Mary Kay Inc. & Mary Kay Ash Foundation SM Celebrate 2021 Year-End Highlights
Mary Kay Inc., a global entrepreneurship development company and advocate for corporate social responsibility and sustainability, today released its year-end highlights. In 2021, Mary Kay Inc. continued its decades-long commitment to enriching the lives of women around the globe and building healthier, more sustainable communities.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220107005500/en/
Mary Kay was named a Silver Globee® Winner in 3 categories at the 13th Annual 2021 Golden Bridge Business and Innovation Awards. (Photo: Mary Kay Inc.)
Learn more about Mary Kay’s 2021 accomplishments in this report.
2021 YEAR-END HIGHLIGHTS
- Mary Kay received 58 awards and recognition honors in 2021, including: COVID Response (22 awards), recognition from partners in social impact/annual reports (4), Mary Kay management recognized for leadership (7), business excellence (10) and an award-winning documentary (4 awards; 5 screening selections). Additionally, Mary Kay and/or its iconic founder, Mary Kay Ash, were featured in two Harvard Business Case Studies, three textbooks, and one research paper.
- Announced the appointment of Wendy Wang as President of its Asia Pacific Region. 54% of Mary Kay’s global executive team is female.
- Mary Kay markets celebrated anniversaries: Mary Kay Lithuania (10 years) and Mary Kay Germany (35 years).
- Named one of America's Best Mid-Sized Employers 2021 by Forbes.
Mary Kay Global Design Studio & Digital Innovation to Enhance the Customer Experience
- Mary Kay Global Design Studio and Glamhive announced the first-ever global TikTok reality show based on style, Step & Repeat. The contest showcased talent in wardrobe, makeup & hair from TikTok users worldwide. Participants showcased their talents from more than 30 countries, and the ground-breaking campaign was featured in the UK Daily Mail, The Daily Front Row, and Vogue Business highlighting its innovative approach to using the relatively new social media platform.
- Launched Suite 13, a beauty experience that uses virtual reality to digitize the company's first virtual pop-up showroom; Mary Kay MirrorMe™ for augmented-reality makeovers and Mary Kay® Skin Analyzer App to scan your face for a customized skin care routine.
- Celebrated 25 years partnering with Global Beauty Ambassador, Luis Casco.
Science Behind the Beauty
- Clinical Solutions™ skincare launched, which consists of Mary Kay Clinical Solutions™ Retinol 0.5 and Mary Kay Clinical Solutions™ Calm + Restore Facial Milk and received the Dermatologists’ Council Seal.
- Dr. Michelle Hines, Ph.D., Mary Kay Director of Product Formulation, was announced as president-elect for the Society of Cosmetic Chemists (SCC).
- In collaboration with Society for Investigative Dermatology (SID), announced Skin Health/Skin Disease Grants. Grants will be awarded to researchers conducting groundbreaking, innovative studies in skin health and skin diseases to uncover new perspectives and intervention strategies.
- Announced recipients of multiple science educational grants including: the Society of Cosmetic Chemists and Mary Kay Inc. - Madam C.J. Walker Scholarships, in support of under-represented minority students pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in chemical, physical, medical, pharmaceutical, biological, or related sciences and technology; and provided five Girls in STEAM grants to young women currently engaged in innovative research. The 2021 recipients included: Mylana Brodovska, Ukraine; Selin Alara Ornek, Turkey; Jordan Reeves, U.S.; Ivanna Hernandez, Colombia; and Allie Weber, U.S.
- Unveiled research at multiple virtual science conferences. The research included: sharing research on a gradual retinization process that significantly improves tolerance to higher concentrated pure retinol, while still delivering retinol’s key skin benefits; presented the findings for topical application of pure retinol improving hyperpigmentation in an Asian population; and Modulating mechanisms associated with skin barrier function effectively alleviates 2 common concerns associated with sensitive skin.
- In 2021, Mary Kay’s global Pink Changing LivesSM cause empowerment program supported over 15 NGOs around the world. Since 2008, the program has impacted more than six million women and their families by partnering with over 3,000 organizations, donating over $16 million.
- Mary Kay China: China's Henan province was affected by severe flooding. Due to the floods, at least 33 people were killed, 8 others went missing, 200,000 people were evacuated, 3 million people were affected, and the direct economic loss was about $1.22 billion yuan. Mary Kay China donated 1-million-yuan worth of products to Henan Charity Federation.
- Mary Kay Germany: European floods impacted Germany, Austria, Belgium and the Netherlands and ranked as the most destructive natural hazard in Northern Europe. Mary Kay Germany pledged up to $100,000 euros to support those affected.
- Mary Kay Spain: In 2020-21, partnered with the Fundación Vicente Ferrer to provide health care access to children and their families in India. Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic (in 2018), Mary Kay Spain financed the construction of a school for children in Pagadalavaripalli village, located in the Kadiri (Anantapur) region of India.
- Announced commitment to advancing gender parity by releasing a position paper welcoming the European Commission’s Gender Equality Strategy for 2020 – 2025 and by joining the Generation Equality Forum in Paris and five Global Action Coalitions to accelerate gender equality by 2026.
- In collaboration with UN Women, ILO & WE Empower, re-released, “Strengthening Support for Women Entrepreneurs in COVID-19 Response and Recovery” at the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW65).
- Mary Kay and the Mary Kay Ash FoundationSM were recognized in the Report of the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women on the activities of the United Nations trust fund in support of actions to eliminate violence against women to the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW65) and Human Rights Council.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI)
- Announced 100% of U.S.-based Directors and above completed mandatory Unconscious Bias training.
- Released Gender Diversity in the Workplace Data: 54% of Mary Kay’s global executive team is female; 61% of Mary Kay’s global workforce is female; and 54% of Global Vice Presidents and above are female; 59% of Directors and above are female.
- In collaboration with global partner Equal Rights Trust, announced the launch of innovative research on gender inequality in algorithms and artificial intelligence aimed at addressing equality and gender impacts of algorithmic systems, presented by Mary Kay.
- Announced global sustainability strategy: Enriching Lives Today for a Sustainable Tomorrow. Our holistic approach encompasses three pillars of sustainability—economic, environmental and social—through five pillars, activated by 15 commitments to deliver a decade of sustainable action.
- Became a signatory to two crucial causes in protecting our world’s waterways: the CEO Water Mandate and the United Nations Global Compact’s Sustainable Ocean Principles.
- Joined the Ellen MacArthur Foundation as a member of its Network, as part of its commitment to becoming a more sustainable, circular business.
- Mary Kay released its second documentary, Forest of Hope, in October during the 2021 UN Climate Change Conference (COP26). The documentary highlights the work of Angelica, a 70-year eco-warrior and leader of a group of women entrepreneurs committed to saving the forests of Monterrey.
- Through its partnership with Arbor Day Foundation, the Time for Trees® initiative, announced achieving the commitment to planting 100 million trees and inspiring 5 million new tree planters by April of 2022, was achieved one year ahead of schedule.
- Mary Kay has partnered with the Nature Conservancy since 1991. In 2021, Mary Kay supported seven projects in the Solomon Islands, Northern Australia, New Zealand, rural China, Mexico, the United States, and Canada.
About Mary Kay
One of the original glass ceiling breakers, Mary Kay Ash founded her beauty company nearly 60 years ago with three goals: develop rewarding opportunities for women, offer irresistible products, and make the world a better place. That dream has blossomed into a multibillion-dollar company with millions of independent sales force members in nearly 40 countries. Mary Kay is dedicated to investing in the science behind beauty and manufacturing cutting-edge skin care, color cosmetics, and fragrances. Mary Kay is committed to empowering women and their families by partnering with organizations from around the world, focusing on supporting cancer research, protecting survivors from domestic abuse, beautifying our communities, and encouraging children to follow their dreams. Mary Kay Ash’s original vision continues to shine—one lipstick at a time. Learn more at www.MaryKayGlobal.com.
To view this piece of content from cts.businesswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About Business Wire
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
Safeguard Global Acquires Global Upside to Expand Reach and Offerings for Companies Growing and Operating Globally27.1.2022 13:07:00 CET | Press release
Safeguard Global, a global future of work company, announced today its acquisition of Global Upside, a global expansion technology and services company based in San Jose, Calif. The deal expands the company’s ability to help emerging and established multinationals compliantly recruit, hire, pay—and now set up operations—anywhere in the world. The move also helps Safeguard Global continue building out its workforce management technology platform, Global Unity, to be able to provide end-to-end digital service. The acquisition, part of an aggressive growth strategy, combines the momentum of the two hyper-growth companies in an industry that is growing quickly to meet increasing demand for workforce management solutions. It makes Safeguard Global, which founded the Employer of Record (EOR) industry in 2011, the largest EOR in global coverage and breadth of services. It also adds new markets in Latin America, Eastern Europe, Africa and Asia. “The team at Global Upside built an amazing compa
ABB Acquires Controlling Interest in InCharge Energy, Strengthening its EV Charging Solutions in the U.S.27.1.2022 12:00:00 CET | Press release
ABB today announced the acquisition of a controlling stake in electric vehicle (EV) commercial charging infrastructure solutions company InCharge Energy. The addition of InCharge Energy will strengthen ABB’s E-mobility Division in the North American market by broadening its customer base and expanding its fleet electrification software and digital services offering. The transaction is part of ABB E-mobility’s growth strategy and is intended to accelerate the expansion of its portfolio to include turnkey EV infrastructure solutions to private and public commercial fleets, EV manufacturers, ride-share operators, municipalities, and commercial facilities owners. Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed. InCharge Energy tailors end-to-end EV charging infrastructure solutions, from initial consultancy and recommendations on required energy upgrades to the procurement, installation, operation, and maintenance of charging systems. It also provides cloud-based software services fo
How difficult was the journey of iDenfy?27.1.2022 10:47:00 CET | Press release
iDenfy, which began its journey in 2017 as a Lithuanian startup, takes a look back to share about the company’s early days and the road it took to get to where it is today. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220121005320/en/ iDenfy team (Photo: Business Wire) Even though iDenfy started to run in 2017, the idea goes back to 2015. Many industries, especially banking, weren't regulated to the extent they are now. Automated identity verification solutions dominated the marketplace but lacked security. The people behind the company decided to develop a supervised ID verification solution, and the decision remains at the core of the company today. Innovations and adaptations Even though iDenfy’s solution was rather primitive and the company only had three employees, the demand for a more secure verification was there. It allowed the company to secure its first clients and investments. “The marketplace was constantly ch
Ola Announces Futurefoundry27.1.2022 10:00:00 CET | Press release
Ola Electric, India’s leading manufacturer of EVs, today announced Ola Futurefoundry, its global center for advanced engineering and vehicle design. This center will be based in Coventry, UK, a global hub for the best automotive design and engineering talent in the world. Ola Futurefoundry will work in-synch with the design and engineering teams based at Ola Campus in Bangalore, India. It will house global talent across multiple disciplines of 2W and 4W vehicle design, advanced high performance automotive engineering, digital & physical modeling and more. It will also house talent that will focus on vehicle R&D around new energy systems including cell technologies. Ola will invest £100M over the next 5 years into the state of the art center and staff it with over 200 designers and automotive engineers. The centre will also partner with world class education and research institutions in the UK to collaborate on technology research and development. Bhavish Aggarwal, Founder & CEO, Ola sa
Terralpha harnesses ADVA TeraFlex ™ for 600G transport throughout France27.1.2022 09:00:00 CET | Press release
ADVA (FSE: ADV) today announced that Terralpha has deployed its FSP 3000 TeraFlex™ terminal to transport data at speeds up to 600Gbit/s between cities across France. The solution enables Terralpha – the new service provider arm of France’s SNCF railway group – to use its spare fiber capacity to offer low-latency, ultra-high-speed connectivity to customers. Now, enterprises, mobile network operators and government institutions can leverage flexible, highly reliable services for edge computing and 5G applications. What’s more, Terralpha’s network will enable homes and businesses in many underserved areas to access next-generation broadband and mobile connectivity. The new solution also features ADVA’s FSP 3000 OLS, flexgrid multi-degree ROADMs, its ALM fiber monitoring technology and its Ensemble Controller network management and control solution. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220126005706/en/ ADVA’s TeraFlex™
Xsolla Expands Into India With Paytm Payment Gateway to Help Developers Sell Games to the India Market27.1.2022 08:56:00 CET | Press release
Xsolla, the video game business engine that helps developers and publishers launch and operate games globally, today announced it teamed up with Paytm Payment Gateway, India's leading payments solutions provider, to bring gaming payments solutions to India. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220126006130/en/ Xsolla expands into India with Paytm payment gateway (Graphic: Business Wire) Xsolla integrated Paytm’s Digital Wallet, Unified Payment Interface (UPI), and online banking payment solutions into its Pay Station platform. Video game developers and publishers can monetize their products in India giving them access to the massive gaming marketplace of more than 400 million gamers, second only to China’s playerbase. “India has become one of the fastest-growing game economies in Asia, bringing in approximately $1.5B annually, with growth expected to nearly triple by 2024,” said Xsolla’s Head of Payments and Commer
2022 SPIE and Photonics Media Prism Awards Celebrate Innovative Photonics Technologies27.1.2022 07:10:00 CET | Press release
Earlier this evening, following a festive reception during SPIE Photonics West, SPIE, the international society for optics and photonics, and Photonics Media recognized the top optics and photonics products on the market with their industry-focused Prism Awards. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220126005964/en/ 2022 SPIE and Photonics Media Prism Awards celebrate innovative photonics technologies at SPIE Photonics West. (Graphic: Business Wire) The 14th annual ceremony showcased a dynamic range of companies — from Luxexcel, PlenOptika, and Lumotive, to SWIR, LightPath Technologies, and ColdQuanta — applying innovative and creative solutions to critical problems in areas such as augmented and virtual reality, biomedical devices, autonomous vehicles, quantum, and industrial lasers. In addition, the 2021 Prism Award winners of last year’s virtual ceremony were recognized in person at the beginning of the program.
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom