Teva and Bioeq Announce Commercial Partnership for Biosimilar
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NYSE: and TASE: TEVA) and Bioeq AG ("Bioeq") today announced that they have entered into a strategic partnership for the exclusive commercialization of Bioeq's FYB201, a biosimilar candidate to Lucentis® (ranibizumab) in Europe, Canada, Israel and New Zealand.
This strategic partnership combines Teva’s long-standing commercial presence, extensive distribution network and wide-reaching sales and marketing activities across Europe and international markets with Bioeq’s capabilities in the development of biosimilar drugs for highly regulated countries with stringent quality standards. Bioeq has in-licensed the exclusive global commercialization rights to FYB201 from the German biosimilar developer Formycon AG.
“Unlocking the value of biologics with biosimilars is an important new frontier in drug development that offers patients safe and effective treatment options through more affordable alternatives to branded biological products that have lost their exclusivity rights,” says Sven Dethlefs, PhD, Executive Vice President, Global Marketing & Portfolio and International Markets Commercial. “This collaboration expands Teva’s biosimilar portfolio and again demonstrates the company’s firm commitment to creating greater access to quality medications to help improve the lives of more patients."
Commenting on the agreement, Nicola Mikulcik, Board Member at Bioeq, says, “We are proud of having secured Teva as our partner of choice for these markets. This agreement is an important milestone in bringing a highly effective treatment option for retinopathies, including age-related macular degeneration, to patients.”
According to the terms of the agreement, Bioeq will be responsible for the development, registration and supply of the biosimilar, while Teva will be responsible for commercializing the product. Teva and Bioeq will share revenue from the commercialization of the biosimilar. All other financial terms and product details remain confidential.
Biosimilars are intended for use in place of existing, branded biologics to treat a range of chronic and often life-threatening diseases, with the potential to reduce costs and expand patient access. Biosimilars exhibit proven analytical and clinical similarity to their respective branded reference products.
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NYSE and TASE: TEVA) has been developing and producing medicines to improve people’s lives for more than a century. We are a global leader in generic and specialty medicines with a portfolio consisting of over 3,500 products in nearly every therapeutic area. Around 200 million people around the world take a Teva medicine every day, and are served by one of the largest and most complex supply chains in the pharmaceutical industry. Along with our established presence in generics, we have significant innovative research and operations supporting our growing portfolio of specialty and biopharmaceutical products. Learn more at www.tevapharm.com.
Bioeq is a Swiss biopharmaceutical joint venture between the Polpharma Biologics Group and the Strüngmann Group. Bioeq develops, licenses and commercializes biosimilars. www.bioeq.ch
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 regarding our biosimilar portfolio, which are based on management’s current beliefs and expectations and are subject to substantial risks and uncertainties, both known and unknown, that could cause our future results, performance or achievements to differ significantly from that expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Important factors that could cause or contribute to such differences include risks relating to:
- the commercial success of our biosimilar portfolio;
- our ability to successfully compete in the marketplace, including: that we are substantially dependent on our generic products; consolidation of our customer base and commercial alliances among our customers; delays in launches of new generic products; the increase in the number of competitors targeting generic opportunities and seeking U.S. market exclusivity for generic versions of significant products; our ability to develop and commercialize biopharmaceutical products; competition for our specialty products, including AUSTEDO®, AJOVY® and COPAXONE®; our ability to achieve expected results from investments in our product pipeline; our ability to develop and commercialize additional pharmaceutical products; and the effectiveness of our patents and other measures to protect our intellectual property rights;
- our substantial indebtedness, which may limit our ability to incur additional indebtedness, engage in additional transactions or make new investments, may result in a further downgrade of our credit ratings; and our inability to raise debt or borrow funds in amounts or on terms that are favorable to us;
- our business and operations in general, including: uncertainty regarding the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on our business, financial condition, operations, cash flows, and liquidity and on the economy in general; our ability to successfully execute and maintain the activities and efforts related to the measures we have taken or may take in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and associated costs therewith; effectiveness of our optimization efforts; our ability to attract, hire and retain highly skilled personnel; manufacturing or quality control problems; interruptions in our supply chain; disruptions of information technology systems; breaches of our data security; variations in intellectual property laws; challenges associated with conducting business globally, including political or economic instability, major hostilities or terrorism; costs and delays resulting from the extensive pharmaceutical regulation to which we are subject or delays in governmental processing time due to travel and work restrictions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic; the effects of reforms in healthcare regulation and reductions in pharmaceutical pricing, reimbursement and coverage; significant sales to a limited number of customers; our ability to successfully bid for suitable acquisition targets or licensing opportunities, or to consummate and integrate acquisitions; and our prospects and opportunities for growth if we sell assets;
- compliance, regulatory and litigation matters, including: failure to comply with complex legal and regulatory environments; increased legal and regulatory action in connection with public concern over the abuse of opioid medications and our ability to reach a final resolution of the remaining opioid-related litigation; scrutiny from competition and pricing authorities around the world, including our ability to successfully defend against the U.S. Department of Justice criminal charges of Sherman Act violations; potential liability for patent infringement; product liability claims; failure to comply with complex Medicare and Medicaid reporting and payment obligations; compliance with anti-corruption sanctions and trade control laws; and environmental risks;
- other financial and economic risks, including: our exposure to currency fluctuations and restrictions as well as credit risks; potential impairments of our intangible assets; potential significant increases in tax liabilities (including as a result of potential tax reform in the United States); and the effect on our overall effective tax rate of the termination or expiration of governmental programs or tax benefits, or of a change in our business;
and other factors discussed in this press release and in our Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the first quarter of 2021 and in our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2020, including in the sections captioned "Risk Factors” and “Forward Looking Statements.” Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date on which they are made, and we assume no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements or other information contained herein, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. You are cautioned not to put undue reliance on these forward-looking statements.
To view this piece of content from cts.businesswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
Kevin C. Mannix (215) 591-8912
Yael Ashman 972 (3) 914-8262
Grace Ann Arnold (201) 739-2064
Yonatan Beker 972 (54) 888 5898
About Business Wire
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
Prosus FAQ's Regarding the Voluntary Share Exchange Offer to the Holders of Naspers N Ordinary Shares30.7.2021 19:00:00 CEST | Press release
NOT FOR RELEASE, PUBLICATION OR DISTRIBUTION, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN OR INTO ANY JURISDICTION IN WHICH SUCH RELEASE, PUBLICATION OR DISTRIBUTION WOULD BE PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW. PLEASE SEE THE IMPORTANT DISCLAIMERS AT THE END OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. Shareholders are referred to the prospectus (Prospectus) published by Prosus N.V. (Prosus) on 12 July 2021 in respect of the voluntary share exchange offer by Prosus to Naspers (JSE:NPN) (LSE:NPSN) N Shareholders (Exchange Offer). Further to the announcement issued by Prosus today, shareholders are advised that since the publication of the Prospectus Prosus has received certain frequently asked questions regarding the Exchange Offer and has therefore made certain materials available today at www.share-exchange-offer.com, where these frequently asked questions have been addressed by Prosus. Cape Town South Africa 30 July 2021 About Naspers Established in 1915, Naspers has transformed itself to become a global consumer internet compan
Prosus FAQ's Regarding the Voluntary Share Exchange Offer to the Holders of Naspers N Ordinary Shares30.7.2021 18:59:00 CEST | Press release
Shareholders are referred to the prospectus (Prospectus) published by Prosus on 12 July 2021 in respect of the voluntary share exchange offer by Prosus to Naspers N Shareholders (Exchange Offer). Since the publication of the Prospectus Prosus has received certain frequently asked questions regarding the Exchange Offer and has therefore made certain materials available today at www.share-exchange-offer.com, where these frequently asked questions have been addressed. About Prosus Prosus is a global consumer internet group and one of the largest technology investors in the world. Operating and investing globally in markets with long-term growth potential, Prosus builds leading consumer internet companies that empower people and enrich communities. The group is focused on building meaningful businesses in the online classifieds, food delivery, payments and fintech, and education technology sectors in markets including India, Russia, and Brazil. Through its ventures team, Prosus invests in
I’mbesideyou Inc. Launched “UNION OF EMOTIONS” Service Using AI to Visualize Cheering Each Other Across National Borders30.7.2021 16:25:00 CEST | Press release
I’mbesideyou Inc. (Setagaya-ku, Tokyo CEO: Shozo Kamiya, hereinafter referred to as I'mbesideyou) launched the "UNION OF EMOTIONS" service on July 23, 2021, the opening day of an international sporting event. This is the first time we have been able to visualize people cheering each other with emotion analysis AI. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210730005404/en/ A visualization of the emotions of cheers flying around the world: Click on each cheer to learn more about that country. (Photo: Business Wire) More than 20,000 cheers have already been sent from more than 79 cities across more than 14 countries around the world, and the sight of the cheers flying across the globe has moved many people on social media. UNION OF EMOTIONS, is the world's first example of people's emotions connecting in real time across countries with the help of AI. It is scheduled to be available until August 8, when the closing ceremon
Palace Bidco Oy (“WSIP Bidco”) Has Received Necessary Regulatory Approval Concerning the Recommended Cash Offer to the Shareholders of Adapteo Plc (“Adapteo”)30.7.2021 14:23:00 CEST | Press release
This announcement is not an offer, whether directly or indirectly, in Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand or South Africa or in any other jurisdiction where such offer pursuant to legislation and regulations in such relevant jurisdiction would be prohibited by applicable law. Shareholders not resident in Sweden or Finland who wish to accept the Offer (as defined below) must make inquiries concerning applicable legislation and possible tax consequences. Shareholders should refer to the offer restrictions included in the section titled “Important information” at the end of this announcement and in the offer document which was published on 23 June 2021. Shareholders in the United States should also refer to the section titled “Special notice to shareholders in the United States” at the end of this announcement and in the offer document. On 17 May 2021, WSIP Bidco, a private limited liability company formed on behalf of, and indirectly wholly owned by, West Street Global Infra
Taipei Exchange Launches Pioneer Stock Board to Support Innovative Enterprises30.7.2021 10:00:00 CEST | Press release
The Taipei Exchange, TPEx, launched Pioneer Stock Board (PSB) on July 20, 2021, which welcomed its first company on July 26. Pioneer Stock Board marks the evolution of the stock market into an innovation-friendly ecosystem. It aims to facilitate entry to capital markets for more innovative enterprises. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210730005008/en/ Taipei Exchange launches Pioneer Stock Board to support innovative enterprises (Photo: Business Wire) At the PSB Launch Ceremony, Premier Su Tseng-chang delivered the opening speech, emphasizing the government’s support. Su said, “Taiwan’s capital market breaks new ground today, by establishing this board. PSB will support innovative enterprises, a key driver of economic transformation, by providing companies with quick access to capital needed for continued growth.” Dr. Tien-mu Huang, Chairperson of Financial Supervisory Commission, remarked, “Innovation underpin
ITRS Group Continues Expansion With the Acquisition Of Opsview30.7.2021 10:00:00 CEST | Press release
ITRS Group, a leading provider of real-time monitoring and analytics software, has acquired 100% of Opsview Limited, a modern, scalable monitoring platform, which provides unified insight into dynamic IT operations on-premises, in the Cloud or hybrid. Opsview will remain and operate as a separate brand and entity. The purchase of Opsview aligns well with ITRS’ strategy to build, buy and partner to deliver smart, automated and predictive end-to-end monitoring solutions for increasingly complex IT estates across industries. This development follows the successful strategic acquisitions of Sumerian, OP5 and Uptrends. Guy Warren, CEO of ITRS commented: “Opsview is trusted by hundreds of businesses, government organisations and service providers globally. This acquisition will enhance our technological innovation, increase our portfolio capability, and provide continued expansion across our global support services.” Mike Walton, CEO and founder of Opsview said: “Partnering with ITRS represe
Schneider Electric Moves Forward With Its Sustainability Impact Targets, Mobilizing Support From Employees, Partners and Customers30.7.2021 08:32:00 CEST | Press release
Schneider Electric, the leader in the digital transformation of energy management and automation, published today its half-year progress overview on setting up and advancing on its 2021-2025 sustainability impact targets. Schneider Electric, named as the world’s most sustainable corporation 2021 by the Corporate Knights Global 100 Index, announced the acceleration of its sustainability strategy in January, aligned to its commitments regarding climate, resources, trust, equal opportunities, generations, and local communities. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210729006295/en/ Schneider Sustainability Impact - H1 Results (Graphic: Business Wire) Since then, the Group has successfully launched The Zero Carbon Project, its initiative to halve carbon emissions of its top supply chain partners by 2025, a call to action already joined by 91% of them. By engaging, training, and supporting the sustainable transformation
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom