Mary Kay Europe Ends 2020 With a Record-Breaking Number of Prestigious Awards in Sphere of Business Excellence, Entrepreneurship, Women’s Empowerment, Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility
Mary Kay Europe Region published 2020 year-end results about a record-breaking year in the number of awards its markets had garnered for their work in various spheres. The Mary Kay Europe region has taken home more than 80 prestigious awards, which range from business, corporate citizenship, leadership and sustainability categories from various reputable organizations and publications plus many impressive product awards throughout Mary Kay’s skin care, color and fragrance categories. The awards highlight Mary Kay’s unwavering business values and its dedication to the principles defined by the brand’s iconic founder, Mary Kay Ash.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210325005033/en/
Alla Sokolova General Manager, Mary Kay Russia (Photo: Mary Kay Inc.)
Recently, Alla Sokolova, General Manager of Mary Kay Russia, was honored with the Business Women Award in the Corporate Leaders Category by Ernst & Young’s Business Women Program. Ernst & Young, a global leader in audit, tax, strategy, transactions, and consulting aims to promote women's entrepreneurship and supports advancement of women in business. The selection criteria for the winners were both the personal qualities of the participants and the performance indicators of their companies.
“It is amazing, yet not surprising, how the Mary Kay Europe independent sales force met the challenges of 2020 head on by tirelessly working to continue to serve their customers with the help and support of all of our Europe markets and corporate teams,” said Tara Eustace, President of Mary Kay, Europe Region. “And the record-breaking number of awards achieved in our region is a testament to our decades-long commitment to help women from all walks of life to realize their full potential through training, empowerment, and making women feel and look beautiful. There’s no bigger joy in life than knowing how our collective work makes a difference in the lives of millions of women across our very diverse markets in the Europe region.”
“Mary Kay was a pioneer and a strong advocate for women’s empowerment, long before it became a popular catch phrase. When women band together, they reveal their natural skills and qualities, such as support for each other and mutual encouragement. And healthy competition, even among ourselves, pushes us forward, inspiring new ideas and successes,” said Alla Sokolova, General Manager of Mary Kay Russia.
Below is a snapshot of the 2020 accolades:
Excellence in Women’s Leadership, Entrepreneurship and Empowerment
- General Manager of Mary Kay Russia Alla Sokolova was recognized in the “Top 250 of the Best Top Managers in Russia” for 2020 by the Association Managers of Russia and “Kommersant” Publishing House. Alla was also named in the 5th place in the Trade category.
- Mary Kay Spain's General Manager, Gema Aznar, for the fifth year in a row was chosen as one of the “500 Most Influential Women in Spain” in YoDona magazine's annual list. YoDona magazine assembles the most powerful women in Spain in its special edition called “Female Power.”
- General Manager of Mary Kay Moldova Marina Moraru was named “Person of the Year” in Management by VIP Magazine. VIP Magazine is a top publication in Moldova, covering Business, Lifestyle, Culture, Beauty, and Fashion.
- General Manager of Mary Kay Ukraine, Viktoriia Zoria-Iatsenko earned the “Top 25 Successful Ukrainian Business Women” award in the Beauty category from the business magazine Vlast Deneg (Power of Money).
- Mary Kay Ukraine also received an honorary certificate from Vlast Deneg(Power of Money) business magazine and was listed as in the “TOP-50 Best Companies of Ukraine.”
- In a survey which was voted on by consumers, experts and influencers, Mary Kay Ukraine was awarded first place in the "Favor of Success" in Distributive Cosmetics Brand category.
- General Manager of Mary Kay Poland and Lithuania Ewa Kudlińska-Pyrz received a “Pearls of Polish Business” award from the Financial Magazine on the “25 Most Influential Polish Businesswomen” list for her contributions to the Polish business and economy.
- Mary Kay Russia received a “Woman Who Matters” award in the Social Engagement category for their Women's Entrepreneurship and Business Opportunity Project titled “Women's Business.”
Excellence in Business and Employment
- Mary Kay Czech Republic, Poland and Spain, independently of each other, received “Best Employer” designation by the Kincentric Best Employers Program.
- Mary Kay Slovakia received the “Superbrands Slovakia 2020” award. The brand was awarded by Slovak consumers and a Brand Council committee highlighting it among the most successful Business To Consumer (B2C) brands in the Slovak Republic.
- Mary Kay Moldova received the “TOP Brand 2020” designation in the Beauty category in VIP Magazine’s “Top 100 Brands 2020” annual edition. VIP Magazine awards businesses based on their market innovations and high consumer awareness of its brand and products.
Excellence in Corporate Sustainability and Social Responsibility
- Mary Kay Germany received the “FOCUS Sustainability Award” in Facial Skin Care and Cosmetics chosen by consumers and published in the German news magazine FOCUS.
- Mary Kay Ukraine was named in the corporate rating by Vlast Deneg(Power of Money) magazine among the top 25 Ukrainian companies with the best CSR programs for its Pink Changing Lives™ initiative, including its mission to develop women’s entrepreneurship, and for providing Ukrainian women with quality service and products. The list of companies was compiled based on company information, media reports and opinions of industry experts.
- Mary Kay Russia received the “Champions of Good Deeds” award for the pandemic initiative #IHelpwithMaryKay.
Excellence in Direct Selling
- Mary Kay Belarus received the “Direct Sales Cosmetic Company Number One Award” from the “Number One” annual national awards, whose task is to promote healthy competition and to determine the best players in the Belarusian market.
Excellence in Digital Education and Printed Tools
- Mary Kay Russia’s The Look catalog, which is a quarterly publication of Mary Kay products for consumers, took home the “2020 Best Corporate Media” in the “Client Media: Catalogue” category. The event was organized by the Association of Corporate Media and Media Business Publishing House.
- Mary Kay Russia’s Applause magazine, which is a Mary Kay educational and motivational monthly publication, won the "2020 Best Corporate Media Award” award in the "Client Media: Magazine” category.
- Mary Kay Russia’s Vera Sechnaya, Supervisor of Communications Projects and Editor of the monthly Applause magazine, took home the "2020 Best Corporate Media” award in the “Best Editor: Corporate Media” category.
- Mary Kay Russia was awarded the prestigious “Best Russian Social Projects 2020” award for their Link & Learn educational program. The Link & Learn program is an integrated training platform that teaches users the universal skills for running a business. The Best Russian Social Projects is an annual award aimed at supporting public policy initiatives and contributing to civic engagement and sustainable development in Russia.
- Mary Kay Russia’s official social media accounts won the honorable 3rd place in the nomination of "Best Corporate Account in Social Networks" at the National Corporate Media Contest “Silver Threads – 2020.” The Silver Threads Contest is Russia's first national competition for corporate media resources, whose main objectives are to increase the value of corporate resources in the Russian information field, and to create a professional space where all participants from mass media and business communications can interact.
- Mary Kay Russia’s "Royal Blue - Sales Director Style 2020" video also became the winner in the nomination of “Best Corporate Video/Film: Image of the Company” at the National Corporate Media Contest “Silver Threads – 2020.”
With more than 1,500 patents and a team of scientists dedicated to producing innovative products backed by proven results, Mary Kay® products in Europe garnered 60 awards in 2020. Among the numerous products distinguished by the beauty industry and consumers, these were some of the most awarded:
- TimeWise Miracle Set 3D®
- TimeWise® 3D Foundations
- Mary Kay Naturally® Nourishing Oil
- Mary Kay Naturally® Moisturizing Stick
- Skinvigorate Sonic™ Skin Care System
- TimeWise Repair® Lifting Bio-Cellulose Mask
- Mary Kay® Hydrogel Eye Patches
- Mary Kay Illuminea™ Extrait de Parfum
Global Recognition in 2020
- Mary Kay Inc. was listed as one of America’s Best Employers For Diversity by Forbes Magazine.
- Mary Kay Inc. was named as one of the Top Purpose-Driven Brands on the Purpose Power Index by Reputation Institute and StrawberryFrog.
- Mary Kay Inc. was awarded Community Leader of the Year by EarthX.
- Mary Kay Inc. was ranked #5 as a Most Loved Brands Online by Top Social Brand Awards in 2020.
- Mary Kay Inc. was nominated for the Responsible Business Awards 2020 by Reuters Events.
About Mary Kay
One of the original glass ceiling breakers, Mary Kay Ash founded her beauty company 57 years ago with three goals: develop rewarding opportunities for women, offer irresistible products, and make the world a better place. That dream has blossomed into a multibillion-dollar company with millions of independent sales force members in nearly 40 countries. Mary Kay is dedicated to investing in the science behind beauty and manufacturing cutting-edge skin care, color cosmetics, nutritional supplements, and fragrances. Mary Kay is committed to empowering women and their families by partnering with organizations from around the world, focusing on supporting cancer research, protecting survivors from domestic abuse, beautifying our communities, and encouraging children to follow their dreams. Mary Kay Ash’s original vision continues to shine—one lipstick at a time.
Mary Kay Inc. Corporate Communications
972.687.5332 or email@example.com
About Business Wire
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
A Digital Transformation: Mary Kay Inc. Launches Immersive Virtual Experience Platform Suite 13 TM15.4.2021 15:03:00 CEST | Press release
Global beauty brand Mary Kay Inc. and its Mary Kay Global Design Studio present Suite 13TM, an innovative virtual beauty experience that leverages the use of virtual reality to digitize Mary Kay's first virtual pop-up showroom. Designed with the latest virtual reality technology, the new Suite 13TM offers Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultants and their customers a 360-degree, 3D beauty experience where users can virtually browse the beauty brand’s portfolio of skin care as well as explore the company and its founder Mary Kay Ash’s history. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210415005306/en/ The new Suite 13™ offers Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultants and their customers a 360-degree, 3D beauty experience. (Photo: Mary Kay Inc.) The new Suite 13TM invites users to tour through virtual “rooms”. Upon entering the “Lobby”, users can learn about the Company’s global legacy. The other virtual rooms include the “P
Conviva Works With ServiceNow to Provide Next Generation Customer Service for Streaming Customers15.4.2021 15:00:00 CEST | Press release
Conviva, the intelligence cloud for streaming media, today announced that its streaming insights data will be integrated with ServiceNow telecom and media industry solutions. This new integration will enable streaming providers to offer more reliable streaming services and personalized customer care experiences to drive user acquisition, reduce operational costs and increase customer lifetime value. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210415005156/en/ Conviva and ServiceNow Provide Next Generation Customer Service For Streaming Customers (Graphic: Business Wire) Conviva’s integration with ServiceNow extends ServiceNow’s offerings within the telecom and media industry and will help streaming customers to automate proactive case creation and ticket generation to identify and diagnose incidents across the entire video delivery supply chain. Adding this additional layer of automation to root cause analysis delivers im
Thales IoT SAFE to Secure Cloud Connectivity for New Internet of Things Services in Canada15.4.2021 15:00:00 CEST | Press release
Thales technology is at the heart of a new Canadian IoT project that is enabling instant, secure and scalable cloud connectivity for SIM/eSIM-enabled IoT. Working alongside TELUS, a leading Canadian wireless network operator, and the Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA), the project’s certification partner, Thales is supplying SIMs and the IoT server, both compliant with the GSMA IoT SAFE specifications. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210415005017/en/ (Photo: Thales) The Thales IoT SAFE service offers an interoperable framework enabling swift deployment of IoT applications. Delivered in a plug & play SaaS mode, it benefits minimal integration effort. It creates a scalable and automatic environment for cloud data security of SIM-equipped devices with a remote management feature. TELUS continues its IoT expansion with devices across Canada, offering enterprises an innovative system that eliminates th
First Patient Enrolled in PROTECT IV Randomized Controlled Trial of Impella15.4.2021 14:03:00 CEST | Press release
Abiomed (NASDAQ:ABMD) announced today that the first patient has been enrolled in PROTECT IV, a large, prospective, multi-center randomized controlled trial (RCT) that is designed to provide the level of clinical evidence needed to achieve a Class I guideline recommendation for Impella in high-risk percutaneous coronary intervention (HRPCI). The first patient was enrolled at Ascension St. John Hospital in Detroit by Dr. Ted Schreiber, chief of cardiology at Ascension St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital and Dr. Amir Kaki, interventional cardiologist and director of mechanical circulatory support at Ascension St. John Hospital. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210415005234/en/ Impella Clinical Pathway to Class I Guideline (Graphic: Business Wire) The two-arm trial will compare the benefits of HRPCI with Impella versus HRPCI without Impella support. The primary endpoint of the study is the composite of all-cause deat
Blackstone Hires Paul Morrissey to Lead European Investing for Blackstone Growth (BXG)15.4.2021 13:30:00 CEST | Press release
Blackstone (NYSE: BX) today announced that it has hired Paul Morrissey, a seasoned investment professional with extensive private equity and venture capital experience, as a Managing Director to lead investing across Europe for Blackstone Growth (BXG). This newly created role will see Mr. Morrissey manage the European deployment for BXG, which recently completed the final close of its oversubscribed, inaugural $4.5 billion growth equity fund – the largest first-time growth equity private vehicle ever raised. BXG has already made significant investments in fast-growing European companies, including Epidemic Sound, which delivers restriction-free music to internet content creators across the globe, and oat milk pioneer, Oatly. Jon Korngold, Global Head of Blackstone Growth, said: “I’m delighted that Paul has joined us to lead BXG in Europe. Paul is a world-class growth equity investor and his appointment underlines Blackstone’s already-strong commitment to partnering with fast-growing Eu
Bank of America Reports First-Quarter 2021 Financial Results15.4.2021 12:04:00 CEST | Press release
Bank of America reported its first-quarter 2021 financial results today. The news release, supplemental filing and investor presentation can be accessed in the following ways: This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210415005486/en/ Bank of America newsroom at https://newsroom.bankofamerica.comQ1-21 Bank of America Financial Results Press ReleaseQ1-21 Bank of America Investor Relations PresentationQ1-21 Bank of America Supplemental Information Bank of America Investor Relations website at https://investor.bankofamerica.com Business Wire’s news webpage at http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/news Investor Conference Call information: Chief Executive Officer Brian Moynihan and Chief Financial Officer Paul Donofrio will discuss the financial results in a conference call at 9 a.m. ET today. For a listen-only connection to the conference call, dial 1.877.200.4456 (U.S.) or 1.785.424.1732 (international), and the co
REPLY: The Creative Challenge 2021, Organized by Reply, Kicks off in Search of the Creative Talents of Tomorrow15.4.2021 12:02:00 CEST | Press release
Reply announces the opening of registrations for the https://cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=smartlink&url=https%3A%2F%2Fchallenges.reply.com%2Ftamtamy%2Fchallenges%2Fcategory%2Fcreative&esheet=52411638&newsitemid=20210415005479&lan=en-US&anchor=Creative+Challenge+2021&index=1&md5=a7a453e02454ad9f83092e3da17a94e4 Creative Challenge2021, the team-based competition and part of the Reply Challenges program, that brings together students and young creatives from all over the world. The challenge consists of the development of a creative concept, conceived by some of Europe’s most qualified art directors and marketing and communication professionals. In last year's edition, over 6,200 participants between 18 and 29 years old from more than 70 countries answered the call and, split into over 1,000 teams, submitted more than 500 projects. The challenge, which is going to take place online from Friday 21st to Sunday 23rd May, is enriched by the participation of world-renowned partners such as AC
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom