RoboSense Announces The SOP Version Of Automotive-Grade, High-Performance, Solid-State LiDAR At CES2021
RoboSense officially announced the SOP version of the high-performance, automotive-grade, MEMS solid-state LiDAR RS-LiDAR-M1 at CES 2021. In the past five years of research and development, M1 has gone through dozens of iterations and has been presented at the CES for 4 consecutive years winning two CES Innovation Awards. Since July 2020, M1 has received a number of orders for serial production cars worldwide. It has been delivered to OEM partners in batches in December 2020, becoming the world's first mass-production-ready solid-state automotive LiDAR.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210113005687/en/
The SOP version of RoboSense RS-LiDAR-M1 (Photo: Business Wire)
The development process of M1 has been finalized after completing the processes of product requirement definition, components selection, design and development, repeated verification tests and manufacturing. The SOP version’s features include:
- The ranging capability reaches more than 150m for 10% reflectivity targets (with range up to 200 meters for detecting vehicle objects). The average resolution of M1 is 0.2°x0.2° (horizontally and vertically) with an ultra-wide field of view 120°×25° (horizontally and vertically) to create a high resolution of 0.75M pixel points per second.
- The RS-LiDAR-M1 has reduced the minimum detection distance to less than 0.5 meters through upgrading the optical system design and signal processing system.
- RoboSense has innovated the signal processing algorithms and optical system design, which has enabled the M1 to distinguish laser emission signals from ambient lights, without further concern of strong sunlight interference.
- M1 uses the unique technologies to filter laser pulses from other LiDARs to prevent multiple LiDAR crosstalk.
- The SOP version of M1 has reduced the size compared to the last version. Up to now, it is the world’s thinnest automotive LiDAR, with a size of 108mm(Depth) x 110mm(Width) x 45mm(Height) to make the integration into the vehicle body easy.
- Power consumption is reduced to less than 15W.
- M1 provides a series of supporting functions, including OTA firmware updating, blockage detection, smart cleaning, smart heating, performance detection, power management, network management, etc.
- RoboSense strictly abides by the ISO26262 safety standard, and has integrated the fail-safe concept and technology from aerospace and rail transportation systems, achieving all-round monitoring of various system modules such as laser emitter and receiver, MEMS control, point cloud processing and transmitting, etc. Its safety mechanism has covered thousands of failure modes, fully achieving the requirements of ASIL-B and SIL-2.
- RoboSense has adopted VDA6.3 as the basis of project management and control, fully implemented the requirements of IATF16949 quality management system and ISO26262 standard, and has integrated ISO16750 and other automotive-grade reliability specifications, to carry out a series of verification tests on M1, including random mechanical vibration, mechanical shock, splash water, stone impact, high and low temperature storage and operation, solar radiation, EMC, chemical corrosion, salt spray and others. The cumulative test time of all M1 test samples has exceeded 300,000 hours, the longest-running prototype has been in continuous operation for more than 700 days, and the total road test mileage has exceeded 200,000 kilometers.
Founded in 2014, RoboSense (Suteng Innovation Technology Co., Ltd.) is the leading provider of Smart LiDAR Sensor Systems incorporating LiDAR sensors, AI algorithms and IC chipsets, that transform conventional 3D LiDAR sensors to full data analysis and comprehension systems. The company's mission is to possess outstanding hardware and artificial intelligence capabilities to provide smart solutions that enable robots (including vehicles) to have perception capability more superior to humans. http://robosense.ai/
About Business Wire
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
Kyoto Semiconductor Signs Supply and Reseller Agreement With CEL13.4.2021 03:00:00 CEST | Press release
Kyoto Semiconductor Co., Ltd., a leading optical device solution manufacturer with world-class technologies and Japanese quality, has announced that it has entered into an agreement with California Eastern Laboratories (CEL) to be a multinational reseller of Kyoto Semiconductor’s optical device solutions. The partnership extends Kyoto Semiconductor’s sales and support network not only to North America but to countries such as India and Israel while it enhances CEL’s product offering with Kyoto Semiconductor’s high-quality photodiodes for optical communication and sensing equipment “Kyoto Semiconductor is pleased to collaborate with CEL, one of the best suppliers of compound and silicon semiconductors, known for its superior customer support and technological expertise. With this partnership, we extend our customer reach worldwide, ranging from North America to India or Israel”, said Tsuneo Takahashi, CEO at Kyoto Semiconductor. “Our products are critical for the 5G and beyond-5G wirele
Bentley Systems Brings Infrastructure Digital Twins to NVIDIA Omniverse12.4.2021 19:00:00 CEST | Press release
GTC21 – Bentley Systems, Incorporated (Nasdaq: BSY), the infrastructure engineering software company, today announced that it is developing applications using the NVIDIA Omniverse platform for photorealistic, real-time visualization and simulation of digital twins of massive-scale industrial and civil infrastructure projects. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210412005214/en/ Image courtesy of Houston Waterworks Team (a Joint Venture of Jacobs Engineering Group, Inc. and CDM Constructors, Inc.) Bentley Systems has extended the Bentley iTwin platform to integrate with NVIDIA Omniverse to provide a graphics pipeline for AI-enhanced, real-time visualization, and simulation of infrastructure digital twins. This integration allows engineering-grade, millimeter-accurate digital content to be visualized with photorealistic lighting and environmental effects on multiple devices including web browsers, workstations, tabl
QCT Unveils Optimized Accelerated Server to Boost High-Performance Workloads12.4.2021 19:00:00 CEST | Press release
Quanta Cloud Technology (QCT), a global data center solution provider, today announced a new addition to its broad portfolio of NVIDIA-Certified SystemsTM with its QuantaGrid D43N-3U. This server complements QCT’s existing high-performance QuantaGrid and QuantaPlex family of servers, while enabling customers the ability to leverage the latest next-generation NVIDIA Tensor Core GPUs for advanced AI workloads, including those that run on virtualized infrastructure with the NVIDIA AI Enterprise software suite. NVIDIA Tensor Core GPUs on QCT systems are built on the rich ecosystem of AI frameworks from the NVIDIA NGC catalog, CUDA-X libraries, over 2.3 million developers, and over 1,800 GPU-optimized applications to help enterprises solve the most critical challenges in their business. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210412005024/en/ QuantaGrid_D43N-3U (Photo: Business Wire) “Utilizing NVIDIA accelerated computing
Mavenir Launches 5G Hyperconverged Edge AI Solution for Enterprise & Telco Market Based on NVIDIA Platforms12.4.2021 19:00:00 CEST | Press release
Mavenir, the industry’s only end-to-end cloud-native Network Software Provider and a leader in accelerating software network transformation for communications service providers (CSPs), announced today the launch of an AI-on-5G Hyper Converged Edge solution working in close collaboration with NVIDIA. Mavenir has developed this unique solution, based on NVIDIA’s hardware and software technologies, enabling Enterprises & Telcos to implement AI-on-5G applications for many promising verticals such as Manufacturing, Mining, and Healthcare that cover Industry 4.0 applications, including Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), Intelligent Video Analytics (IVA) and Extended Reality (XR) and Gaming use cases. The use cases can be around remote and immersive collaboration, precision robotics control, people safety, intrusion detection, smart connected factories, real-time manufacturing component defect detection and proactive maintenance using near real-time analytics of sensor data. 5G enables an
Merck Advances ATR Inhibitor Berzosertib in Small Cell Lung Cancer With New Published Data and Initiation of Phase II Trial With Registrational Intent12.4.2021 17:04:00 CEST | Press release
Merck, a leading science and technology company, today announced key clinical advancements for berzosertib (M6620), an investigational, potent and selective ataxia telangiectasia and Rad3-related (ATR) inhibitor. Berzosertib is the leading asset in the company’s DNA damage response (DDR) inhibitor program and one of the most advanced ATR inhibitors in oncology clinical development industry-wide. Results from a Phase II proof-of-concept study conducted by the US National Cancer Institute (NCI) (NCT02487095)* and published in Cancer Cell showed that berzosertib in combination with the chemotherapy topotecan resulted in an objective response rate (ORR) of 36% among patients with relapsed small cell lung cancer (SCLC), including durable responses among a majority of responding patients with platinum-resistant disease.1 The NCI is also conducting a separate Phase II trial of berzosertib in combination with topotecan versus topotecan monotherapy in SCLC that has relapsed (NCT03896503)* which
Loomis Sayles Welcomes Susan Sieker as Chief Financial Officer12.4.2021 16:15:00 CEST | Press release
Loomis, Sayles & Company, an affiliate of Natixis Investment Managers, announced today that Susan Sieker has joined Loomis Sayles as executive vice president and chief financial officer (CFO). She also joins the Loomis Sayles Board of Directors. Susan reports to Kevin Charleston, chairman and chief executive officer of Loomis Sayles, and will oversee the finance organization. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210412005613/en/ Susan joins Loomis Sayles from Cambridge Associates, where she was the chief financial officer and oversaw financial planning and analysis, treasury, accounting operations, financial reporting, payroll and taxes. Prior to joining Cambridge Associates in 2012, Susan served in a variety of finance and risk leadership roles at Brinker International, including vice president and treasurer, vice president of global infrastructure, vice president of benefits, vice president of business assurance
Alira Health Strengthens Its Growth Strategy With a $35M Funding, Led by Creadev12.4.2021 15:00:00 CEST | Press release
Alira Health (www.alirahealth.com), a leading international advisory firm dedicated to advancing healthcare and life sciences, announced it has closed a $35M equity financing led by Creadev, an evergreen investment company backed by the Mulliez family. This new partnership will help accelerate the firm’s growth strategy, focused on merging pharmaceutical, medical and digital technologies development with medical care through a patient-centric approach. “I would like to thank our team of investors for joining our mission to enable healthcare transformation. Their investment positions us to change the way life sciences advisory services are delivered,” said Gabriele Brambilla, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder of Alira Health. “We are building a powerful continuum of services that spans the product and solutions development life cycle, supported by the recent additions of our patient engagement, real-world evidence and advanced analytics practices. This financing allows us to advanc
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom