WIN announces that five water innovation projects have been awarded EU funding through Neptune
The WIN Water Innovation Network, through the EU project Neptune, distributes millions in grants to support innovations that develop technical solutions within water, agriculture and space. Six innovative companies have just recieved funding through Neptune. Companies that all can help in solving some of the world's biggest challenges connected to water.
104 European SMEs and Entrepreneurs submitted applications under the NEPTUNE Blue Growth Accelerator Call in 2017. In total, close to 200 European companies have applied for Neptune in 2017.
The projects could be granted both financial support and business development support from e g WIN. We had several high-quality applications and eventually the following projects were selected for Neptune funding:
- DiaPure AB - CyloP-Smart filters for recover phosphorus from wastewater.
- 4ITAB and Vultus AB - Integrated coastal monitoring.
- FloCell AB - Large-scale optimisation of chemical precipitation in water and sewage plants on the international market.
- EPFF AB - Prevention of biofouling in marine and coastal heat exchangers.
- Watersprint AB - The future water recycling product for households combining two patented technologies.
The projects are granted totally 250 000 Euro divided between the five projects.
- Neptune has given us opportunities to develop our concept to an international market and a shorter time-to-market, says Björn Olsson, MD at FloCell AB
- Win-Win for Watersprint, Sofi Filtration, WIN and the world with the Neptune sponsored water cleaner for households. Without the Neptune contribution, our combined water filtration and water disinfection product would have become a reality significantly later. Now, we have a good opportunity, together with our American partner, to immediately investigate if our product is good enough for US households, says Linda Kokkola, COO at Watersprint.
Moreover, the projects could also apply for coaching and mentoring services from WIN and other cluster members. In total, ten WIN project have been granted coaching from WIN.
The financing as well as the coaching and mentoring support will be one significant step to help these innovative companies to succeed – to everyone´s benefit.
- We are proud to give these companies additional support and resourses on their way to success. The financial support and coaching in combination with international contacts from the Neptune project create great opportunities for the companies, says Maria Sätherström Lantz, Manager at WIN.
The Neptune project has been a huge success in terms of number of applications and cross-border cooperations. There were certain key elements that made Neptune attractive for the entrepreneurs:
- The accelerator approach with a simplified process to submit, shortened application and a time to grant of less than 3 months;
- The cross-sectoral and cross-national dimensions, which allow SMEs from different sectors and countries to find complementarities in a joint project to develop innovative technologies, services and products;
- The great potential for innovation and economic growth of the Blue Economy;
- The possibility to finance prototype and demonstration which are, by far, the most requested types of support.
Maria Sätherström LantzManager, WIN Water+46 709 999 email@example.com
Jeanette AnderssonProjektledare för Neptune+ 46 733 18 19 firstname.lastname@example.org
About Ideon Science Park
WIN started as Water Innovation Accelerator in 2012. A business network and marketplace facilitating faster market access for innovations within water. WIN has evolved to a model for open innovation in networks and has been applied to other areas as well. We increase the speed of change and find solutions of tomorrow by connecting the market need with innovations. WIN is a non-profit organization at Ideon Open, the Open Innovation initiative at Ideon Science Park in Lund, Sweden. www.winwater.seAbout NEPTUNE
NEPTUNE (New Cross Sectoral Value Chains Creation across Europe) is a European Union funded innovation action financed by the INNOSUP component of the HORIZON 2020 programme. It brings together 15 of Europe’s leading clusters, 3 Science Parks/Technology/Research Centres, 2 regional development Agencies and 2 Innovation/Cluster expert organisations from 7 EU countries (France, Greece, Italy, Poland, Romania, Spain and Sweden).
Subscribe to releases from Ideon Science Park
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Ideon Science Park by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Ideon Science Park
Detta är vinnarna av Ideon Stipendiet 202012.3.2020 13:00:00 CET | Pressmeddelande
Vinnare av 2020 års Ideon Stipendium går till Cicada Health och Xenergic, båda startups på Ideon innovation.
Sex ledande ICT-miljöer vill skapa en Europeisk Digital Innovationshubb (EDIH)29.11.2019 09:18:20 CET | Pressmeddelande
Ett samarbetsavtal har tecknats mellan sex av Sveriges ledande science parks inom ICT. De vill nu tillsammans skapa en Europeisk Digital Innovationshubb (EDIH). Det kan i så fall bli det svenska bidraget till ett nätverk av europeiska hubbar som ska inbjuda till gränsöverskridande samarbeten samt främja spridning och användning av de digitala kapaciteter som byggs upp i näringsliv och offentlig sektor.
57% i jobb eller utbildning efter MatchIT projektets första omgång!25.11.2019 13:45:23 CET | Pressmeddelande
I Projektet MatchIT får nyanlända akademiker intensivutbildning och praktikjobb inom programmering. Första omgången kandidater gick ut under våren 2019. I Skåne har redan 8 av 18 MatchIT kandidater som slutförde utbildningen och praktiken fått jobb och de flesta av de resterande är inne i rekryteringsprocesser eller fortsatt utbildning. 5 deltagare fick jobb redan under utbildningens gång. ”Vi har lyckats forma ett bra samarbete både inom projektet och med företagen.” säger Olga Szczepankiewicz, projektledare på Region Skåne. Snart är det dags för omgång 2 ut i praktik.
EXINI Diagnostic AB receives FDA clearance for cloud aBSI in United States.15.8.2019 08:00:00 CEST | Press release
“The FDA clearance is a validation of our approach in using AI technology to solve clinically relevant problems in disease management of patients with prostate cancer” said Aseem Anand, Vice President and Site Manager of EXINI Diagnostic AB, Sweden.
EXINI announces collaboration with Veterans Affairs in United States on the AI Research Program for Medical Image Analysis7.8.2019 09:00:00 CEST | Press release
On July 25, 2019, EXINI a fully owned subsidiary of Progenics Pharmaceuticals, entered into collaboration with the Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System (VAGLAHS), United States, on its AI research program.
EXINI Agreement with FUJIFILM Toyama Chemical Co. in Japan24.6.2019 13:23:31 CEST | Press release
As of June 18, 2019, EXINI, a wholly owned subsidiary of Progenics Pharmaceuticals Inc. has entered into a licence and transfer agreement with FUJIFILM Toyama Chemical Co, Ltd. (FFTC) for the rights to Automated Bone Scan Index (aBSI) product in Japan for use under the name BONENAVI.
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom