuring the operational efficiency of the new region of its widely adopted enterprise cloud platform Cloud Service K5. Open, agile and legacy-compatible, Fujitsu's K5 is the world's largest open-source based platform and has seen strong adoption globally by organizations looking to drive digital business transformation, across the public, private and hybrid cloud. However, the open-source software used previously for the management of the K5 platform did not provide Fujitsu with the automated real-time management and data visualization features it
Fentress Architects: The Future of Airports as Civic Spaces21.5.2018 22:27 | Pressmeddelande
The European Cultural Centre and Global Art Affairs Foundation invited Fentress Architects and North Carolina State University College of Design to participate in the 2018 Venice Architecture Biennale May 26-November 25, 2018, at the historic Palazzo Bembo. Denver, Colo. - May 21, 2018, May 21, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Architecture students from North Carolina State University College of Design will join Fentress at the Palazzo Bembo to present their designs for airports of the future. Fentress has been guiding students in preparation for the exhibition, which allows 11 students to embark on a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to travel to Italy for the 2018 Venice Biennale of Architecture. Their designs will be featured in the "Time Space Existence" exhibit, offering the public a glimpse at the future of airport design. The students are participating in an Airport Design course with Principal in Charge of Design Curt Fentress, FAIA, RIBA, and Alumni Distinguished Professor of Architectur
Oxford Immunotec's T-SPOT®.TB Test Included in the World Health Organization's First-Ever Essential Diagnostics List21.5.2018 22:15 | Pressmeddelande
OXFORD, United Kingdom and MARLBOROUGH, Mass., May 21, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Oxford Immunotec Global PLC (Nasdaq:OXFD), a global, high-growth diagnostics company, today announced that the Company's T-SPOT.TB test for tuberculosis (TB) infection has been included in the World Health Organization (WHO) Model List of Essential In Vitro Diagnostics (EDL) - First Edition. The EDL includes the 113 most important tests recommended by WHO for use at various levels of the health care system. These essential diagnostics satisfy the priority health care needs of the population and were selected with due regard to disease prevalence and public health relevance, evidence of efficacy and accuracy, and comparative cost-effectiveness. 58 of the tests listed are for the detection and diagnosis of a wide range of common conditions, providing an essential package that can form the basis for screening and management of patients. The remaining 55 tests are designed for the detection, diagnosis, and moni
Virgin Pulse and RedBrick Health Joining Forces to Create World's Largest Digital Employee Wellbeing and Engagement Company21.5.2018 17:00 | Pressmeddelande
Merger Will Create First and Only One-Stop-Shop for Employee Health, Wellbeing and Benefits Engagement; Combined Company Will Have More Than 3,300 Customers Across 190 Countries PROVIDENCE, R.I., May 21, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Providence-based Virgin Pulse and Minneapolis-based RedBrick Health announced today that the industry pioneers will merge, creating the world's largest, most comprehensive digital health and engagement company. This powerful combination will deliver the industry's only fully integrated digital platform, with benefits navigation and live coaching to support global clients and members across the entire health, wellbeing and benefits lifecycle - from screening and assessment to activation, behavior change and the adoption of sustainable, healthy habits. "We are thrilled to join with RedBrick to set a new vision and standard for employee health, wellbeing and engagement," said David Osborne, Virgin Pulse CEO, who will serve as CEO of the combined company. "Bringing
Hotels.com App Wins 2018 MediaPost Appy Award in Travel & Tourism Category21.5.2018 16:00 | Pressmeddelande
Developed by EPAM, app is recognized for creativity and excellence in app design NEWTOWN, Pa., May 21, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Hotels.com® and EPAM Systems, Inc. (NYSE:EPAM) announced their triumphant win at the 2018 MediaPost Appy Awards in the Travel and Tourism category this week. The Hotels.com mobile app, developed in collaboration with EPAM Systems, Inc., a leading global provider of digital platform engineering and software development services, has been crowned the best app developed for airlines, hotels, travel search engines, destinations, cruises, travel advice or car rentals. With over 70 million downloads and a 4.5+ star rating from consumers on both iOS and Android app stores, the Hotels.com app has now been recognized by the industry leading Appy Awards, which honor creativity and excellence in app design. The app provides a simple, fast and secure way for users to plan, book and manage hotel reservations, and allows travelers to book hundreds of thousands of places to
Karolinska Development's portfolio company Pharmanest appoints new CEO21.5.2018 15:01 | Pressmeddelande
STOCKHOLM, May 21, 2018. Karolinska Development's portfolio company Pharmanest AB announces the appointment of Helena Jansson as new Chief Executive Officer. Helena is an experienced life science executive, with a proven track record of successful business development and commercialization of pharmaceutical products. She replaces Gunilla Lundmark, who leaves her position after seven years. Helena Jansson has long experience in the life science industry and a broad knowledge base with a focus on business development and commercialization of pharmaceutical portfolios. She has spent a substantial part of her career at Medivir AB, in positions such as Business Unit Director, Head of Supply Chain and Director Alliance Management. In 2017, Pharmanest signed an outlicensing agreement with Gedeon Richter, a leading European pharmaceutical company within women's health. The agreement gives Gedeon Richter the marketing and sales rights to commercialize Pharmanest's first product SHACT (Short Act
I vårt pressrum kan du läsa de senaste pressmeddelandena, få tillgång till pressmaterial och hitta kontaktinformation.Besök vårt pressrum