Karolinska Development publishes Interim Report (January - September 2017) and reports a positive result for the third quarter
STOCKHOLM - October 31, 2017. Karolinska Development AB (Nasdaq Stockholm: KDEV) today publishes its Interim Report for January - September 2017. This is the first time since 2014, when Karolinska Development implemented its new strategy, that the company reports a positive quarterly result. The company will host a conference call and an online presentation on October 31, at 2 pm CET - details below. The full report is available on the Company's website.
"It is gratifying that Karolinska Development is starting to see the effects of the strategy shift implemented in 2014. We have posted a positive quarterly result and our portfolio companies are well-positioned to exploit the phase II results that are expected to become available in 2018. The past quarter has seen the value of Karolinska Development's portfolio increase by SEK 229 million, primarily due to the positive results of Umecrine Cognition's phase Ib study and the stock market listing of Xspray Pharma", says Viktor Drvota, CEO, Karolinska Development.
Third Quarter Highlights 2017
- Karolinska Development posted a positive quarterly result for the first time since the company's strategy shift in 2014.
- Karolinska Development reports an increase in the value of its holdings in Umecrine Cognition as a result of the company's positive phase Ib-data (October 2017).
- Umecrine Cognition presented positive phase Ib data for its GR3027 candidate drug, which is being developed for the treatment of hepatic encephalopathy (September 2017).
- BioArctic announced that it intends to float the company's class B shares on the NASDAQ First North Stockholm exchange (September 2017).
- Xspray Pharma AB was listed on the NASDAQ First North exchange in Stockholm. When Karolinska Development sold its Xspray holding to new owners in September 2015, an earn-out agreement ensured that it would, in conjunction with a stock market listing, be entitled to receive a holding of 3.74% of the number of shares after the flotation. Based on the share price on 30 September 2017, the value of these shares and the shares owned indirectly via KCIF Co-Investment Fund KB corresponds to SEK 16.2 million, and the value of Karolinska Development's portfolio holdings has, therefore, increased by an equivalent amount (September 2017).
- Aprea Therapeutics enrolled the first patient in a phase Ib/II study of the APR-246 candidate drug for patients with platinum-resistant, high-grade serous ovarian cancer (HGSOC) (August 2017).
- Karolinska Development appointed Fredrik Järrsten to the position of CFO. Fredrik Järrsten will take up his new position in late 2017, succeeding Christian Tange who, after four years at Karolinska Development, is leaving the company to pursue other opportunities. Tange will, however, remain with the company for a period of time after Järrsten takes over as CFO, in order to ensure an orderly handover (August 2017).
Significant events after the end of Q3 2017
Aprea Therapeutics received the last tranche of SEK 188 million in a financing round of totally SEK 437 million from 2016. Aprea also announced the enrollment of the first patient in a phase Ib/II study in esophageal cancer (October 2017).
- Umecrine Cognition announced that it had secured SEK 20 million in financing for an exploratory, phase IIa study of the company's candidate drug, GR3027, in an additional therapeutic indication area, namely idiopathic hypersomnia (October 2017).
- BioArctic was listed on the NASDAQ First North exchange. Karolinska Development's holding are valued at SEK 48 million, based on the offering price on 12 October, corresponding to a sum that is 80 times the investment (October 2017).
- Karolinska Development and KCIF Co-Investment Fund KB announced the divestment of their holdings in Xspray Pharma AB. The transaction generated SEK 13.3 million to Karolinska Development (October 2017).
- Karolinska Development posted a positive quarterly result for the first time since the company's strategy shift in 2014. The net profit totalled SEK 194.1 million (net loss of SEK 17.9 million in Q3 2016), and the earnings per share were SEK 3.0 (SEK -0.3 in Q3 2016).
- The result of change in portfolio fair value amounted to SEK 212.2 million. The increase was primarily due to the increase in the valuation of the Umecrine Cognition holding due to the positive results from the phase Ib study presented during the quarter, and to the flotation of Xspray Pharma.
- The total fair value of the portfolio was SEK 674.0 million at the end of September 2017, an increase from SEK 445.0 million at the end of June 2017.
- Net sales totalled SEK 0.5 million during the third quarter 2017 (SEK 0.4 million in Q3 2016).
- Karolinska Development invested a total of SEK 17.1 million in its portfolio companies during the third quarter. Third quarter investments in the portfolio companies by Karolinska Development and other specialised life sciences investors totalled SEK 21.4 million.
- Cash and cash equivalents decreased by SEK 23.7 million during the third quarter, totalling SEK 165.4 million on 30 September 2017.
- The Parent Company's equity at the end of September 2017 was SEK 235.1 million.
Conference Call and Webbcast
The Company will host a conference call on October 31, 2017 at 2 pm CET. Please dial in at one of the following numbers a few minutes before the start of the conference call:
From Sweden: +46 (0) 8 505 564 74
From the US: +1 855 753 22 30
From the UK: +44 (0) 20 336 453 74
The presentation will also be webcast and can be accessed from the following web address:
Host: Viktor Drvota, CEO.
For further information, please contact:
Viktor Drvota, CEO, Karolinska Development AB
Phone: +46 73 982 52 02, e-mail: email@example.com
Christian Tange, CFO, Karolinska Development AB
Phone: +46 73 712 14 30, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
TO THE EDITORS
About Karolinska Development AB
Karolinska Development AB (Nasdaq Stockholm: KDEV) is a Nordic life sciences investment company. The company focuses on identifying breakthrough medical innovations in the Nordic region that are developed by entrepreneurs and leadership teams. The Company invests in the creation and growth of companies that advance these assets into commercial products that are designed to make a difference to patients' lives while providing an attractive return on investment to shareholders.
Karolinska Development has access to world-class medical innovations at the Karolinska Institutet and other leading universities and research institutes in the Nordic region. The Company aims to build companies around scientists who are leaders in their fields, supported by experienced management teams and advisers, and co-funded by specialist international investors, to provide the greatest chance of success.
Karolinska Development has established a portfolio of ten companies targeting opportunities in innovative treatment for life-threatening or serious debilitating diseases.
The Company is led by an entrepreneurial team of investment professionals with a proven track record as company builders and with access to a strong global network.
For more information, please visit www.karolinskadevelopment.com
This information is information that Karolinska Development AB (publ) (Nasdaq Stockholm: KDEV) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of Viktor Drvota, at 08:00 am CET on 31 October 2017.
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: Karolinska Development AB (publ) via Globenewswire
Följ NASDAQ OMX
Abonnera på våra pressmeddelanden.
Senaste pressmeddelandena från NASDAQ OMX
P&WC's FAST(TM) Solution to Bring Data-Driven Predictability to Operators of the PT6A-67P-powered Pilatus PC-12 NG Aircraft28.5.2018 08:00 | Pressmeddelande
Launching on PlaneSense's fleet of PC-12 aircraft, the FAST(TM) solution will help drive reduced costs and increased availability for the leading fractional operator GENEVA, Switzerland, May 28, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Pratt & Whitney Canada (P&WC) has achieved Supplemental Type Certification (STC) for its FAST(TM) prognostics solution on the single-engine Pilatus PC-12 47E NG aircraft powered by the PT6A-67P. The FAST solution captures and analyzes full-flight engine and aircraft data, enabling high visibility on a multitude of key operating parameters within 15 minutes of the pilot shutting down the engine, which can be used to optimize maintenance planning and operations and further increase aircraft availability. P&WC is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corporation (NYSE:UTX). PlaneSense, a leading fractional aircraft ownership program, will launch the FAST solution on its fleet of PC-12 NG aircraft. "We at PlaneSense have always been focused on safety, reliability, and maintai
Medibio Corporate Health Extends Global Footprint Signing Contract with Jacobs Engineering25.5.2018 16:38 | Pressmeddelande
Jacobs, one of the world's largest engineering and environmental consultancy groups, has more than 70,000 employees globally SYDNEY, Australia and MINNEAPOLIS, May 25, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Medibio Limited (MEB or the Company) (ASX:MEB) (OTCQB:MDBIF), a mental health technology company, today announced a significant contract for Medibio's Corporate Health product with Dallas, TX-based Jacobs Engineering across their Asia Pacific, Middle East, and European divisions. Through the Mental Health Check-In, companies can offer employees an end-to-end mental health program, direct to their devices, to see how the mind and body are tracking. It's a personalized, private, and objective way to see the unseeable: mental health issues in the workplace. Employees are provided the opportunity to confidentially check-in on their mental health and receive personalized confidential results from both an objective biometric screening in conjunction with a 12-minute subjective survey. Employers receive
LeoVegas warms up ahead of FIFA World Cup with launch of sportsbook 2.0 and new design25.5.2018 14:20 | Pressmeddelande
LeoVegas is conducting constant development to further improve the gaming experience with the launch of sportsbook 2.0 and a new design for Leovegas.com. It strengthens LeoVegas mobile position and increases the competitiveness within sports betting. "Our new design has been created to give our customers a better overview of all games in all product verticals," comments Gustaf Hagman, CEO of LeoVegas. "The design features a simplified and more intuitive experience, which is especially important in sport, where relevance and simplicity are key factors. On top of this we are launching a number of updates and expanding ownership of the sportsbook. Together this builds further on creating a world class gaming experience and is in line with our passion "Leading the way into the mobile future". This will give us the right conditions ahead of the World Cup, but it also represents a long-term springboard towards building the world's best mobile sportsbook". Improved sports betting experience L
LeoVegas värmer upp inför fotbolls VM och lanserar sportbok 2.0 med ny design25.5.2018 14:19 | Pressmeddelande
Det sker en ständig utveckling av LeoVegas och för att förbättra spelupplevelsen ytterligare lanseras nu sportbok 2.0 samt en ny design av LeoVegas.com. Det stärker LeoVegas mobila position och ökar konkurrenskraften inom sportsbetting. "Vår nya design är skapad för att ge våra kunder en bättre överblick för alla spel inom samtliga produktvertikaler. Designen ger en förenklad och mer intuitiv upplevelse vilket är särskilt viktigt inom sport där relevans och enkelhet är nyckelfaktorer. Utöver det lanserar vi ett flertal uppdateringar samt ökar ägarskapet av sportboken. Tillsammans bygger det vidare på att skapa en spelupplevelse i världsklass och går i linje med vår passion "Leading the way to the mobile future". Detta ger oss rätt förutsättningar inför VM men de är också ett långsiktigt avstamp till att bygga världens bästa mobila sportbok. säger Gustaf Hagman, CEO LeoVegas. Förbättrad sportupplevelse LeoVegas har nu ägarskap över flera sidor som leverantören Kambi tidigare hade kontro
VIRGIN PULSE ANNOUNCES INDUSTRY-LEADING GDPR COMPLIANCE25.5.2018 14:00 | Pressmeddelande
Virgin Pulse Extends the GDPR's Strong Data Privacy Rights to All Clients and Members Across the Globe PROVIDENCE, R.I., May 25, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Virgin Pulse, the leading global provider of digital employee health, wellbeing and engagement solutions, today announced that it has achieved compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for the Virgin Pulse platform. The company has also appointed Associate Counsel Beatrice Botti as Data Protection Officer (DPO) to oversee the Virgin Pulse privacy program. With this achievement, Virgin Pulse leads the market as the first company in the wellbeing and engagement industry to fully meet the comprehensive standards of the new GDPR data privacy law. The company has completed a thorough review of its internal data collection, storage and handling processes and implemented enhancements to achieve GDPR compliance and give all Virgin Pulse customers and members greater control over their personal data. The GDPR is the firs
Resverlogix Provides Unrestricted Educational Grant for Epigenetic Symposium at International Renal Congress25.5.2018 07:45 | Pressmeddelande
CALGARY, Alberta, May 24, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Resverlogix Corp. ("Resverlogix" or the "Company") (TSX:RVX) today announced that on Friday, May 25, 2018, at the European Renal Association - European Dialysis and Transplant Association (ERA-EDTA) Congress in Copenhagen, Denmark, the Company is supporting a symposium titled: "Epigenetics in CKD & CVD: A potential breakthrough therapy?" The symposium highlights the role of epigenetics and BET-inhibition in chronic kidney disease and cardiovascular disease, especially in patients with diabetes mellitus, and the significant unmet need that still exists in this patient population. The symposium is co-chaired by Vincent M. Brandenburg, MD - Nephrologist, Aachen, Germany and Kamyar Kalantar-Zadeh, MD - UC Irvine School of Medicine, Irvine, CA, USA, both leading scientists also serving as advisors to Resverlogix's Renal program. The speakers and agenda are as follows: Introduction Vincent M. Brandenburg, MD - University Hospital of the RWTH
I vårt pressrum kan du läsa de senaste pressmeddelandena, få tillgång till pressmaterial och hitta kontaktinformation.Besök vårt pressrum