Visa Champions a New Decade for Women’s Empowerment
Kicking off Women’s History Month, Visa (NYSE:V) today announced two new partnerships bolstering the company’s commitment to women’s economic empowerment. Hand In Hand Internationaland IFundWomen will join Visa to help provide both educational resources and funding for women entrepreneurs around the globe to help them build and grow their businesses. The global rate of female entrepreneurship has been increasing more quickly than that of male entrepreneurs1, with more than 250 million women around the world engaged in entrepreneurship2.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200303005388/en/
(Graphic: Business Wire)
“Women power economies around the world and increasingly are a driving force in the creation of new businesses,” said Al Kelly, chief executive officer and chairman, Visa. “Visa is committed to using the full power of our network, brand and financial resources to put a spotlight on this growing economic force and help female entrepreneurs achieve their dreams.”
About the Partnerships:
- IFundWomen: IFundWomen is a funding and education platform that provides access to capital through grants and crowdfunding, expert business coaching and a network of women business owners. Visa’s new global partnership with IFundWomen is specifically designed to help entrepreneurs secure the funding they need through a series of grant contests. To find out more and apply for a grant, entrepreneurs can visit IFundWomen.com/Visa.
- Hand in Hand International: As part of the company’s mission to enable individuals, businesses and economies to thrive, Visa is launching a $2.4 million, three-year partnership with Hand in Hand International, a global non-profit organization that focuses on developing economies in Africa, South Asia and the Middle East. Visa’s partnership with Hand in Hand International will focus on providing business education and broadened financial services access to 10,000 micro businesses in Kenya – at least 75% of which are owned by women. The partnership will further women’s economic empowerment, which has a multiplier effect3, boosting economic growth and leading to greater development outcomes.
In conjunction with the partnerships, Visa today unveiled initial findings from the second annual “State of Female Entrepreneurship” report4. The annual study seeks to understand the goals, aspirations and challenges facing women business owners today. Key findings included that funding remains a top challenge: 79% of women entrepreneurs in the United States feel more empowered now than they did five years ago, yet 66% report difficulty in obtaining the funding they need.
“In an increasingly digital world, businesses need to constantly adapt to shifting consumer preferences. But keeping up is challenging, especially for a small business. The women entrepreneurs I have met echo a need for more access to capital to fund, run and grow their businesses,“ said Suzan Kereere, global head of merchant sales and acquiring, Visa. “We are excited to help level the playing field through more access to tools and grants this year, and will continue to champion women in all facets of life in the pursuit of an inclusive digital society.”
Visa has demonstrated a longstanding commitment to empower women through partnerships, programs and sponsorships. The company’s more recent efforts include:
- Women in Business:
- Female Founder Collective: Visa has entered its second year of partnership with Rebecca Minkoff’s Female Founder Collective. To kickoff, Visa will host a workshop at Female Founders Day, where a diverse mix of lending and digital payment experts will discuss strategies small business can use for loans and capital.
- Women’s World Banking: In 2017, the Visa Foundation made their inaugural grant of $20 million to Women’s World Banking to help women-led micro and small business owners increase access to capital and to help grow their businesses. The program is on track to reach 1 million women by the end of the year.
- She’s Next, Empowered by Visa: In 2019, Visa launched its women-owned small business initiative, She’s Next, Empowered by Visa, with workshops in New York, Atlanta, Toronto and Cape Town at the World Economic Forum in South Africa. She’s Next leverages Visa’s brand and network to empower women entrepreneurs with tools to build their businesses, ultimately creating a ripple effect throughout their communities.
- Women in Sport:
- The SheBelieves Cup: As the sponsor of the SheBelieves Cup, Visa will present the first-ever MVP trophy to the most inspiring and empowering athlete on the field during the tournament, selected by a committee of former female footballers. Visa will also host a Practical Money Skills workshop at the SheBelieves Summit, which underscores the importance of financial literacy and how to plan ahead for financial success.
- The Second Half: Inspired by Visa’s groundbreaking partnership with UEFA Women’s Football and the FIFA Women’s World CupTM, Visa recently announced the launch of The Second Half; a career development program to support female footballers in Europe, as they consider their careers beyond the football pitch.
- Olympic and Paralympic Games: Visa’s sponsored athlete program of Olympic and Paralympic hopefuls, Team Visa, has been comprised of more than 50% women athletes looking back historically at the full roster. For Tokyo 2020, Visa is supporting more than 50 female Olympic and Paralympic hopefuls from around the world. Additionally, in the lead up to the Olympic Winter Games Beijing 2022 - Visa, the China Women’s Development Foundation and Beijing Sport University announced a program aimed to empower women to grow their small businesses and contribute to local social-economic development and sustainable growth.
About Visa Inc.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of digital commerce on any device, for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce. For more information, visit About Visa, visa.com/blog and @VisaNews.
1 Gem 2016/2017 Women's Entrepreneurship Report
2 Gem 2018/2019 Women's Entrepreneurship Report
3 International Monetary Fund’s Pursuing Women's Economic Empowerment
4 Visa 2020 State of Female Entrepreneurship Report, conducted by Logica Research on behalf of Visa to 400 adult, female small business owners in February 2020
About Business Wire
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
Nike Extends its Athletic Leadership5.2.2020 19:00:00 CET | Press release
Today, NIKE, Inc. (NYSE: NKE), unveiled breakthrough innovation for athletes competing in the Tokyo 2020 Games, including footwear designed to provide runners with a measurable performance benefit for a new era of competition. The NEXT% platform, introduced by barrier-breaking marathoner Eliud Kipchoge, will now expand into new disciplines following its unparalleled success in distance running. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200205005708/en/ An international group of athletes joined the Nike 2020 Forum in New York to unveil the brand's latest performance and sustainable innovations. From left to right: Ibtihaj Muhammad, English Gardner, Leticia Bufoni, Blake Leeper, Timothy Cheruiyot, Dina Asher-Smith, Tomoya Ochiai, Sky Brown, Chris Mosier, Nyjah Huston, DeAnna Price, Bebe Vio, Kevin Mayer, Megan Blunk, Brandi Chastain, Aaron Brown, Sophie Hahn, Aori Nishimura, Diana Taurasi, Miles Chamley-Watson, Leon Schae
Cepton Expands With $50 Million Investment From Koito5.2.2020 18:00:00 CET | Press release
Cepton Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of state-of-the-art, intelligent, lidar-based solutions, announced today that it has raised over $50 million in Series C funding. This brings Cepton’s total funding to nearly $100 million, providing a strong foundation to substantially ramp up its R&D efforts, expand its footprint in the automotive market and support major customers worldwide. The latest funding round was led by Koito Manufacturing Co., Ltd. (TYO:7276), the automotive Tier 1 and world-leading provider of automotive lighting systems, with an investment of $50 million. Existing investors in Cepton also participated in this round. As part of the transaction, Koito will obtain non-exclusive rights to manufacture and sell Cepton’s lidar sensor design for an automotive application, using key components supplied by Cepton. Cepton will use the proceeds to accelerate development and deployment of its advanced lidar technology in ADAS applications, in autonomous vehicle applications,
Imricor Announces First Cases Successfully Performed at Heart Center Dresden5.2.2020 17:40:00 CET | Press release
Imricor Medical Systems, Inc. (Company or Imricor) (ASX:IMR) is pleased to announce the first procedures using the Company’s products following CE mark of the Vision-MR Ablation Catheter have been performed at the Heart Center Dresden. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200205005672/en/ Drs. Christopher Piorkowski (left) and Thomas Gaspar (right) performing iCMR ablations at the Heart Center Dresden (Photo: Heart Center Dresden). Three procedures were successfully performed over two days by Dr. Christopher Piorkowski and Dr. Thomas Gaspar (https://www.herzzentrum-dresden.com/rhythmologie/unser-team/). Additional physicians at the Heart Center Dresden will also begin performing procedures immediately. These procedures mark the first iCMR ablations anywhere in the world to ever be performed outside of a clinical trial. They were performed in an iCMR lab fitted with a Siemens 1.5T MAGNETOM Aera MR scanner. “It’s ano
VALBIOTIS Announces a Global Strategic Partnership With NESTLÉ HEALTH SCIENCE For the Development and Commercialization of TOTUM-63, a Plant-derived Active Substance With Clinically Demonstrated Metabolic Health Benefits on Prediabetics5.2.2020 17:30:00 CET | Press release
Regulatory News: VALBIOTIS (Paris:ALVAL) (FR0013254851 – ALVAL / PEA/SME eligible ), a Research & Development company committed to scientific innovation for preventing and combating metabolic diseases, announces the signature of a global long-term strategic partnership with Nestlé Health Science for the development and commercialization of TOTUM-63, an innovative and patented combination of 5 plant extracts specifically designed to reduce the risk of developing Type 2 Diabetes on prediabetics. Sébastien PELTIER, CEO of VALBIOTIS states: “Nestlé Health Science is an ideal strategic partner for VALBIOTIS. Its global reach, strategic intent to develop science-based nutritional health solutions and focus on fighting metabolic disorders like diabetes will be instrumental to TOTUM-63's worldwide commercialization success. We are excited about the opportunity that this deal brings to VALBIOTIS and to the many millions of people around the world at risk of becoming Type 2 diabetics. This trans
Skilling lanserar branschens första sömlösa integration med Spotwares cTrader, inriktad på erfarna handlare.30.1.2020 08:00:00 CET | Press release
Forex- och CFD-handelsplattformen Skilling annonserade förra veckan lanseringen av branschens första sömlösa integration med Spotwares cTrader - en unik funktion som internt kallas Ett konto. Två plattformar. Detta pressmeddelande använder multimedia. Se den fullständiga versionen här: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200130005070/sv/ Skilling lanserar branschens första sömlösa integration med Spotwares cTrader. (Photo: Business Wire) Funktionen gör att Skilling kan erbjuda sina kunder sömlös handel över två olika handelsplattformar på ett enda Skilling-konto utan att behöva finansiera och hantera två olika konton separat. ”Enkelt uttryckt ville vi ge våra kunder valet vilken handelsplattform de kan använda - vår egen Skilling Trader eller en mer avancerad klientorienterad cTrader. Problemet du har med andra mäklare som erbjuder flera plattformar är behovet av att finansiera två konton separat, upprätthålla sunda marginaler på två olika konton och också ha två uppsättningar av
inRiver utser Per-Olof Schroeder till ny VD29.1.2020 16:43:00 CET | Press release
inRiver, som levererar SaaS-baserade lösningar för Product Information Management (PIM), meddelar att styrelsen idag har utsett Per-Olof Schroeder till ny VD för bolaget. Per-Olof tillträder sin tjänst med omedelbar verkan. “Styrelsen tackar Thor Johnson för hans ledning av bolaget under de två senaste åren, och är glada över att välkomna Per-Olof som vår nye VD," säger inRivers styrelseordförande, Jorgen Smidt. "Per-Olof har en påvisad erfarenhet av att mycket framgångsrikt leda utveckling av SaaS Computing Services, molnbaserade tjänster, och samtidigt leverera stark tillväxt både gällande intäkter, lönsamhet och marknadsandelar. I sin roll som bolagets VD kommer han fortsätta att utveckla inRivers mission att hjälpa våra kunder bli bäst på att marknadsföra och sälja sina produkter." Schroeder har mer än 25 års erfarenhet av ledande befattningar inom IT-branchen, inklusive 15 år på Microsoft, varav sju år som chef över Microsofts Productivity & Business Process Business Group i väste
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom