O-RAN ALLIANCE Announces Virtual O-RAN Open Summit and Demonstrations of O-RAN Technology at MWC Shanghai 2021
As of January 2021, the O-RAN ALLIANCE welcomes LG U+ as its 28th operator member. With strong support by its expanding number of contributors, the alliance now counts more than 260 companies from around the globe, building a foundation and unifying the Radio Access Networks (RAN) industry towards open, intelligent, virtualized and fully interoperable RAN solutions.
O-RAN Open Summit (Virtual) Complements the O-RAN Demos at MWC Shanghai 2021
For latest updates on the evolution of open RAN, the O-RAN ALLIANCE invites interested industry participants to the O-RAN Open Summit. This compact virtual event will open with operator executives delivering a summary of O-RAN’s progress and developments. Subsequent keynotes and panel discussions with major O-RAN players will summarize the achievements and next steps in the O-RAN specification effort, testing and integration, and delivery of open software for the RAN.
The O-RAN Open Summit virtual event is scheduled for February 25, 2021 from 9:00-11:00pm China Standard Time (8:00-10:00am EST, 14:00-16:00 CET). For more information and to join the summit free of charge, please visit our website.
O-RAN Demonstrations at MWC Shanghai 2021 and at the O-RAN Virtual Showcase
Two O-RAN demonstrations are planned to be presented at the MWC Shanghai 2021:
- Sageran is demonstrating a complete O-RAN white-box small cell solution based on an x86 platform with an FPGA Accelerator card that showcases a stand-alone end-to-end use case using white box hardware for an indoor cell which supports MIMO with 4T4R. The demo is hosted at MWC Shanghai 2021 by Sageran, booth N2.C114, as well as at the O-RAN Virtual Exhibition.
- VIAVI and Rohde & Schwarz are jointly demonstrating validation of open fronthaul performance. As network operators adopt disaggregated, multi-vendor networks, rigorous testing of performance and interoperability must accompany conformance testing. This demo showcases generation and delivery of typical standards based testcase IQ data to the O-RU utilizing the Lower Layer Split Option 7.2x fronthaul interface with the VIAVI TM500 O-RU Tester. Moreover, uplink and downlink fronthaul logs are captured, and RF signal generation and capture are performed using the Rohde & Schwarz VSG and VSA hardware with VSE Software for RF and IQ signal analysis. Testcase workflow is simplified for the end user utilizing the VIAVI O-RU Test Manager, providing a single point of test control. The demo is hosted at MWC Shanghai 2021 by VIAVI Solutions, booth N1.B137, as well as at the O-RAN Virtual Exhibition.
5 more virtual demos for MWC Shanghai 2021 have enriched the O-RAN Virtual Exhibition:
- ITRI is demonstrating traffic steering xApps and Near-Real-Time Radio Intelligent Controller platform utilizing E2 procedures to monitor cell and UE metrics generated by RAN simulator and to offload some UE to neighbor cells such that the A1 policy is guaranteed.
- NVIDIA and VMWare are jointly demonstrating PoC of Aerial 5G gNB Layer-1 orchestration on VMWare telco cloud platform. This demo showcases NVIDIA Aerial SDK as cloud native function, with docker containers and Kubernetes manifests. Aerial cuBB onboarded to VMWare telco cloud platform offers service agility, operational efficiency and reduced CAPEX/OPEX through MANO.
- Viettel is demonstrating an end-to-end-solution based on Intel server (Xeon-D) with NIC (XXV710-DA2T) that is integrated with an outdoor micro O-RU via an Open Fronthaul Interface. The base station connects with EPC and Viettel’s eNB perform a complete NSA (Option 3X) white-box base station solution and ready for Commercial Deployment. The integrated system is verified using a commercial UE through the attach and speed test.
- Altiostar has teamed up with Airtel and NEC to demonstrate interoperability testing and integration of massive MIMO radio units (O-RU) and virtualized distributed units (O-DU) running on commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) servers. The demonstration features a commercial end-to-end Open Fronthaul interface based on O-RAN specifications.
- Parallel Wireless is demonstrating 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G O-RAN based macro Open RAN to expand and modernize cellular networks with reduced TCO & simplified maintenance. It’s been proven in rural in 50+ networks globally and is now scalable for urban 2G 3G 4G while unleashing the full 5G potential.
About O-RAN ALLIANCE
The O-RAN ALLIANCE is a world-wide community of more than 260 mobile operators, vendors, and research & academic institutions operating in the Radio Access Network (RAN) industry. As the RAN is an essential part of any mobile network, the O-RAN ALLIANCE’s mission is to re-shape the industry towards more intelligent, open, virtualized and fully interoperable mobile networks. The new O-RAN standards will enable a more competitive and vibrant RAN supplier ecosystem with faster innovation to improve user experience. O-RAN based mobile networks will at the same time improve the efficiency of RAN deployments as well as operations by the mobile operators. To achieve this, the O-RAN ALLIANCE publishes new RAN specifications, releases open software for the RAN, and supports its members in integration and testing of their implementations. For more information please visit www.o-ran.org.
To view this piece of content from cts.businesswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
O-RAN ALLIANCE PR Contact
O-RAN ALLIANCE e.V.
Buschkauler Weg 27
About Business Wire
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
SentinelOne Receives Highest Score for the Type C Use Case in the Gartner 2021 Critical Capabilities for Endpoint Protection Platforms14.5.2021 16:00:00 CEST | Press release
SentinelOne, the autonomous cybersecurity platform company, today announced that Gartner has positioned SentinelOne with the highest score in customer use case C in Gartner’s 2021 Critical Capabilities for Endpoint Protection Platforms report1. SentinelOne also received the highest score across all three Critical Capabilities use cases out of the 19 vendors included in the report. According to Gartner, “Type C organizations typically view technology as an expense or operational necessity and use it as a means to reduce costs.” Additionally, Gartner comments, “For EPP, these organizations focus on prevention, rather than on integrated detection and response capabilities and solutions that offer a complement of managed services.” “Recognition for this use case is a testament to SentinelOne’s ability to offer cost-effective and efficient solutions for enterprises of all types, including those who need to prioritize innovation and capabilities with budget and operational constraints,” said
Wipro Limited Appoints Tulsi Naidu to Its Board14.5.2021 14:22:00 CEST | Press release
Wipro Limited (NYSE: WIT, BSE: 507685, NSE: WIPRO), a leading global information technology, consulting and business process services company, today announced the appointment of Ms. Tulsi Naidu, a widely respected business leader, to its Board of Directors for five years effective July 1, 2021, subject to the approval of shareholders. Tulsi Naidu will serve as an Independent Director on the Board and bring a wealth of experience to Wipro, having spent 25 years in the global financial services sector. Ms. Naidu is CEO Asia Pacific of Zurich Insurance Group (Zurich) and a member of Zurich’s Executive Committee. She joined Zurich in September 2016 and was named the CEO of the UK business in November 2016 where she implemented an extensive transformation program – reshaping the business, simplifying the structure, improving technical and digital capabilities, and positioning it for growth in its core markets. Before joining Zurich, Ms. Naidu spent 14 years at Prudential in various executiv
REPLY: The Board of Directors Approves the Quarterly Report Dated 31 March 202114.5.2021 12:49:00 CEST | Press release
Today, the Board of Directors of Reply S.p.A. [MTA, STAR: REY] approved the results as at 31 March 2021. Since the beginning of the year, the Group has recorded a consolidated turnover amounting to €352.4 million, an increase of 11.2% compared to the corresponding data for 2020. All indicators are positive for the period. In the first quarter of 2021 the consolidated EBITDA was €59.6 million compared to €47.6 million in 2020, equal to 16.9% of the turnover. EBIT, from January to March, was €47.9 million (€38.0 million in 2020), and is equal to 13.6% of the turnover. The profit before tax, from January to March 2021, was €47.6 million (€33.9 million in 2020), equal to 13.5% of the turnover. The net financial position of the Group on 31 March 2021 is also positive by 227.9 million. The net financial position on 31 December 2020 was positive for €158.7 million. “"The first quarter of 2021 - stated Mario Rizzante, Reply's Chairman - was very positive, both in terms of revenue and margin gr
PMC Biogenix Announces Price Increase on Armoslip® and Kemamide® Fatty Amides14.5.2021 11:00:00 CEST | Press release
PMC Biogenix Inc. announces that effective June 1, 2021 or as contracts permit, prices for Armoslip and Kemamide brand primary and secondary fatty amides and bisamides will increase by $1.00 to $3.00 per kilo for all orders, globally; adjusted for currency fluctuations. This increase is necessary to counterbalance the unprecedented and rapid rate of raw material and logistical cost increases and to continue providing the world class service expected by our global customer base. Customers with questions should contact their local sales manager. About PMC PMC Group is a growth oriented, diversified, global chemicals and plastics company dedicated to innovative solutions to everyday needs in a broad range of end markets including plastics, consumer products, electronics, paints, packaging, personal care, food, automotive and pharmaceuticals. The Company was built on a sustainable model of growth through innovation while promoting social good. PMC operates from a global manufacturing, inno
Mavenir Wins Award for Multi-G Open RAN Small Cell Solutions14.5.2021 09:00:00 CEST | Press release
Mavenir, the Network Software Provider building the future of networks with cloud-native software that runs on any cloud and transforms the way the world connects, is pleased to announce that it has won the Small Cell Forum Judges’ Choice award for its role in transforming mobile networks through its Multi-G Open RAN small cell solutions and its Mobile Network Operator (MNO) Open RAN neutral host integration. Multi-G Open RAN small cell solutions: Adding 2G/3G across a single unified RAN to support Multi-G radio access in 2020, Mavenir extended its Open Radio Access Network (Open RAN) capabilities across 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G to offer MNOs and enterprises a complete end-to-end, software-centric network proposition, spanning small cell radios to converged packet core to digital enablement solutions. This enables the move towards one network, rather than managing cost and complexity of several different networks. With a seamless, multi radio access technology (Multi-RAT) single RAN solution,
Swimlane and Elastic Partner to Deliver an Extensible Framework for Security Operations Teams13.5.2021 22:30:00 CEST | Press release
Swimlane, provider of the industry's leading security automation platform, and Elastic (NYSE: ESTC), the company behind Elasticsearch and the Elastic Stack, today announced a strategic partnership to help global security teams break down silos in their security processes, and provide a force multiplier to security operations teams that are perpetually overwhelmed. This partnership will enhance existing product integrations and jointly develop new capabilities to help security teams be more efficient and effective in protecting their organizations. The combined power of scale and automation Key integrations will enable even highly distributed security operations teams to significantly reduce friction associated with context-gathering tasks and threat containment — providing critical time savings that help analysts triage alerts quickly while minimizing damage from threats. Swimlane and Elastic plan further enhancements to the product experience through: An extensible framework that exte
IFF Achieves Key 2020 Sustainability Goals13.5.2021 22:15:00 CEST | Press release
IFF (NYSE:IFF) today announced the achievement of key 2020 sustainability goals that were set at the launch of the Company’s sustainability program in 2010. During that time, IFF met and surpassed its original intensity-based targets for three environmental goals, resulting in a reduction in its greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, water withdrawal and hazardous waste generation per metric ton of production by -42.6%, -67.1% and -41% below 2010 levels, respectively. IFF has also achieved its 2020 goal to have 100% of the palm oil used in its products be certified according to the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) Mass Balance Supply Chain Model. These and other milestones are captured in its latest Sustainability Report, “For a Better World,” which is published today. The title references the Company’s purpose – Applying science and creativity for a better world – a clear and bold aspiration that inspires everyone at IFF to push past traditional boundaries and to be a force for a be
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom