O-RAN ALLIANCE Announces Virtual O-RAN Open Summit and Demonstrations of O-RAN Technology at MWC Shanghai 2021
As of January 2021, the O-RAN ALLIANCE welcomes LG U+ as its 28th operator member. With strong support by its expanding number of contributors, the alliance now counts more than 260 companies from around the globe, building a foundation and unifying the Radio Access Networks (RAN) industry towards open, intelligent, virtualized and fully interoperable RAN solutions.
O-RAN Open Summit (Virtual) Complements the O-RAN Demos at MWC Shanghai 2021
For latest updates on the evolution of open RAN, the O-RAN ALLIANCE invites interested industry participants to the O-RAN Open Summit. This compact virtual event will open with operator executives delivering a summary of O-RAN’s progress and developments. Subsequent keynotes and panel discussions with major O-RAN players will summarize the achievements and next steps in the O-RAN specification effort, testing and integration, and delivery of open software for the RAN.
The O-RAN Open Summit virtual event is scheduled for February 25, 2021 from 9:00-11:00pm China Standard Time (8:00-10:00am EST, 14:00-16:00 CET). For more information and to join the summit free of charge, please visit our website.
O-RAN Demonstrations at MWC Shanghai 2021 and at the O-RAN Virtual Showcase
Two O-RAN demonstrations are planned to be presented at the MWC Shanghai 2021:
- Sageran is demonstrating a complete O-RAN white-box small cell solution based on an x86 platform with an FPGA Accelerator card that showcases a stand-alone end-to-end use case using white box hardware for an indoor cell which supports MIMO with 4T4R. The demo is hosted at MWC Shanghai 2021 by Sageran, booth N2.C114, as well as at the O-RAN Virtual Exhibition.
- VIAVI and Rohde & Schwarz are jointly demonstrating validation of open fronthaul performance. As network operators adopt disaggregated, multi-vendor networks, rigorous testing of performance and interoperability must accompany conformance testing. This demo showcases generation and delivery of typical standards based testcase IQ data to the O-RU utilizing the Lower Layer Split Option 7.2x fronthaul interface with the VIAVI TM500 O-RU Tester. Moreover, uplink and downlink fronthaul logs are captured, and RF signal generation and capture are performed using the Rohde & Schwarz VSG and VSA hardware with VSE Software for RF and IQ signal analysis. Testcase workflow is simplified for the end user utilizing the VIAVI O-RU Test Manager, providing a single point of test control. The demo is hosted at MWC Shanghai 2021 by VIAVI Solutions, booth N1.B137, as well as at the O-RAN Virtual Exhibition.
5 more virtual demos for MWC Shanghai 2021 have enriched the O-RAN Virtual Exhibition:
- ITRI is demonstrating traffic steering xApps and Near-Real-Time Radio Intelligent Controller platform utilizing E2 procedures to monitor cell and UE metrics generated by RAN simulator and to offload some UE to neighbor cells such that the A1 policy is guaranteed.
- NVIDIA and VMWare are jointly demonstrating PoC of Aerial 5G gNB Layer-1 orchestration on VMWare telco cloud platform. This demo showcases NVIDIA Aerial SDK as cloud native function, with docker containers and Kubernetes manifests. Aerial cuBB onboarded to VMWare telco cloud platform offers service agility, operational efficiency and reduced CAPEX/OPEX through MANO.
- Viettel is demonstrating an end-to-end-solution based on Intel server (Xeon-D) with NIC (XXV710-DA2T) that is integrated with an outdoor micro O-RU via an Open Fronthaul Interface. The base station connects with EPC and Viettel’s eNB perform a complete NSA (Option 3X) white-box base station solution and ready for Commercial Deployment. The integrated system is verified using a commercial UE through the attach and speed test.
- Altiostar has teamed up with Airtel and NEC to demonstrate interoperability testing and integration of massive MIMO radio units (O-RU) and virtualized distributed units (O-DU) running on commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) servers. The demonstration features a commercial end-to-end Open Fronthaul interface based on O-RAN specifications.
- Parallel Wireless is demonstrating 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G O-RAN based macro Open RAN to expand and modernize cellular networks with reduced TCO & simplified maintenance. It’s been proven in rural in 50+ networks globally and is now scalable for urban 2G 3G 4G while unleashing the full 5G potential.
About O-RAN ALLIANCE
The O-RAN ALLIANCE is a world-wide community of more than 260 mobile operators, vendors, and research & academic institutions operating in the Radio Access Network (RAN) industry. As the RAN is an essential part of any mobile network, the O-RAN ALLIANCE’s mission is to re-shape the industry towards more intelligent, open, virtualized and fully interoperable mobile networks. The new O-RAN standards will enable a more competitive and vibrant RAN supplier ecosystem with faster innovation to improve user experience. O-RAN based mobile networks will at the same time improve the efficiency of RAN deployments as well as operations by the mobile operators. To achieve this, the O-RAN ALLIANCE publishes new RAN specifications, releases open software for the RAN, and supports its members in integration and testing of their implementations. For more information please visit www.o-ran.org.
O-RAN ALLIANCE PR Contact
O-RAN ALLIANCE e.V.
Buschkauler Weg 27
About Business Wire
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
L&T Technology Services Selected by Airbus for Skywise Partner Programme25.2.2021 08:04:00 CET | Press release
L&T Technology Services (NSE: LTTS), a leading global pure-play engineering services company, announced that it has been selected by Airbus to provide technology and digital engineering solutions for Airbus’ Skywise platform as part of the ‘Skywise Partner Programme’. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210224006261/en/ Abhishek Sinha, Chief Operating Officer and Board Member LTTS with Rémi Maillard, President & Managing Director, Airbus India & South Asia, commemorate LTTS joining the Skywise Partner Program (Photo: Business Wire) With more than 130 airlines around the world already connected to Skywise, the platform is playing a very important part in enabling and accelerating digital transformation of the aviation sector as a whole. LTTS will support the airlines in the development of complex workflows, creation of new interfaces between their existing information systems and Skywise and also provide assistance
Ecoppia Strengthens Its Presence in the Middle East with a first Project in Egypt25.2.2021 08:00:00 CET | Press release
Ecoppia (TASE:ECPA), the pioneer and world leader in robotic solutions for photovoltaic solar, announced today a new project in one of the worlds’ largest solar parks in BenBan, Egypt. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210224005973/en/ Ecoppia's light-weighted T4 solution, designed especially for Single Axis trackers. Completely autonomous, water-free, and energy independent. (Photo: Business Wire) BenBan solar park, located near the southern Egyptian city of Aswan, has a total capacity of 1,650 MWp corresponding to an annual production of approximately 3.8 TW, and is spread across nearly 40 km. While enjoying very high radiation rates, the facility also suffers from major soiling and desert sands, requiring frequent cleaning to ensure steady and optimal production. Ecoppia’s robotic solutions were proven to be extremely effective, cleaning nearly 10 million solar panels every night in harsh climatic conditions,
SES S.A.: Full Year 2020 Results25.2.2021 07:30:00 CET | Press release
SES S.A. announces financial results for the year ended 31 December 2020. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210224006241/en/ SES S.A.: Full Year 2020 Results Third successive year delivering EBITDA outlook despite challenging COVID-19 environment in 2020 Growth engine Networks revenue +5% YOY(1,2), or +27% since 2017, and Video revenue of €1,108 million in line with expectations Adjusted EBITDA(3) of €1,152 million delivered within pre-COVID-19 financial outlook and at high end of mid-year outlook Strong net cash generated from operations of €1,049 million representing 97% of reported EBITDA Commitment to disciplined financial policy and shareholder returns Solid cash flow generation driving €505 million YOY debt reduction and lowest leverage ratio(4) (of 2.97 times) over the past 5 years Proposed 2020 dividend of €0.40 per A-share consistent with commitment to maintain a minimum base dividend of €0.40 On track
SES Extends Long-Term Partnership With Sky25.2.2021 07:00:00 CET | Press release
Sky UK has extended its contract with SES for satellite capacity in a new agreement that will add over EUR 90 million in secured backlog. This renewal is in addition to capacity already under contract that extends through 2027. By the end of the renewed contract, Sky UK will have been an SES customer continuously for almost four decades, illustrating the strength and value of the partnership to Sky UK’s business in terms of the reliability, performance, high-quality viewing experience and the reach of SES’s satellite services. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210224006139/en/ SES Extends Long-Term Partnership With Sky (Photo: Business Wire) As part of the contract, SES will deliver Sky UK’s channels in a mix of standard definition (SD), high definition (HD) and ultra-high definition (UHD) from the 28.2/28.5 degrees East orbital slots to the operator’s subscribers across the United Kingdom and Republic of Irelan
ADVA announces record Q4 2020 results and reports full year 2020 figures25.2.2021 07:00:00 CET | Press release
ADVA (ISIN: DE0005103006), a leading provider of open networking solutions for the delivery of cloud and mobile services, reported financial results for Q4 2020 and full year 2020 ended on December 31, 2020. The results have been prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210224005994/en/ Brian Protiva, CEO, ADVA (Photo: Business Wire) Q4 2020 financial summary1 (in thousands of EUR) Q4 Q4 Change Q3 Change 2020 2019 2020 Revenues 140,572 151,135 -7.0% 146,676 -4.2% Pro forma gross profit 54,641 54,633 0.0% 51,930 5.2% in % of revenues 38.9% 36.1% 2.8pp 35.4% 3.5pp Pro forma operating income 14,343 10,333 38.8% 11,053 29.8% in % of revenues 10.2% 6.8% 3.4pp 7.5% 2.7pp Operating income (loss) 13,085 5,438 140.6% 9,768 34.0% Net income 13,249 2,522 425.3% 6,671 98.6% (in thousands of EUR) Dec. 31 Dec. 31 Change Sep. 30 Change 2020 2019 2020 Cash
Protembis Announces Completion of 20 Cases in European CE Mark Study With the ProtEmbo ® Cerebral Protection System25.2.2021 06:15:00 CET | Press release
Protembis GmbH, a privately held emerging medical device company, announced today the successful completion of 20 clinical cases in its European regulatory study of the ProtEmbo® Cerebral Protection System. The ProtEmbo® System is an intra-aortic filter device that deflects embolic material away from the brain during transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR). The device is a low profile system which is delivered through the left radial artery, an ideal access site enabling physicians to avoid interference with TAVR equipment, typically delivered through the left femoral artery. Nikos Werner, M.D., Professor of Medicine, Head of Cardiology at the Heart Center Trier, Germany, and Principal Investigator in Germany commented: “Embolic protection in TAVR procedures has been shown to be effective in reducing the ischemic burden in the brain, but physicians look forward to next generation devices that are easy to use, cover all three potential access arteries to the brain, and can be simp
Wipro Marks 25 Years of Partnership With Cisco; Launches Cisco Business Unit25.2.2021 06:00:00 CET | Press release
Wipro Limited (NYSE: WIT, BSE: 507685, NSE: WIPRO), a leading global information technology, consulting, and business process services company, is celebrating the 25th anniversary of its business partnership with Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO), the worldwide leader in technology that powers the Internet. To commemorate this milestone, Wipro is launching the Cisco Business Unit that will focus on the development and adoption of end-to-end digital transformation solutions leveraging Cisco technologies for customers. This strategic initiative demonstrates Wipro’s commitment to its business relationship with Cisco. Also, it is a growth accelerator for the successful and well-established 360-degree partnership of several years. Over the course of 25 years, Wipro has focused on delivering its transformative service capabilities across Digital, Cloud, Security, and Engineering, which are aligned with Cisco’s operational priorities. Wipro and Cisco co-develop communications, infrastructure, and security
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom