Karolinska Development publishes Interim Report (January - September 2017) and reports a positive result for the third quarter
STOCKHOLM - October 31, 2017. Karolinska Development AB (Nasdaq Stockholm: KDEV) today publishes its Interim Report for January - September 2017. This is the first time since 2014, when Karolinska Development implemented its new strategy, that the company reports a positive quarterly result. The company will host a conference call and an online presentation on October 31, at 2 pm CET - details below. The full report is available on the Company's website.
"It is gratifying that Karolinska Development is starting to see the effects of the strategy shift implemented in 2014. We have posted a positive quarterly result and our portfolio companies are well-positioned to exploit the phase II results that are expected to become available in 2018. The past quarter has seen the value of Karolinska Development's portfolio increase by SEK 229 million, primarily due to the positive results of Umecrine Cognition's phase Ib study and the stock market listing of Xspray Pharma", says Viktor Drvota, CEO, Karolinska Development.
Third Quarter Highlights 2017
- Karolinska Development posted a positive quarterly result for the first time since the company's strategy shift in 2014.
- Karolinska Development reports an increase in the value of its holdings in Umecrine Cognition as a result of the company's positive phase Ib-data (October 2017).
- Umecrine Cognition presented positive phase Ib data for its GR3027 candidate drug, which is being developed for the treatment of hepatic encephalopathy (September 2017).
- BioArctic announced that it intends to float the company's class B shares on the NASDAQ First North Stockholm exchange (September 2017).
- Xspray Pharma AB was listed on the NASDAQ First North exchange in Stockholm. When Karolinska Development sold its Xspray holding to new owners in September 2015, an earn-out agreement ensured that it would, in conjunction with a stock market listing, be entitled to receive a holding of 3.74% of the number of shares after the flotation. Based on the share price on 30 September 2017, the value of these shares and the shares owned indirectly via KCIF Co-Investment Fund KB corresponds to SEK 16.2 million, and the value of Karolinska Development's portfolio holdings has, therefore, increased by an equivalent amount (September 2017).
- Aprea Therapeutics enrolled the first patient in a phase Ib/II study of the APR-246 candidate drug for patients with platinum-resistant, high-grade serous ovarian cancer (HGSOC) (August 2017).
- Karolinska Development appointed Fredrik Järrsten to the position of CFO. Fredrik Järrsten will take up his new position in late 2017, succeeding Christian Tange who, after four years at Karolinska Development, is leaving the company to pursue other opportunities. Tange will, however, remain with the company for a period of time after Järrsten takes over as CFO, in order to ensure an orderly handover (August 2017).
Significant events after the end of Q3 2017
Aprea Therapeutics received the last tranche of SEK 188 million in a financing round of totally SEK 437 million from 2016. Aprea also announced the enrollment of the first patient in a phase Ib/II study in esophageal cancer (October 2017).
- Umecrine Cognition announced that it had secured SEK 20 million in financing for an exploratory, phase IIa study of the company's candidate drug, GR3027, in an additional therapeutic indication area, namely idiopathic hypersomnia (October 2017).
- BioArctic was listed on the NASDAQ First North exchange. Karolinska Development's holding are valued at SEK 48 million, based on the offering price on 12 October, corresponding to a sum that is 80 times the investment (October 2017).
- Karolinska Development and KCIF Co-Investment Fund KB announced the divestment of their holdings in Xspray Pharma AB. The transaction generated SEK 13.3 million to Karolinska Development (October 2017).
- Karolinska Development posted a positive quarterly result for the first time since the company's strategy shift in 2014. The net profit totalled SEK 194.1 million (net loss of SEK 17.9 million in Q3 2016), and the earnings per share were SEK 3.0 (SEK -0.3 in Q3 2016).
- The result of change in portfolio fair value amounted to SEK 212.2 million. The increase was primarily due to the increase in the valuation of the Umecrine Cognition holding due to the positive results from the phase Ib study presented during the quarter, and to the flotation of Xspray Pharma.
- The total fair value of the portfolio was SEK 674.0 million at the end of September 2017, an increase from SEK 445.0 million at the end of June 2017.
- Net sales totalled SEK 0.5 million during the third quarter 2017 (SEK 0.4 million in Q3 2016).
- Karolinska Development invested a total of SEK 17.1 million in its portfolio companies during the third quarter. Third quarter investments in the portfolio companies by Karolinska Development and other specialised life sciences investors totalled SEK 21.4 million.
- Cash and cash equivalents decreased by SEK 23.7 million during the third quarter, totalling SEK 165.4 million on 30 September 2017.
- The Parent Company's equity at the end of September 2017 was SEK 235.1 million.
Conference Call and Webbcast
The Company will host a conference call on October 31, 2017 at 2 pm CET. Please dial in at one of the following numbers a few minutes before the start of the conference call:
From Sweden: +46 (0) 8 505 564 74
From the US: +1 855 753 22 30
From the UK: +44 (0) 20 336 453 74
The presentation will also be webcast and can be accessed from the following web address:
Host: Viktor Drvota, CEO.
For further information, please contact:
Viktor Drvota, CEO, Karolinska Development AB
Phone: +46 73 982 52 02, e-mail: email@example.com
Christian Tange, CFO, Karolinska Development AB
Phone: +46 73 712 14 30, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
TO THE EDITORS
About Karolinska Development AB
Karolinska Development AB (Nasdaq Stockholm: KDEV) is a Nordic life sciences investment company. The company focuses on identifying breakthrough medical innovations in the Nordic region that are developed by entrepreneurs and leadership teams. The Company invests in the creation and growth of companies that advance these assets into commercial products that are designed to make a difference to patients' lives while providing an attractive return on investment to shareholders.
Karolinska Development has access to world-class medical innovations at the Karolinska Institutet and other leading universities and research institutes in the Nordic region. The Company aims to build companies around scientists who are leaders in their fields, supported by experienced management teams and advisers, and co-funded by specialist international investors, to provide the greatest chance of success.
Karolinska Development has established a portfolio of ten companies targeting opportunities in innovative treatment for life-threatening or serious debilitating diseases.
The Company is led by an entrepreneurial team of investment professionals with a proven track record as company builders and with access to a strong global network.
For more information, please visit www.karolinskadevelopment.com
This information is information that Karolinska Development AB (publ) (Nasdaq Stockholm: KDEV) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of Viktor Drvota, at 08:00 am CET on 31 October 2017.
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: Karolinska Development AB (publ) via Globenewswire
Följ NASDAQ OMX
Abonnera på våra pressmeddelanden.
Senaste pressmeddelandena från NASDAQ OMX
LeoVegas applies for gambling licence in Sweden20.8.2018 12:05 | Pressmeddelande
On January 1, 2019, Sweden becomes a licensed gaming market and LeoVegas has now submitted its application to obtain a licence for casino and sports betting. This is in line with LeoVegas' expansion strategy and is one of the steps towards achieving the financial targets for the year 2020, which are to reach at least EUR 600 m in revenue and EBITDA of at least EUR 100 m. "While it has been known for some time that Sweden is introducing a local licence system, it is very exciting to formally submit an application and is something we have been looking forward to for a long time. Sweden's becoming a locally regulated market is a milestone for Sweden, the industry and LeoVegas. Now, for the first time, everyone can compete on equal terms in a regulated environment, where responsible gaming is a very important part. We believe we have great opportunities to continue gaining market shares in the Swedish market. LeoVegas is a company that operates on several regulated markets and thus has the
LeoVegas ansöker om spellicens i Sverige20.8.2018 12:05 | Pressmeddelande
Den 1:a Januari 2019 blir Sverige en licensierad spelmarknad och LeoVegas har nu lämnat in sin licensansökan för casino och sportspel. Detta ligger i linje med LeoVegas expansionsstrategi och är ett av stegen för att uppnå de finansiella målen år 2020 om minst 600 MEUR i intäkter och minst 100 MEUR i EBITDA. "Att Sverige inför ett lokalt licenssystem har varit känt en längre tid men att formellt lämna in ansökan känns oerhört bra och någonting vi sett fram emot länge. Att Sverige äntligen blir en reglerad marknad är en milstolpe för Sverige, branschen och LeoVegas. Nu kan alla för första gången konkurrera på lika villkor i en reglerad miljö, där ansvarsfullt spelande är en väldigt viktig del. Vi anser oss ha stora möjligheter att fortsätta ta marknadsandelar på den svenska marknaden. LeoVegas är ett bolag som opererar på flera reglerade marknader och har därmed de rätta verktygen och kunskapen för att skapa en hållbar och stark tillväxt.", säger Gustaf Hagman, Group CEO. Reglerade mark
Stillfront Group AB: Stillfront Group rekryterar IR- och kommunikationschef20.8.2018 08:30 | Pressmeddelande
PRESSMEDDELANDE 2018-08-20 Stillfront Group rekryterar IR- och kommunikationschef Sofia Wretman har utsetts till IR- och kommunikationschef för Stillfront Group och kommer att ingå i koncernledningen. Befattningen är ny och omfattar intern och extern kommunikation samt investor relations. Sofia Wretman har mer än 15 års erfarenhet av att arbeta strategiskt med kommunikations- och IR-frågor inom olika branscher. Tidigare positioner inkluderar bland annat IR- och kommunikationschef på Alimak Group, seniorkonsult på Hallvarsson & Halvarsson och kommunikationsansvarig på SAS Institute. "Vi är glada att välkomna Sofia till Stillfronts ledning. Sofia blir ansvarig för koncernens kommunikation, internt och externt samt investor relations. Rekryteringen av Sofia och tillsättningen av denna tjänst, som är ny, är ett led i bolagets planerade listbyte till Nasdaq Stockholms huvudlista. Denna satsning är också viktig då gruppen sedan noteringen på First North 2015 har vuxit med flera stora förvärv
Stillfront Group AB: Stillfront Group announces Head of IR & Communications20.8.2018 08:30 | Pressmeddelande
PRESS RELEASE 2018-08-20 Stillfront Group announces Head of IR & Communications Sofia Wretman has been appointed as Head of IR & Communications and will be part of the Group's management team. The position is new and covers both internal and external communications as well as investor relations. Sofia Wretman has more than fifteen years of experience of strategic communication and investor relations from a range of industries. Former positions include Head of IR & Communications at Alimak Group, Senior Consultant at Hallvarsson & Halvarsson and Communications manager at SAS Institute. "We are pleased to welcome Sofia as member of the management team. Sofia will be responsible for internal and external communications as well as investor relations. The recruitment of Sofia and the appointment of this new role is part of the Group's planned move to the main market of Nasdaq Stockholm. The recruitment is also important as the Group since its listing at First North in 2015, has grown rapidl
BIMobject AB: Kallelse till extra bolagsstämma den 5 september 2018. Patrick Söderlund och Hjalmar Winbladh föreslås som nya styrelseledamöter i BIMobject AB. Split 2:1 föreslås.15.8.2018 15:30 | Pressmeddelande
Aktieägare representerande cirka 49 procent av rösterna i BIMobject AB har meddelat att de föreslår att Hjalmar Winbladh och Patrick Söderlund väljs till nya styrelseledamöter vid en extra bolagsstämma onsdagen den 5 september 2018. Ben O'Donnell lämnar sitt uppdrag som styrelseledamot i samband med den extra bolagsstämman. Styrelsen kommer därefter att bestå av Stefan Larsson (VD), Anders Wilhjelm (ordförande), Johannes Reischböck, Philippe Butty, Hjalmar Winbladh och Patrick Söderlund. Vidare föreslås ändrad ersättning till styrelsen. Nytt arvode utgår med 800 000 kronor, fördelat mellan styrelseordförande och Söderlund om 400 000 kronor vardera. Styrelsen föreslår även att stämman beslutar om aktieuppdelning av befintliga utestående aktier i förhållande 2:1. Patrick Söderlund, född 1973 och svensk medborgare, är Chief Design Officer samt Executive Vice President på Electronic Arts. I denna roll leder han utvecklingen av bolagets tekniska innovationer och bolagets marknadsföringsteam
BIMobject AB: Notice to attend Extraordinary General Meeting on September 5, 2018. Patrick Söderlund and Hjalmar Winbladh proposed as new Board Members in BIMobject AB. A split 2:1 is proposed.15.8.2018 15:30 | Pressmeddelande
Shareholders representing approximately 49 percent of the votes in BIMobject AB have announced that they propose that Hjalmar Winbladh and Patrick Söderlund are appointed new Board Members at an Extraordinary General Meeting to be held on Wednesday September 5, 2018. Ben O'Donnell resigns as Board Member in connection with the Extraordinary General Meeting. The Board will thereafter be composed of Stefan Larsson (CEO), Anders Wilhjelm (Chairman), Johannes Reischböck, Philippe Butty, Hjalmar Winbladh and Patrick Söderlund. Furthermore, a change in remuneration to the Board is proposed. The new Board fee totals SEK 800,000 and is to be divided between the Chairman and Söderlund with SEK 400,000 each. The board also proposes that the General Meeting resolves to split the company's shares 2:1. Patrick Söderlund, born in 1973 and a Swedish citizen, is Chief Design Officer and Executive Vice President at Electronic Arts. In his present role he manages the development of technology innovation
I vårt pressrum kan du läsa de senaste pressmeddelandena, få tillgång till pressmaterial och hitta kontaktinformation.Besök vårt pressrum