Qred increases income by 90 % first quarter 2020
Qred’s growth in the first quarter of 2020 continued at a rapid pace, despite the difficult developments in the local and global economies. In early March, Qred was named Sweden’s fastest growing company and placed 8th in Europe, alongside global heavyweights, when the Financial Times published their annual list of Europe’s 1000 fastest growing companies.
From mid-March, the situation in the market changed significantly as a result of the pandemic caused by the outbreak of the coronavirus. Qred’s business model is well suited to handle such downturns in the economy without large disruptions to our business.
“We have been able to mitigate many of the effects caused by the corona virus thanks to our digitalized processes and cloud-based business model. In addition, we have a balanced customer base that extends across many industries, which spreads the risk further, “says Andrea Romander at Qred.
The pandemic has however created uncertainty in the general economy going forward. The company’s customers ability to timely repay issued loans will likely deteriorate. Thus, an additional non-recurring reservation of SEK 32.6 million has been made for expected, but not yet realised, credit losses. During the period, Qred repurchased part of its bond, which generated additional non-recurring revenue of SEK 18.0 m.
January - March 2020
Results for the same period for the previous year are stated in brackets.
- The number of active monthly users increased by 47% to 7 811 (5 318)
- Operating income increased by 90% to SEK 82.3 m (43.4)
- Interest income increased by 26% to SEK 59 m (46.8)
- Commission income amounted to SEK 15.2 m (0.0)
- Operating profit amounted to SEK -12.3 m (7.4)
- Net income for the period amounted to SEK -13.2 m (6,4)
- The loan portfolio increased by 41% to SEK 603.8 m (421.8)
Significant events during the interim period
- The outbreak of the Corona pandemic at the end of the quarter has significantly impacted the business. Restrictions in underwriting policies have resulted in a reduction of issued amounts following the outbreak.
- Additional credit loss reserves of SEK 32.6 m for expected, but not yet confirmed credit losses burdened the period.
- Qred has increased the mediation of customers to third parties, which means that the loans are financed outside Qred's balance sheet. As a result, commission income has increased substantially during the period. The arrangement means that Qred can continue to grow in a scalable manner without increasing the balance sheet.
- Qred has repurchased bonds with a nominal value of EUR 7.3 m. The average purchase price corresponded to 75.75 percent of the nominal value of the bonds. The purchase resulted in an extraordinary income of SEK 18.0 m.
Significant events after the interim period
- Qred has after the end of the interim period repurchased bonds with a nominal value of EUR 4.3 m. The average purchase price corresponded to 79,53 percent of the nominal value of the bonds. The purchase resulted in an extraordinary income of SEK 8.7 m.
- Qred Holding AB (publ) published a bond prospectus and applied for listing of its bonds on Nasdaq Stockholm.
- The Annual General Meeting, which was previously set to be held on May 28, has been moved to June 30, 2020 at 9 am.
To read full report, please visit: https://wp.qred.com/se/investorrelations-en/
Andrea RomanderHead of PR and CommunicationsTel:+46 (0)730 92 66 email@example.com
About Qred Holding AB (publ) eng
Qred helps small companies grow by providing fair and accessible financing. Launched in Sweden in 2015, Qred has expanded to Finland, Denmark and the Netherlands, offering entrepreneurs loans for investments and working capital. An automated and fully digital process keeps costs and credit losses low, while simultaneously giving customers the user experience they deserve and expect. Qred was created for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs, and is helping redefine small business financing in northern Europe.
Subscribe to releases from Qred Holding AB (publ) eng
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Qred Holding AB (publ) eng by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Qred Holding AB (publ) eng
Qred’s year-end report: have helped more than 10,000 customers during Corona26.2.2021 10:15:00 CET | Press release
2020 is a year that we won’t forget anytime soon. Despite the pandemic, small business financier Qred reports a strong result with increased revenues of 56 % compared to the previous year. During 2020, Qred powered over 10,000 small businesses - a segment hit hard by the Corona outbreak and subsequent restrictions.
Qred teams up with foodora19.1.2021 13:15:00 CET | Press release
Qred, market leader within small business financing, begins 2021 by initiating a new partnership with marketplace and Q-commerce platform foodora. Together they will make sure that restaurants and cafés are provided access to financing suitable for their business.
Sweden's fastest growing fintech company releases quarterly report30.11.2020 12:15:00 CET | Press release
Swedish fintech company Qred releases its report for this year’s third quarter. The report shows that revenues increased by 41% and operating profit increased by 54%. Once again, Qred’s digital business model has proven efficient even in difficult economic times.
Qred receives license to provide payment services25.11.2020 09:45:00 CET | Pressmeddelande
Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority (S-FSA) grants Swedish fintech company Qred permission to conduct payment services. The company will now broaden their product range and keep developing new and innovative financial products for small businesses.
Qred sets sail on ambitious expansion plan8.10.2020 09:00:00 CEST | Press release
Sweden’s fastest growing fintech company, Qred, sets sail on an ambitious expansion plan by launching their platform in Belgium. This is the first step in their plan to more than double the number of active markets.
Qred Holding AB publishes bond prospectus and applies for listing of its bonds on Nasdaq Stockholm17.4.2020 14:00:00 CEST | Press release
Qred Holding AB (publ) (the “Company”) has issued a senior secured bond loan of EUR 40,000,000 on 17 June 2019, within a total framework amount of EUR 100,000,000, on the Swedish bond market. The bonds carry a floating interest rate and mature on 17 June 2022. The Company will apply for listing of the bonds on the Corporate Bond list at Nasdaq Stockholm during May 2020 and the bonds are planned to be admitted to trading at Nasdaq Stockholm during May or early June 2020. In connection with this, the Company has prepared a prospectus. The prospectus has been approved by, and registered with, the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority in accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2017/1129 of 14 June 2017 of the European Parliament and of the Council. The prospectus will be available on the Financial Supervisory Authority’s website (www.fi.se) and on the Company’s website (wp.qred.com/se/bond-information). For further information, please contact: Andrea Gyllencreutz Romander, Head of Communicat
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom