Mary Kay Inc. & Mary Kay Ash Foundation SM Celebrate 2021 Year-End Highlights
Mary Kay Inc., a global entrepreneurship development company and advocate for corporate social responsibility and sustainability, today released its year-end highlights. In 2021, Mary Kay Inc. continued its decades-long commitment to enriching the lives of women around the globe and building healthier, more sustainable communities.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220107005500/en/
Mary Kay was named a Silver Globee® Winner in 3 categories at the 13th Annual 2021 Golden Bridge Business and Innovation Awards. (Photo: Mary Kay Inc.)
Learn more about Mary Kay’s 2021 accomplishments in this report.
2021 YEAR-END HIGHLIGHTS
- Mary Kay received 58 awards and recognition honors in 2021, including: COVID Response (22 awards), recognition from partners in social impact/annual reports (4), Mary Kay management recognized for leadership (7), business excellence (10) and an award-winning documentary (4 awards; 5 screening selections). Additionally, Mary Kay and/or its iconic founder, Mary Kay Ash, were featured in two Harvard Business Case Studies, three textbooks, and one research paper.
- Announced the appointment of Wendy Wang as President of its Asia Pacific Region. 54% of Mary Kay’s global executive team is female.
- Mary Kay markets celebrated anniversaries: Mary Kay Lithuania (10 years) and Mary Kay Germany (35 years).
- Named one of America's Best Mid-Sized Employers 2021 by Forbes.
Mary Kay Global Design Studio & Digital Innovation to Enhance the Customer Experience
- Mary Kay Global Design Studio and Glamhive announced the first-ever global TikTok reality show based on style, Step & Repeat. The contest showcased talent in wardrobe, makeup & hair from TikTok users worldwide. Participants showcased their talents from more than 30 countries, and the ground-breaking campaign was featured in the UK Daily Mail, The Daily Front Row, and Vogue Business highlighting its innovative approach to using the relatively new social media platform.
- Launched Suite 13, a beauty experience that uses virtual reality to digitize the company's first virtual pop-up showroom; Mary Kay MirrorMe™ for augmented-reality makeovers and Mary Kay® Skin Analyzer App to scan your face for a customized skin care routine.
- Celebrated 25 years partnering with Global Beauty Ambassador, Luis Casco.
Science Behind the Beauty
- Clinical Solutions™ skincare launched, which consists of Mary Kay Clinical Solutions™ Retinol 0.5 and Mary Kay Clinical Solutions™ Calm + Restore Facial Milk and received the Dermatologists’ Council Seal.
- Dr. Michelle Hines, Ph.D., Mary Kay Director of Product Formulation, was announced as president-elect for the Society of Cosmetic Chemists (SCC).
- In collaboration with Society for Investigative Dermatology (SID), announced Skin Health/Skin Disease Grants. Grants will be awarded to researchers conducting groundbreaking, innovative studies in skin health and skin diseases to uncover new perspectives and intervention strategies.
- Announced recipients of multiple science educational grants including: the Society of Cosmetic Chemists and Mary Kay Inc. - Madam C.J. Walker Scholarships, in support of under-represented minority students pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in chemical, physical, medical, pharmaceutical, biological, or related sciences and technology; and provided five Girls in STEAM grants to young women currently engaged in innovative research. The 2021 recipients included: Mylana Brodovska, Ukraine; Selin Alara Ornek, Turkey; Jordan Reeves, U.S.; Ivanna Hernandez, Colombia; and Allie Weber, U.S.
- Unveiled research at multiple virtual science conferences. The research included: sharing research on a gradual retinization process that significantly improves tolerance to higher concentrated pure retinol, while still delivering retinol’s key skin benefits; presented the findings for topical application of pure retinol improving hyperpigmentation in an Asian population; and Modulating mechanisms associated with skin barrier function effectively alleviates 2 common concerns associated with sensitive skin.
- In 2021, Mary Kay’s global Pink Changing LivesSM cause empowerment program supported over 15 NGOs around the world. Since 2008, the program has impacted more than six million women and their families by partnering with over 3,000 organizations, donating over $16 million.
- Mary Kay China: China's Henan province was affected by severe flooding. Due to the floods, at least 33 people were killed, 8 others went missing, 200,000 people were evacuated, 3 million people were affected, and the direct economic loss was about $1.22 billion yuan. Mary Kay China donated 1-million-yuan worth of products to Henan Charity Federation.
- Mary Kay Germany: European floods impacted Germany, Austria, Belgium and the Netherlands and ranked as the most destructive natural hazard in Northern Europe. Mary Kay Germany pledged up to $100,000 euros to support those affected.
- Mary Kay Spain: In 2020-21, partnered with the Fundación Vicente Ferrer to provide health care access to children and their families in India. Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic (in 2018), Mary Kay Spain financed the construction of a school for children in Pagadalavaripalli village, located in the Kadiri (Anantapur) region of India.
- Announced commitment to advancing gender parity by releasing a position paper welcoming the European Commission’s Gender Equality Strategy for 2020 – 2025 and by joining the Generation Equality Forum in Paris and five Global Action Coalitions to accelerate gender equality by 2026.
- In collaboration with UN Women, ILO & WE Empower, re-released, “Strengthening Support for Women Entrepreneurs in COVID-19 Response and Recovery” at the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW65).
- Mary Kay and the Mary Kay Ash FoundationSM were recognized in the Report of the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women on the activities of the United Nations trust fund in support of actions to eliminate violence against women to the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW65) and Human Rights Council.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI)
- Announced 100% of U.S.-based Directors and above completed mandatory Unconscious Bias training.
- Released Gender Diversity in the Workplace Data: 54% of Mary Kay’s global executive team is female; 61% of Mary Kay’s global workforce is female; and 54% of Global Vice Presidents and above are female; 59% of Directors and above are female.
- In collaboration with global partner Equal Rights Trust, announced the launch of innovative research on gender inequality in algorithms and artificial intelligence aimed at addressing equality and gender impacts of algorithmic systems, presented by Mary Kay.
- Announced global sustainability strategy: Enriching Lives Today for a Sustainable Tomorrow. Our holistic approach encompasses three pillars of sustainability—economic, environmental and social—through five pillars, activated by 15 commitments to deliver a decade of sustainable action.
- Became a signatory to two crucial causes in protecting our world’s waterways: the CEO Water Mandate and the United Nations Global Compact’s Sustainable Ocean Principles.
- Joined the Ellen MacArthur Foundation as a member of its Network, as part of its commitment to becoming a more sustainable, circular business.
- Mary Kay released its second documentary, Forest of Hope, in October during the 2021 UN Climate Change Conference (COP26). The documentary highlights the work of Angelica, a 70-year eco-warrior and leader of a group of women entrepreneurs committed to saving the forests of Monterrey.
- Through its partnership with Arbor Day Foundation, the Time for Trees® initiative, announced achieving the commitment to planting 100 million trees and inspiring 5 million new tree planters by April of 2022, was achieved one year ahead of schedule.
- Mary Kay has partnered with the Nature Conservancy since 1991. In 2021, Mary Kay supported seven projects in the Solomon Islands, Northern Australia, New Zealand, rural China, Mexico, the United States, and Canada.
About Mary Kay
One of the original glass ceiling breakers, Mary Kay Ash founded her beauty company nearly 60 years ago with three goals: develop rewarding opportunities for women, offer irresistible products, and make the world a better place. That dream has blossomed into a multibillion-dollar company with millions of independent sales force members in nearly 40 countries. Mary Kay is dedicated to investing in the science behind beauty and manufacturing cutting-edge skin care, color cosmetics, and fragrances. Mary Kay is committed to empowering women and their families by partnering with organizations from around the world, focusing on supporting cancer research, protecting survivors from domestic abuse, beautifying our communities, and encouraging children to follow their dreams. Mary Kay Ash’s original vision continues to shine—one lipstick at a time. Learn more at www.MaryKayGlobal.com.
To view this piece of content from cts.businesswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About Business Wire
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
RevBio Launches an Experiment for its Regenerative Biomaterial on the International Space Station9.12.2022 20:04:00 CET | Press release
RevBio, Inc., announced that anexperiment to study Tetranite®, the company’s regenerative bone adhesive biomaterial, has successfully been initiated onboard the International Space Station (ISS). On Saturday, November 26, 2022, the study materials were launched to the space station on SpaceX’s 26th Commercial Resupply Services (SpaceX CRS-26) mission, sponsored by the ISS National Laboratory. This in vivo research, which will be conducted over the next two months on the ISS, will examine the biomaterial’s ability to regenerate bone when used in a microgravity environment where bone growing conditions and the ability to regenerate new bone tissue is significantly compromised. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221201005635/en/ RevBio Launches an Experiment for its Regenerative Biomaterial on the International Space Station. This Experiment will Examine TETRANITE’S Ability to Regenerate Bone under the Condition of
Datopotamab Deruxtecan Showed Promising Responses as Monotherapy and in Combination with Durvalumab in Patients with Metastatic Triple Negative Breast Cancer in Two Early Trials9.12.2022 14:00:00 CET | Press release
Updated results from the TROPION-PanTumor01 phase 1 trial showed datopotamab deruxtecan (Dato-DXd) continued to demonstrate encouraging responses in patients with heavily pretreated metastatic triple negative breast cancer (TNBC) and disease progression following standard treatment. Results were presented today as a poster presentation (Abstract #P6-10-03) at the 2022 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium (#SABCS22). Datopotamab deruxtecan is a specifically engineered TROP2 directed DXd antibody drug conjugate (ADC) being jointly developed by Daiichi Sankyo (TSE: 4568) and AstraZeneca (LSE/STO/Nasdaq: AZN). Approximately 15% of breast cancers are considered triple negative and are associated with higher disease recurrence and worse prognosis compared to other breast cancer subtypes.1,2 It is estimated that only 12% of patients with metastatic TNBC survive five years after diagnosis and median overall survival is between 12 to 18 months.1,3 In the TNBC cohort of TROPION-PanTumor01 (n=44)
Takeda to Present Data at 64th American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting, Demonstrating Commitment to Patients with Hematologic Cancers and Other Blood Diseases9.12.2022 14:00:00 CET | Press release
Takeda(TSE:4502/NYSE:TAK) today announced that it will present 15 company-sponsored abstracts at the 64th American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting being held December 10-13, 2022 in New Orleans. Takeda’s latest research focuses on improving long-term outcomes for patients with hematologic diseases. Takeda’s presentations will include oral sessions detailing a three-year update of the Phase 3 OPTIC trial demonstrating the efficacy and safety of ICLUSIG® (ponatinib) in patients with resistant chronic-phase chronic myeloid leukemia (CP-CML), and results from a first-in-human Phase 1/2 study evaluating modakafusp alfa (TAK-573) in patients with relapsed / refractory multiple myeloma. “Our latest research is focused on investigating novel mechanisms of action, as well as optimizing approved treatments to improve long-term outcomes and more deeply understand and address unmet needs for patients across a range of hematologic diseases,” said Awny Farajallah, M.D., Head of Global Med
Tecnotree Advances to Acquire Top AIML Platform - CognitiveScale in North America to further Enhance 5G Use case Penetration9.12.2022 13:23:00 CET | Press release
Tecnotree is a market leader in 5G digital Business Support Systems (BSS), with AI/ML capabilities and multi-cloud extensibility. Tecnotree’s global footprint with over 90 Telecom customers in 70 countries around the world, supports ecosystems of over 1 billion subscribers. Tecnotree is the first Digital Platform Service provider to be Platinum Badge Certified by TM Forum for Real-world Open API standards. The company also provides B2B2X partner ecosystem and fintech services for monetization beyond connectivity across gaming, healthcare, education, and banking. Tecnotree has been recognized by Gartner for revenue management and monetization as well as for customer experience management solutions and enjoys the position of a leading stock on the Helsinki Nasdaq since 2020. CognitiveScale (CS) is United States based pioneer in the space of AI Engineering and provides solutions for scalable enterprise AI development and deployment. CognitiveScale is backed by over 100 granted AI patents
Another Sustainability Award for NTHU9.12.2022 10:00:00 CET | Press release
National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) in Taiwan has been awarded the Taiwan University Sustainability Award for the second year in a row! The Award was announced at the 15th Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Awards (TCSA) recently held by the Taiwan Institute for Sustainable Energy (TAISE). Standing out amongst the 47 participating universities, NTHU was ranked first in the comprehensive evaluation, and in the individual competitions received the University Sustainability Report Gold Award. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221209005001/en/ NTHU president W. John Kao (right) accepting the Taiwan University Sustainability Award from You Si-kun, president of the Legislative Yuan. (Photo: National Tsing Hua University) The judges cited the exemplary way in which NTHU has adopted an innovative approach to integrating classroom learning, campus activities and social service, thereby enriching students’ education and cre
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom