The International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer Announces Abstract Selections for the 18th World Conference on Lung Cancer
Groundbreaking research will shed light on the newest advances in the study of lung cancer
DENVER, Sept. 07, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC) announced today the abstract selections for the 18th World Conference on Lung Cancer (WCLC), which will be held in Yokohama, Japan, on October 15-18, 2017. The research will be presented during the conference by world-class researchers, physicians, nurses and advocates from around the globe, and will highlight the latest advancements in lung cancer prevention and treatment and science across a number of different categories, including surgery, radiotherapy, targeted therapies, immunotherapy, patient advocacy and more.
"The groundbreaking research slated to be presented at this year's world conference further strengthens our efforts to expand global education and research on lung cancer," said Fred R. Hirsch, MD, PhD, Professor of Medicine and Pathology at the University of Colorado Cancer Center and School of Medicine, and CEO of the IASLC. "Our conference is unique because we are solely dedicated to lung cancer and other thoracic malignancies, featuring research from the best and brightest minds in the field from across all disciplines. This collaborative spirit is critical to conquering lung cancer around the world."
A sampling of the abstracts for the 2017 WCLC include:
- Socioeconomic Factors Affecting Outcomes in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC): A Large Population-Based Analysis - Yanyan Lou, USA
- RESPECT-MESO: An International Randomised Controlled Trial to Assess Early Specialist Palliative Care in Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma - Fraser Brims, Australia
- Costs and Cost-Effectiveness of Smoking Cessation Within an Organized CT Lung Cancer (LC) Screening - William Evans, Canada
- SCAT Ph III Trial: Adjuvant CT Based on BRCA1 Levels in NSCLC N+ Resected Patients. Final Survival Results a Spanish Lung Cancer Group Trial - Bartomeu Massuti, Spain
- The IASLC Lung Cancer Staging Project: Analysis of Resection Margin Status and Proposals for R Status Descriptors for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer - John Edwards, UK
- The Correlation of DLL3 Expression with High-Grade Pulmonary Neuroendocrine Carcinoma Clinicopathologic Features and Prognoses - Li-Xu Yan, China
- Patient-Reported Outcomes with Durvalumab after Chemoradiation in Locally Advanced, Unresectable NSCLC: Data from PACIFIC; Quality of life data on radiation treatment with or without immunotherapy - Rina Hui, Australia
- Exercise Improves Functional Capacity in Patients with Advance Stage Lung Cancer - Morten Quist, Denmark
- Reducing Lung Cancer Mortality in Disparate Populations through Cancer-Community Awareness Access Research and Education (C-CARE) - Lovoria Williams, USA
The abstracts listed above will be featured in the press program. For the full list of abstracts, visit the 2017 WCLC website here.
About the WCLC:
The World Conference on Lung Cancer (WCLC) is the world's largest meeting dedicated to lung cancer and other thoracic malignancies, attracting over 6,000 researchers, physicians and specialists from more than 100 countries. The goal is to disseminate the latest scientific achievements; increase awareness, collaboration and understanding of lung cancer; and to help participants implement the latest developments across the globe. Organized under the theme of "Synergy to Conquer Lung Cancer," the conference will cover a wide range of disciplines and unveil several research studies and clinical trial results. For more information, visit http://wclc2017.iaslc.org/.
About the IASLC:
The International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC) is the only global organization dedicated to the study of lung cancer and other thoracic malignancies. Founded in 1974, the association's membership includes more than 6,500 lung cancer specialists across all disciplines in over 100 countries, forming a global network working together to conquer lung and thoracic cancers worldwide. The association also publishes the Journal of Thoracic Oncology, the primary educational and informational publication for topics relevant to the prevention, detection, diagnosis and treatment of all thoracic malignancies. Visit www.iaslc.org for more information.
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: IASLC via Globenewswire
Följ NASDAQ OMX
Abonnera på våra pressmeddelanden.
Senaste pressmeddelandena från NASDAQ OMX
AnGes Submits Application for Marketing Approval to PMDA for HGF gene therapy for Critical Limb Ischemia23.1.2018 04:44 | Pressmeddelande
TOKYO, Jan. 23, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- AnGes, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing innovative gene-based medicines for serious diseases, announced today the submission of an application for marketing approval to the Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices Agency (PMDA) of Japan for HGF plasmid, an investigational gene therapy for the treatment of critical limb ischemia (CLI), the most severe condition of peripheral arterial disease. The submission is based on the positive results from the randomized, placebo-controlled phase 3 trial and investigator-led clinical study conducted in Japan. AnGes anticipates being granted conditional approval under the regulatory scheme of "Approval with Conditions and Time Limit" for regenerative medicines. The review process is expected to take approximately one year. HGF plasmid has the potential to be one of the first gene therapy products to be approved for a non-genetic disease with chronic conditions. AnGes grants to Mitsubishi Tan
SEMAFO Inc. : Q4 and Annual 2017 Production and Costs in Line23.1.2018 00:59 | Pressmeddelande
Boungou 80% Complete - Continues on Time, on Budget MONTREAL, Jan. 22, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- SEMAFO Inc. (TSX:SMF) (OMX:SMF) reports 2017 production of 206,400 ounces at an all-in sustaining cost of $943 per ounce. As a result, the Corporation has beat its revised production and met its cost guidance for the year. Mana In the fourth quarter, Mana produced 49,500 ounces of gold at a total cash cost1 of $667 per ounce and all-in sustaining cost2 of $987 per ounce Annual production of 206,400 ounces, slightly ahead of 2017 guidance of 190,000 to 205,000 ounces Total cash cost1 for 2017 of $655 per ounce All-in sustaining cost2 for 2017 of $943 per ounce, in line with guidance of $920 to $960 per ounce Gold sales of 205,300 ounces generated 2017 revenues of $259 million ($1,261 per ounce) Mining Operations Mana, Burkina Faso Three-month period Year ended December 31, ended December 31, 2017 2016 Variation 2017 2016 Variation Tonnes processed 653,500 714,200 (8%) 2,739,900 2,753,300 - He
Atico Reports 2017 Fourth Quarter and Full Year Production Results22.1.2018 22:30 | Pressmeddelande
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Jan. 22, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Atico Mining Corporation (the "Company" or "Atico") (TSXV:ATY) (OTC:ATCMF) is pleased to announce operating results for the three and twelve month periods ended December 31, 2017 from its El Roble mine. Production totaled 5.33 million pounds of copper with 2,972 ounces of gold for the fourth quarter ("Q4 2017") and 20.63 million pounds of copper with 10,923 ounces of gold in concentrates for the full year 2017. "Atico has successfully concluded its fourth full year of operating the El Roble mine, exceeding 2017 guidance while achieving the highest annual production results to date," said Fernando E. Ganoza, CEO. "In the upcoming year, we will focus on increasing mineral resources through aggressive exploration at the El Roble mine and the surrounding prospective 6,600 hectare land package, to continue growing production and expanding the operation." Fourth Quarter and Full Year Operational Highlights Fourth Quarter Producti
Banque Fédérative du Credit Mutuel: Post Stabilisation Notice22.1.2018 18:54 | Pressmeddelande
PARIS, Jan. 22, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Banque Fédérative du Credit Mutuel Post Stabilisation Notice HSBC (contact: Syndicate desk, telephone: +44 207 992 8066) hereby gives notice that no stabilisation (within the meaning of the rules of the Financial Conduct Authority) was undertaken by the Stabilisation Manager(s) named below in relation to the offer of the following securities. Issuer: Banque Fédérative du Credit Mutuel Guarantor (if any): na Aggregate nominal amount: GBP 450,000,000 Description: 1.375% due Dec 2021 Offer price: 99.872 Stabilising Managers: HSBC & Goldman Sachs This announcement is for information purposes only and does not constitute an invitation or offer to underwrite, subscribe for or otherwise acquire or dispose of any securities of the Issuer in any jurisdiction This information is provided by RNS The company news service from the London Stock Exchange Contacts: RNS Customer Services 0044-207797-4400 firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.rns.com This announ
Claroty Wins Inaugural S4 ICS Detection Challenge22.1.2018 18:42 | Pressmeddelande
Product Takes Top Spot in both Asset Discovery and Threat Detection Phases NEW YORK, Jan. 22, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Claroty, an innovator in operational technology (OT) network protection, today announced that it was crowned winner of the inaugural S4 ICS Detection Challenge, which took place at the S4x18 Conference in Miami. Claroty's Continuous Threat Detection product claimed top honors in both the Phase I - Identification and Phase II - Detection segments of the challenge. During Phase I, contestants consumed network traffic captured from 15 different sites at an unidentified West Coast (U.S.) oil and gas company. The contestants were required to use their products to identify industrial control system (ICS) assets on the network and provide a view of how the assets were communicating. Contestants were rewarded for discovering assets, identifying specific details about them and were given bonus points for unique insights. Scoring was designed to test the products themselves, rat
CEO optimism booms despite increasing anxiety over threats to growth22.1.2018 18:30 | Pressmeddelande
· Optimism in global economic growth reaches record level and rises in all countries · US reinforces its lead on China as a target market for growth in 2018 · Over half of CEOs expect their headcount to increase · Terrorism, geopolitical uncertainty, cyber and climate change rise as threats to growth DAVOS, Switzerland, Jan. 22, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- A record-breaking share of CEOs are optimistic about the economic environment worldwide, at least in the short term. That's one of the key findings of PwC's 21st survey of almost 1,300 CEOs around the world, launched today at the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos. Fifty seven percent of business leaders say they believe global economic growth will improve in the next 12 months. It's almost twice the level of last year (29%) and the largest ever increase since PwC began asking about global growth in 2012. Optimism in global growth has more than doubled in the US (59%) after a period of uncertainty surrounding the election (201
I vårt pressrum kan du läsa de senaste pressmeddelandena, få tillgång till pressmaterial och hitta kontaktinformation.Besök vårt pressrum