Mary Kay Europe Ends 2020 With a Record-Breaking Number of Prestigious Awards in Sphere of Business Excellence, Entrepreneurship, Women’s Empowerment, Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility
Mary Kay Europe Region published 2020 year-end results about a record-breaking year in the number of awards its markets had garnered for their work in various spheres. The Mary Kay Europe region has taken home more than 80 prestigious awards, which range from business, corporate citizenship, leadership and sustainability categories from various reputable organizations and publications plus many impressive product awards throughout Mary Kay’s skin care, color and fragrance categories. The awards highlight Mary Kay’s unwavering business values and its dedication to the principles defined by the brand’s iconic founder, Mary Kay Ash.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210325005033/en/
Alla Sokolova General Manager, Mary Kay Russia (Photo: Mary Kay Inc.)
Recently, Alla Sokolova, General Manager of Mary Kay Russia, was honored with the Business Women Award in the Corporate Leaders Category by Ernst & Young’s Business Women Program. Ernst & Young, a global leader in audit, tax, strategy, transactions, and consulting aims to promote women's entrepreneurship and supports advancement of women in business. The selection criteria for the winners were both the personal qualities of the participants and the performance indicators of their companies.
“It is amazing, yet not surprising, how the Mary Kay Europe independent sales force met the challenges of 2020 head on by tirelessly working to continue to serve their customers with the help and support of all of our Europe markets and corporate teams,” said Tara Eustace, President of Mary Kay, Europe Region. “And the record-breaking number of awards achieved in our region is a testament to our decades-long commitment to help women from all walks of life to realize their full potential through training, empowerment, and making women feel and look beautiful. There’s no bigger joy in life than knowing how our collective work makes a difference in the lives of millions of women across our very diverse markets in the Europe region.”
“Mary Kay was a pioneer and a strong advocate for women’s empowerment, long before it became a popular catch phrase. When women band together, they reveal their natural skills and qualities, such as support for each other and mutual encouragement. And healthy competition, even among ourselves, pushes us forward, inspiring new ideas and successes,” said Alla Sokolova, General Manager of Mary Kay Russia.
Below is a snapshot of the 2020 accolades:
Excellence in Women’s Leadership, Entrepreneurship and Empowerment
- General Manager of Mary Kay Russia Alla Sokolova was recognized in the “Top 250 of the Best Top Managers in Russia” for 2020 by the Association Managers of Russia and “Kommersant” Publishing House. Alla was also named in the 5th place in the Trade category.
- Mary Kay Spain's General Manager, Gema Aznar, for the fifth year in a row was chosen as one of the “500 Most Influential Women in Spain” in YoDona magazine's annual list. YoDona magazine assembles the most powerful women in Spain in its special edition called “Female Power.”
- General Manager of Mary Kay Moldova Marina Moraru was named “Person of the Year” in Management by VIP Magazine. VIP Magazine is a top publication in Moldova, covering Business, Lifestyle, Culture, Beauty, and Fashion.
- General Manager of Mary Kay Ukraine, Viktoriia Zoria-Iatsenko earned the “Top 25 Successful Ukrainian Business Women” award in the Beauty category from the business magazine Vlast Deneg (Power of Money).
- Mary Kay Ukraine also received an honorary certificate from Vlast Deneg(Power of Money) business magazine and was listed as in the “TOP-50 Best Companies of Ukraine.”
- In a survey which was voted on by consumers, experts and influencers, Mary Kay Ukraine was awarded first place in the "Favor of Success" in Distributive Cosmetics Brand category.
- General Manager of Mary Kay Poland and Lithuania Ewa Kudlińska-Pyrz received a “Pearls of Polish Business” award from the Financial Magazine on the “25 Most Influential Polish Businesswomen” list for her contributions to the Polish business and economy.
- Mary Kay Russia received a “Woman Who Matters” award in the Social Engagement category for their Women's Entrepreneurship and Business Opportunity Project titled “Women's Business.”
Excellence in Business and Employment
- Mary Kay Czech Republic, Poland and Spain, independently of each other, received “Best Employer” designation by the Kincentric Best Employers Program.
- Mary Kay Slovakia received the “Superbrands Slovakia 2020” award. The brand was awarded by Slovak consumers and a Brand Council committee highlighting it among the most successful Business To Consumer (B2C) brands in the Slovak Republic.
- Mary Kay Moldova received the “TOP Brand 2020” designation in the Beauty category in VIP Magazine’s “Top 100 Brands 2020” annual edition. VIP Magazine awards businesses based on their market innovations and high consumer awareness of its brand and products.
Excellence in Corporate Sustainability and Social Responsibility
- Mary Kay Germany received the “FOCUS Sustainability Award” in Facial Skin Care and Cosmetics chosen by consumers and published in the German news magazine FOCUS.
- Mary Kay Ukraine was named in the corporate rating by Vlast Deneg(Power of Money) magazine among the top 25 Ukrainian companies with the best CSR programs for its Pink Changing Lives™ initiative, including its mission to develop women’s entrepreneurship, and for providing Ukrainian women with quality service and products. The list of companies was compiled based on company information, media reports and opinions of industry experts.
- Mary Kay Russia received the “Champions of Good Deeds” award for the pandemic initiative #IHelpwithMaryKay.
Excellence in Direct Selling
- Mary Kay Belarus received the “Direct Sales Cosmetic Company Number One Award” from the “Number One” annual national awards, whose task is to promote healthy competition and to determine the best players in the Belarusian market.
Excellence in Digital Education and Printed Tools
- Mary Kay Russia’s The Look catalog, which is a quarterly publication of Mary Kay products for consumers, took home the “2020 Best Corporate Media” in the “Client Media: Catalogue” category. The event was organized by the Association of Corporate Media and Media Business Publishing House.
- Mary Kay Russia’s Applause magazine, which is a Mary Kay educational and motivational monthly publication, won the "2020 Best Corporate Media Award” award in the "Client Media: Magazine” category.
- Mary Kay Russia’s Vera Sechnaya, Supervisor of Communications Projects and Editor of the monthly Applause magazine, took home the "2020 Best Corporate Media” award in the “Best Editor: Corporate Media” category.
- Mary Kay Russia was awarded the prestigious “Best Russian Social Projects 2020” award for their Link & Learn educational program. The Link & Learn program is an integrated training platform that teaches users the universal skills for running a business. The Best Russian Social Projects is an annual award aimed at supporting public policy initiatives and contributing to civic engagement and sustainable development in Russia.
- Mary Kay Russia’s official social media accounts won the honorable 3rd place in the nomination of "Best Corporate Account in Social Networks" at the National Corporate Media Contest “Silver Threads – 2020.” The Silver Threads Contest is Russia's first national competition for corporate media resources, whose main objectives are to increase the value of corporate resources in the Russian information field, and to create a professional space where all participants from mass media and business communications can interact.
- Mary Kay Russia’s "Royal Blue - Sales Director Style 2020" video also became the winner in the nomination of “Best Corporate Video/Film: Image of the Company” at the National Corporate Media Contest “Silver Threads – 2020.”
With more than 1,500 patents and a team of scientists dedicated to producing innovative products backed by proven results, Mary Kay® products in Europe garnered 60 awards in 2020. Among the numerous products distinguished by the beauty industry and consumers, these were some of the most awarded:
- TimeWise Miracle Set 3D®
- TimeWise® 3D Foundations
- Mary Kay Naturally® Nourishing Oil
- Mary Kay Naturally® Moisturizing Stick
- Skinvigorate Sonic™ Skin Care System
- TimeWise Repair® Lifting Bio-Cellulose Mask
- Mary Kay® Hydrogel Eye Patches
- Mary Kay Illuminea™ Extrait de Parfum
Global Recognition in 2020
- Mary Kay Inc. was listed as one of America’s Best Employers For Diversity by Forbes Magazine.
- Mary Kay Inc. was named as one of the Top Purpose-Driven Brands on the Purpose Power Index by Reputation Institute and StrawberryFrog.
- Mary Kay Inc. was awarded Community Leader of the Year by EarthX.
- Mary Kay Inc. was ranked #5 as a Most Loved Brands Online by Top Social Brand Awards in 2020.
- Mary Kay Inc. was nominated for the Responsible Business Awards 2020 by Reuters Events.
About Mary Kay
One of the original glass ceiling breakers, Mary Kay Ash founded her beauty company 57 years ago with three goals: develop rewarding opportunities for women, offer irresistible products, and make the world a better place. That dream has blossomed into a multibillion-dollar company with millions of independent sales force members in nearly 40 countries. Mary Kay is dedicated to investing in the science behind beauty and manufacturing cutting-edge skin care, color cosmetics, nutritional supplements, and fragrances. Mary Kay is committed to empowering women and their families by partnering with organizations from around the world, focusing on supporting cancer research, protecting survivors from domestic abuse, beautifying our communities, and encouraging children to follow their dreams. Mary Kay Ash’s original vision continues to shine—one lipstick at a time.
To view this piece of content from cts.businesswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
Mary Kay Inc. Corporate Communications
972.687.5332 or email@example.com
About Business Wire
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
Exchanger Industries Limited Acquires HRS Heat Exchangers27.7.2021 17:00:00 CEST | Press release
Exchanger Industries Limited (“EIL”), the Canadian market leader and globally recognized designer and manufacturer of heat transfer products for the energy, petrochemical, industrial and clean power generation sectors, has acquired HRS Heat Exchangers Ltd. ("HRS"). Financial terms were not disclosed. HRS is widely recognized as the pre-eminent, international specialist supplier of heat exchangers and custom process systems across the environmental, food, beverage, and pharmaceutical sectors. The seasoned HRS management team will be retained by EIL and play a critical role in executing plans for robust international expansion afforded by the strategic combination of two distinct, yet complementary industry leaders. “For decades, we’ve worked hard on behalf of our customers in Canada, the U.S. and 25 countries worldwide, consistently providing them with mission-critical, innovative solutions in some of the most demanding environments,” stated Mark el Baroudi, EIL’s CEO. “The HRS acquisit
Quanergy’s 3D LiDAR Helps Waste Incineration Plant Optimize Recycling Process and Reduce Environmental Impact in China27.7.2021 16:18:00 CEST | Press release
Quanergy Systems, Inc., a leading provider of OPA-based solid state LiDAR sensors and smart 3D solutions for automotive and IoT, today announced a new smart LiDAR deployment automating waste plant operations, to ensure process efficiency and minimize the environmental impact of a waste-to-energy incineration plant in China. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210727005789/en/ Quanergy’s 3D LiDAR Helps Waste Incineration Plant Optimize Recycling Process and Reduce Environmental Impact in China (Graphic: Business Wire) Deployed in collaboration with Hunan University, one of China’s top engineering research universities, and Hunan Qiaokang Bridge Health Intelligent Technology for Puxiang Bioenergy, Quanergy’s high accuracy M-Series 3D LiDAR sensors were applied to scan the surface of the waste piles at the incineration plant and create a 3D point cloud image, to accurately calculate the volume of the waste. The LiDAR
Andersen Global Enhances Gambian Foothold with Payce Consulting27.7.2021 15:30:00 CEST | Press release
Andersen Global continues its Africa expansion with the addition of collaborating firm Payce Consulting, adding dimension to the organization’s existing presence in The Gambia. Payce Consulting, founded in 2014 by Partner Paul Gaye, serves the public and private sectors at the local and international level including financial institutions, education, industrial and commerce, transportation, fish processing and export, hotel and leisure, seaport, energy, agriculture, information technology and government agencies. The tax and advisory firm provides corporate finance, business advisory, business structuring and insolvency, outsourcing, financial services and portfolio management services to clients. “Our client-focused approach, extensive industry knowledge and commitment to best-in-class service have allowed us to develop and maintain strong client relationships,” Paul said. “Our collaboration with Andersen Global is the next step for our firm as we look to provide our clients with the
Academy of Marketing Science Mary Kay Doctoral Dissertation Awards Announced at 2021 Annual Conference27.7.2021 15:03:00 CEST | Press release
Mary Kay Inc., a leading corporate advocate of women’s empowerment and entrepreneurship, continued its decades-long support of education and research with the announcement of the 2021 winners of the Mary Kay Doctoral Dissertation and Doctoral Dissertation Proposal Awards at the Academy of Marketing Science (AMS) Annual Conference held virtually last month. For more than 25 years, the global beauty company has awarded these annual grants to provide doctoral candidates in marketing the opportunity to showcase their successfully defended dissertations in front of their peers. Finalists are selected based on their final presentations at the AMS Annual Conference. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210727005230/en/ AMS Mary Kay Doctoral Dissertation Awards were presented to six deserving winners at the 2021 AMS Annual Conference held virtually. (Graphic: Mary Kay Inc.) Submissions are open to doctoral students from pr
Everbridge Launches Industry’s First Global Critical Event Management (CEM) Certification TM Program with Formalized Standards for Enterprise Resilience27.7.2021 14:00:00 CEST | Press release
Everbridge, Inc. (NASDAQ: EVBG) today announced the industry’s first Critical Event Management (CEM) Certification™ Program for assessing an organization’s enterprise resilience. Developed from 20 years of professional services engagements across tens of thousands of projects in over 150 countries and facilitating tens of billions of critical interactions, Everbridge’s proprietary CEM Standards FrameworkTM and related certification process offer organizations an end-to-end methodology for evaluating and benchmarking enterprise resilience preparedness. Businesses who achieve CEM CertificationTM status follow proven industry best practices for enterprise resilience to keep their people safe and organizations running, faster. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210727005510/en/ Everbridge Launches Industry’s First Global Critical Event Management (CEM) Certification Program with Formalized Standards for Enterprise Re
ExaGrid Named a Finalist for the 2021 Storage Awards27.7.2021 14:00:00 CEST | Press release
ExaGrid®, the industry’s only Tiered Backup Storage solution, today announced that it has been nominated in six categories for the 18th annual Storage Awards. ExaGrid has become a finalist for Enterprise Backup Hardware Company of the Year, Storage Innovators of the Year, Immutable Storage Vendors, Storage Performance Optimisation Company of the Year, Storage Product of the Year, and Storage Company of the Year. Voting to determine the winner in each category is underway now and closes on September 8, 2021. Winners of this year’s awards will be announced at “The Storries XVIII” awards ceremony held in London on September 22, 2021. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210727005142/en/ “We are honored to be nominated in six categories,” said Graham Woods, ExaGrid’s Vice President of International Systems Engineering. “It is also exciting that The Storries awards ceremony will be held in person this year, as the pande
Additive Manufacturer Green Trade Association Announces New Members27.7.2021 13:59:00 CEST | Press release
The Additive Manufacturer Green Trade Association (AMGTA), a global trade organization created to promote the environmental benefits of additive manufacturing (AM), announced today that eight additional leading AM companies have joined the trade group to advance sustainability in AM, bringing its membership ranks to 28 members. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210727005192/en/ Joining the AMGTA as a new Founding Member is Stratasys, a global leader in polymer 3D printing solutions for industries such as aerospace, automotive, consumer products, and healthcare. Stratasys will serve alongside existing Founding Members ExOne, the pioneer and global leader in industrial 3D printing systems using binder jet 3D printing technology; QC Laboratories, an advanced non-destructive testing laboratory focused on AM components; Sintavia, a designer and 3D printer of a new generation of flight and launch components; and Taiyo
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom