RoboSense Announces The SOP Version Of Automotive-Grade, High-Performance, Solid-State LiDAR At CES2021
RoboSense officially announced the SOP version of the high-performance, automotive-grade, MEMS solid-state LiDAR RS-LiDAR-M1 at CES 2021. In the past five years of research and development, M1 has gone through dozens of iterations and has been presented at the CES for 4 consecutive years winning two CES Innovation Awards. Since July 2020, M1 has received a number of orders for serial production cars worldwide. It has been delivered to OEM partners in batches in December 2020, becoming the world's first mass-production-ready solid-state automotive LiDAR.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210113005687/en/
The SOP version of RoboSense RS-LiDAR-M1 (Photo: Business Wire)
The development process of M1 has been finalized after completing the processes of product requirement definition, components selection, design and development, repeated verification tests and manufacturing. The SOP version’s features include:
- The ranging capability reaches more than 150m for 10% reflectivity targets (with range up to 200 meters for detecting vehicle objects). The average resolution of M1 is 0.2°x0.2° (horizontally and vertically) with an ultra-wide field of view 120°×25° (horizontally and vertically) to create a high resolution of 0.75M pixel points per second.
- The RS-LiDAR-M1 has reduced the minimum detection distance to less than 0.5 meters through upgrading the optical system design and signal processing system.
- RoboSense has innovated the signal processing algorithms and optical system design, which has enabled the M1 to distinguish laser emission signals from ambient lights, without further concern of strong sunlight interference.
- M1 uses the unique technologies to filter laser pulses from other LiDARs to prevent multiple LiDAR crosstalk.
- The SOP version of M1 has reduced the size compared to the last version. Up to now, it is the world’s thinnest automotive LiDAR, with a size of 108mm(Depth) x 110mm(Width) x 45mm(Height) to make the integration into the vehicle body easy.
- Power consumption is reduced to less than 15W.
- M1 provides a series of supporting functions, including OTA firmware updating, blockage detection, smart cleaning, smart heating, performance detection, power management, network management, etc.
- RoboSense strictly abides by the ISO26262 safety standard, and has integrated the fail-safe concept and technology from aerospace and rail transportation systems, achieving all-round monitoring of various system modules such as laser emitter and receiver, MEMS control, point cloud processing and transmitting, etc. Its safety mechanism has covered thousands of failure modes, fully achieving the requirements of ASIL-B and SIL-2.
- RoboSense has adopted VDA6.3 as the basis of project management and control, fully implemented the requirements of IATF16949 quality management system and ISO26262 standard, and has integrated ISO16750 and other automotive-grade reliability specifications, to carry out a series of verification tests on M1, including random mechanical vibration, mechanical shock, splash water, stone impact, high and low temperature storage and operation, solar radiation, EMC, chemical corrosion, salt spray and others. The cumulative test time of all M1 test samples has exceeded 300,000 hours, the longest-running prototype has been in continuous operation for more than 700 days, and the total road test mileage has exceeded 200,000 kilometers.
Founded in 2014, RoboSense (Suteng Innovation Technology Co., Ltd.) is the leading provider of Smart LiDAR Sensor Systems incorporating LiDAR sensors, AI algorithms and IC chipsets, that transform conventional 3D LiDAR sensors to full data analysis and comprehension systems. The company's mission is to possess outstanding hardware and artificial intelligence capabilities to provide smart solutions that enable robots (including vehicles) to have perception capability more superior to humans. http://robosense.ai/
About Business Wire
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
GPD Companies, Inc. to Acquire Distrupol22.1.2021 14:33:00 CET | Press release
GPD Companies, Inc., an affiliate of One Rock Capital Partners, LLC (“One Rock”), today announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Distrupol, a subsidiary of Univar Solutions Inc. (NYSE: UNVR) and a leading European distributor of thermoplastics to the polymer processing industry. Terms of the transaction, which is expected to close in the first half of 2021, were not disclosed. Headquartered in Surrey, England, with broad geographic reach across Europe, Distrupol has provided value-added sales and application development of thermoplastic resins for over 50 years. Through its decades-long relationships with world class supply partners, the company offers a robust array of superior performance products and solutions that meet the needs of diverse end users from leading and emerging industries, such as the consumer, medical, automotive, and electrical sectors, among others. Distrupol caters to over 1,300 customers across 13 countries with a portfolio of over 4,0
Schlumberger Announces Fourth-Quarter and Full-Year 2020 Results22.1.2021 12:50:00 CET | Press release
Schlumberger Limited (NYSE: SLB) today reported results for the fourth-quarter and full-year 2020. Fourth-Quarter Results(Stated in millions, except per share amounts)Three Months EndedChangeDec. 31, 2020Sept. 30, 2020Dec. 31, 2019SequentialYear-on-yearRevenue $5,532 $5,258 $8,228 5% -33%Income (loss) before taxes - GAAP basis $471 $(54) $452 n/m 4%Net income (loss) - GAAP basis $374 $(82) $333 n/m 12%Diluted EPS (loss per share) - GAAP basis $0.27 $(0.06) $0.24 n/m 12% Adjusted EBITDA* $1,112 $1,018 $1,648 9% -33%Adjusted EBITDA margin* 20.1% 19.4% 20.0% 73 bps 6 bpsPretax segment operating income* $654 $575 $1,006 14% -35%Pretax segment operating margin* 11.8% 10.9% 12.2% 90 bps -40 bpsNet income, excluding charges & credits* $309 $228 $545 35% -43%Diluted EPS, excluding charges & credits* $0.22 $0.16 $0.39 37% -44% Revenue by Geography International $4,343 $4,210 $5,834 3% -26%North America 1,167 1,034 2,339 13% -50%Other 22 14 55 n/m n/m $5,532 $5,258 $8,228 5% -33% *These are non-
JEOL: Release of a New Cold Field Emission Cryo-Electron Microscope CRYO ARM™ 300 II (JEM-3300)22.1.2021 07:00:00 CET | Press release
JEOL Ltd. (TOKYO:6951) (President & COO Izumi Oi) announces the release of a new cold field emission cryo-electron microscope (cryo-EM), the CRYO ARM™ 300 II (JEM-3300), to be released in January 2021. This new cryo-EM has been developed based on the concept of "Quick and easy to operate and get high-contrast and high-resolution images". This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210121005316/en/ Cold Field Emission Cryo-Electron Microscope CRYO ARM(TM) 300 II (JEM-3300) (Photo: Business Wire) Development Background Recent dramatic improvement of resolution in single particle analysis (SPA) using cryo-EM has led to SPA as an essential method for structural analysis of proteins. To address this market, JEOL released the CRYO ARM™ 300 in 2017. Equipped with a cold field emission gun (Cold FEG) for enhanced resolution and a cryo-stage for loading multiple samples, the CRYO ARM™ 300 has continued to achieve best-in-class res
ViiV Healthcare announces FDA approval of Cabenuva (cabotegravir, rilpivirine), the first and only complete long-acting regimen for HIV treatment21.1.2021 23:12:00 CET | Press release
ViiV Healthcare, the global specialist HIV company majority owned by GlaxoSmithKline plc (“GSK”), with Pfizer Inc. and Shionogi Limited as shareholders, today announced that the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved Cabenuva, the first and only complete long-acting regimen for the treatment of HIV-1 infection in adults. Cabenuva is provided as a co-pack with two injectable medicines — ViiV Healthcare’s cabotegravir and Janssen’s rilpivirine— dosed once monthly, as an option to replace the current antiretroviral (ARV) regimen in those who are virologically suppressed (HIV-1 RNA less than 50 copies per milliliter [mL]) on a stable regimen, with no history of treatment failure, and with no known or suspected resistance to either cabotegravir or rilpivirine. Prior to initiating treatment of Cabenuva, oral dosing of cabotegravir and rilpivirine should be administered for approximately one month to assess the tolerability of each therapy.1 Lynn Baxter, Head of North America, ViiV He
Incyte Announces Acceptance and Priority Review of BLA for Retifanlimab as a Potential Treatment for Patients with Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Anal Canal (SCAC)21.1.2021 22:30:00 CET | Press release
Incyte (Nasdaq:INCY) today announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has accepted for Priority Review its Biologics License Application (BLA) for retifanlimab, an intravenous PD-1 inhibitor, as a potential treatment for adult patients with locally advanced or metastatic squamous cell carcinoma of the anal canal (SCAC) who have progressed on, or who are intolerant of, platinum-based chemotherapy. The BLA submission is based on data from the Phase 2 POD1UM-202 trial evaluating retifanlimab in previously treated patients with locally advanced or metastatic SCAC who have progressed on, or are intolerant of, standard platinum-based chemotherapy. The trial enrolled 94 patients, including several with well-controlled human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection. The study, which was recently presented at the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) Virtual Congress 2020, resulted in an objective response rate (ORR) of 14% for retifanlimab monotherapy as determined by inde
Wistron and Kalray Announce FURIO1200™ Storage Appliance21.1.2021 17:45:00 CET | Press release
Wistron, a leader in ICT (Information and communications technology) products, and Kalray (Paris:ALKAL) (Euronext Growth Paris: ALKAL), a leading provider in new generation of processors specialized in Intelligent Data Processing from Cloud to Edge, announce the availability of FURIO1200™, a 24-Flash-Drive NVMe-oF based storage node appliance, integrating Kalray’s NVMe-oF K200™ smart storage adapter, powered by its MPPA® Coolidge™ intelligent processor, and Wistron LYMMA chassis. FURIO1200™ is a new type of hyper-fast disaggregated storage solution delivering ultra-high throughput and reliability. It is the ideal solution for Cloud Service Providers and Enterprises running applications with intensive AI and Data Analytics workloads as well as to optimize their next generation storage. Data Centers are undergoing a very important revolution due to the explosion of usages, the surge of data to be processed and the exponential growth of the number of machines to be managed to support this
NumAlim Selects Dawex and Orange Business Services for its Data and Services Exchange Platform21.1.2021 17:40:00 CET | Press release
NumAlim announced an agreement with Dawex, the leader in Data Exchange technology, and Orange Business Services, a network-native digital services company, to deploy its agri-food digital exchange platform. By relying on these two leading players, NumAlim chose secure technological solutions guaranteeing the sovereignty of French food data. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210121005722/en/ (Photo: Dawex) As early as Q1 2021, the NumAlim data and services exchange "Hub" will offer 18,000 companies in the food industry the opportunity to valorize, acquire and enrich all types of data: production, consumption, traceability, consumer opinions and research, as well as a wide range of services based on data (trend analysis, reformulation, regulatory watch…). "NumAlim is the answer to the needs for transparency, value creation and trust expressed by the food industry, consumers, and public authorities.” says Jérôme Fr
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom