PRESS INVITATION: The unveiling of Europe’s No. 1 projector-based Virtual Production Wall
Studio Fares is the second largest sound-stage in Scandinavia with an area of 1.100 sq m. The Facilities include a stage workshop, storage and an additional gated parking area. Well equipped production offices as well as make up and dressing rooms are also available on site.
The construction of The Wall means that Film i Väst, Region Västra Götaland and a number of highly qualified suppliers and co-partners takes a joint step to the next generation of Cinema Virtual Production. The size of the Wall and the fact that the vast areas are projected by technical advanced, thus silent, projectors means big advantages compared to more traditional LED-walls.
- You don’t need a l lot of LED screens, nor server halls, which saves expensive electricity and therefore the climate. The Wall is flat, not curved, and different parts of the wall can be used for filming. And the rest of the studio can easily be used for other set constructions. In total, this saves money, time and the climate, saysTyler Reid, in charge of regional infrastructure, Virtual Production and Post Production at Film i Väst.
The Wall is unveiled in the midst of Göteborg Film Festival, the meeting point of Nordic film branch, journalists and politicians. Bus shuttles are leaving from Göteborg to Trollhättan and back.
Behind The Wall are suppliers and partners like DUPP Film, Film i Väst, Gothenborg Film Studios, Haymaker, Igelkott Väst, Klas Jansson Construction, Rasmus Eriksson Virtual Production Supervisor, Studio Skoog and Storyline.
- Region Västra Götaland is Scandinavia’s leading film region and in great cooperation with our partners we can contribute to a more sustainable film industry on the highest technical level. Through The Wall we can create more jobs, tecnical development, higher competence and less travelling. We are very proud of The Wall and this opportunity to show it for all invited, says Mikael Fellenius, CEO Film i Väst.
- The Wall will be unveiled Tuesday 31 January in Studio Fares, Åkerssjövägen 6, 461 53 Trollhättan,
- Shuttle buses depart from Göteborg 11.30 AM, reaching Trollhättan 12.30. In Studio Fares there will be a luncheon and a presentation of the Wall.
- More to read about the Wall in Studio Fares here: The Wall – Film i Väst (filmivast.se)
- Here you can sign up for the event and the bus trip: INVITATION: The Wall - The Future of Virtual Production (gansub.com)
- Questions about the event: Sigrid Bersmann, email@example.com
- Questions about The Wall: Tyler Reid, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ulrika GrönérusPress & Media RelationsTel:+46(0)708-64 37 email@example.com
About Film i Väst - Your Scandinavian Partner in Co-Productions
Film Väst is the most successful regional film fund in Scandinavia. Film Väst seeks projects that can compete in the most prestigious film festivals and/or be seen by a large international audience. Film Väst accepts applications for feature film co-productions throughout the year. All co-productions are required to bring elements of production or post-production to Region Västra Götaland, work with a Swedish production partner, and hire crew and workers from the region.
Film Väst - A part of Region Västra Götaland
Subscribe to releases from Film i Väst - Your Scandinavian Partner in Co-Productions
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Film i Väst - Your Scandinavian Partner in Co-Productions by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Film i Väst - Your Scandinavian Partner in Co-Productions
Grand slam for Ruben Östlund at the European Film Awards11.12.2022 00:03:59 CET | Press release
It was Ruben Östlund’s night at the European Film Awards gala in Reykjavik, Iceland. His Triangle of Sadness was rewarded with European Film, European Director and European Screenwriter. A grand slam! Furthermore Zlatko Buric won European Actor. Triangle of Sadness is co-produced by Film i Väst and was partially shot in Göteborg and Trollhättan, Studio Fares.
Film i Väst co-produces Lukas Moodysson's new feature Together 9920.5.2022 11:39:47 CEST | Press release
Film i Väst will co-produce the internationally acclaimed director Lukas Moodysson's and Memfis Film's new feature film Together 99. The first feature film Together became a huge success with audiences and critics in Sweden as well as the rest of the world. The new film takes place in 1999, 24 years after the first film. Principal photography for Together 99 will take place in the western part of Sweden in August-September.
Film i Väst international press conference in Cannes20.5.2022 11:22:05 CEST | Press release
New co-productions with Lukas Moodysson, Isabella Eklöf, Ernst De Geer and Sarah Gyllenstierna. The latest news from Golden Palm nominee Ruben Östlund. That was just some of the news from Film i Väst’s traditional international press conference at the Festival de Cannes 2022.
Film i Väst's press conference in Cannes10.7.2021 15:31:08 CEST | Press release
Film i Väst, Scandinavia's biggest film fund, on Saturday arranged a press conference together with the Swedish Film Institute during the Cannes Film Festival for Swedish and international media to present this year’s Cannes line-up. Film i Väst has four co-productions in selection.
Film i Väst congratulates Thomas Vinterberg for winning the Oscar for Best International Feature Film26.4.2021 04:31:24 CEST | Press release
- Film i Väst congratulates Another Round, Thomas Vinterberg and Zentropa for winning the Oscar for Best International Feature Film. Another Round tells a touching story by extraordinary talented actors. We are so proud and happy to be co-producers of this film, which in part was shot in our region of West Sweden, Västra Götaland, says Kristina Börjeson, Head of Production at Film i Väst.
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom