Abeona Therapeutics Reports Fourth Quarter 2017 Financial Results and Business Highlights
Investor Conference Call on Tuesday, March 27th at 10:00 am ET
NEW YORK and CLEVELAND, March 16, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Abeona Therapeutics Inc. (NASDAQ:ABEO), a leading clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing novel cell and gene therapies for life-threatening rare genetic diseases, today announced financial results for the fourth quarter. The Company will host a call to update investors on recent clinical developments and year-end financial results on Tuesday, March 27th at 10:00 am (Eastern). Interested parties are invited to participate in the call by dialing 877-407-9210 (toll free domestic) or 201-689-8049 (International).
"The past year was marked by several defining events in the company's history, having advanced our two lead clinical programs, EB-101 in Epidermolysis Bullosa and ABO-102 in MPS IIIA, and initiated our third clinical program, ABO-101 in MPS IIIB. The strong safety and biopotency data observed in our three active clinical trials and the strategic initiative of building an in-house commercial GMP manufacturing facility further strengthens our position in developing gene and cell therapies to treat these devastating and rare pediatric diseases," stated Timothy J. Miller, Ph.D., President and CEO.
4th Quarter and Year-end Summary Financial Results:
- Cash position: Cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities as of December 31, 2017 were $137.8 million, compared to $56.5 million as of September 30, 2017. Net cash used in operating activities in the twelve months ended December 31, 2017 was $22.9 million as compared to $13.0 million in the same period in 2016, an increase of $9.9 million.
- Offering: During the fourth quarter, on October 19, 2017, Abeona closed an underwritten public offering of 5,750,000 shares of common stock, at a public offering price of $16.00 per share. The gross proceeds to the Company were $92 million, before deducting the underwriting discounts and commissions and estimated offering expenses payable by the Company.
- Revenues: Revenues were $215 thousand for the fourth quarter of 2017, compared to $256 thousand in the fourth quarter of 2016. Revenues for twelve months ended December 31, 2017 were $837 thousand, compared to $889 thousand in the same period in 2016. Revenues consisted of a combination of royalties from marketed products, primarily MuGard®, and recognition of deferred revenues related to upfront payments from early license agreements.
- Loss per share: Loss per share was $0.19 for the fourth quarter of 2017, compared to a loss per share of $0.18 in the comparable period in 2016. Loss per share was $0.66 for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017, compared to a loss per share of $0.64 in the same period in 2016.
Abeona Recent Highlights:
- March 15, 2018: Abeona received FDA Rare Pediatric Disease Designation for ABO-202 gene therapy program in CLN1 disease
- February 12, 2018: Received FDA Orphan Drug Designation for ABO-202 program in CLN1 disease
- February 8, 2018: Reported top-line data from Phase 1/2 gene therapy trial in MPS IIIA
- ABO-102 results presented at WORLDSymposium for Lysosomal Diseases showed significant time- and dose-dependent reduction of underlying disease pathology, including decreased CSF and urine GAGs (HS fragments) and diminished liver volumes
- Evidence of cognitive benefit at six months post treatment in Cohort 2 and at one year in Cohort 1
- Company receives FDA allowance to lower enrollment age to six months
- February 7, 2018: Reported on initial safety and biopotency signals in MPS IIIB gene therapy clinical trial
- ABO-101 is well tolerated and demonstrates early biopotency signals with significant disease-specific heparan sulfate (HS) reductions in cerebral spinal fluid, urine, and plasma and greater than 300-fold increase in NAGLU enzyme activity observed in first subject at 30 days post injection
- January 29, 2018: Received FDA Regenerative Medicine Advanced Therapy designation for EB-101 in Epidermolysis Bullosa
- December 20, 2017: Enrolled first patient in ABO-101 Phase 1/2 clinical trial for MPS IIIB
- November 9, 2017: Enrolled first subject in Spain in ongoing Phase 1/2 clinical trial in MPS IIIA
- October 16, 2017: Announced $13.85M grant from leading Sanfilippo syndrome foundations for clinical development of MPS III gene therapies
- October 11, 2017: Enrolled first two patients in the Cohort 3 expansion of the Phase 1/2 clinical trial in MPS IIIA
- October 6, 2017: Announced top-line one year data from ABO-102 MPS IIIA Trial at ARM's Cell & Gene Meeting on the Mesa
- October 4, 2017: Abeona broke ground on GMP commercial manufacturing facility for cell and gene therapies
"2017 was transformative for Abeona, with significant progress made towards our goal of building a strong leadership position in rare disease gene therapy development, and manufacturing technology and capability," stated Steven H. Rouhandeh, Executive Chairman. "The momentum will continue in 2018, with the continued enrollment in the high-dose cohort in our ABO-102 Phase 1/2 clinical trial in Sanfilippo syndrome Type A (MPS IIIA), alongside the clinical and regulatory progress in moving our EB program to a pivotal Phase 3 study and the additional work on our own proprietary AIM(TM) vector platform."
About Abeona: Abeona Therapeutics Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing cell and gene therapies for life-threatening rare genetic diseases. Abeona's lead programs include EB-101 (gene-corrected skin grafts) for recessive dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa (RDEB), ABO-102 (AAV-SGSH), an adeno-associated virus (AAV) based gene therapy for Sanfilippo syndrome type A (MPS IIIA) and ABO-101 (AAV-NAGLU), an adeno-associated virus (AAV) based gene therapy for Sanfilippo syndrome type B (MPS IIIB). Abeona is also developing ABO-201 (AAV-CLN3) gene therapy for CLN3 disease, ABO-202 (AAV-CLN1) for treatment of CLN1 disease, EB-201 for epidermolysis bullosa (EB), ABO-301 (AAV-FANCC) for Fanconi anemia (FA) disorder and ABO-302 using a novel CRISPR/Cas9-based gene editing approach to gene therapy for rare blood diseases. In addition, Abeona is developing a proprietary vector platform, AIM(TM), for next generation product candidates. For more information, visit www.abeonatherapeutics.com.
SVP, Investor Relations & Finance
Abeona Therapeutics Inc.
+1 (646) 813-4707
Berry & Company Public Relations
+1 (212) 253-8881
This press release contains certain statements that are forward-looking within the meaning of Section 27a of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and that involve risks and uncertainties. These statements include, without limitation, statements about our ability to develop our products and technologies; our plans for continued development and internationalization of our clinical programs; that patients will continue to be identified, enrolled, treated and monitored in the EB-101 clinical trial, and that studies will continue to indicate that EB-101 is well-tolerated and may offer significant improvements in wound healing and we plan to initiate a pivotal Phase III trial early next year; we have recently initiated enrollment in our MPS IIIB program; our expectation that we will continue to advance our gene therapy for MPS IIIA patients. Such statements are subject to numerous risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to continued interest in our rare disease portfolio, our ability to enroll patients in clinical trials, the impact of competition, the ability to secure licenses for any technology that may be necessary to commercialize our products, the ability to achieve or obtain necessary regulatory approvals, the impact of changes in the financial markets and global economic conditions; our belief that initial signals of biopotency and clinical activity, which suggest that ABO-102 successfully reached target tissues throughout the body, including the central nervous system and the increased reductions in CNS GAG support our approach for intravenous delivery for subjects with Sanfilippo syndromes, risks associated with data analysis and reporting, and other risks as may be detailed from time to time in the Company's Annual Reports on Form 10-K and quarterly reports on Form 10-Q and other reports filed by the Company with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The Company undertakes no obligations to make any revisions to the forward-looking statements contained in this release or to update them to reflect events or circumstances occurring after the date of this release, whether as a result of new information, future developments or otherwise.
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: Abeona Therapeutics Inc via Globenewswire
Följ NASDAQ OMX
Abonnera på våra pressmeddelanden.
Senaste pressmeddelandena från NASDAQ OMX
Immunicum AB (publ) Announces Appointment of Pawel Kalinski and Inge Marie Svane to Scientific Advisory Board17.9.2018 08:00 | Pressmeddelande
Press Release 17 September 2018 Immunicum AB (publ) Announces Appointment of Pawel Kalinski and Inge Marie Svane to Scientific Advisory Board Immunicum AB (publ; IMMU.ST) announced today the appointment of leading oncology experts to its Scientific Advisory Board with the addition of Pawel Kalinski, MD, PhD, Vice Chair for Translational Research within the Department of Medicine at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center, and Inge Marie Svane, MD, PhD, Professor, Head of the Clinical Cancer Research programme, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Director, Centre for Cancer Immunotherapy (CCIT), and consultant in Oncology, Herlev University Hospital. Both Scientific Advisory Board members will serve as a strategic resource to Immunicum as the company continues to advance the clinical development of its lead product, ilixadencel. "We are honored to have such highly specialized experts in the field of immuno-oncology and cell therapy join our Scientific Advisory Board a
Immunicum AB (publ) meddelar att Pawel Kalinski och Inge Marie Svane har valts in i det vetenskapliga rådet17.9.2018 08:00 | Pressmeddelande
Pressmeddelande 17 september 2018 Immunicum AB (publ) meddelar att Pawel Kalinski och Inge Marie Svane har valts in i det vetenskapliga rådet Immunicum AB (publ; IMMU.ST) meddelade i dag att två ledande immun-onkologiska experter har valts in i bolagets vetenskapliga råd för att fungera som strategiska resurser för Immunicum under bolagets fortsatta kliniska utveckling av sin ledande produkt, ilixadencel. Pawel Kalinski, MD, PhD, vice ordförande för translationell forskning vid den medicinska institutionen vid Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center, och Inge Marie Svane, MD, PhD, professor, chef för det kliniska cancerforskningsprogrammet på medicinska fakulteten vid Köpenhamns universitet, chef för Center för cancerimmunterapi (CCIT) samt överläkare inom onkologi, Herlevs universitetssjukhus har valts in i rådet. - Vi är hedrade att ha experter med specialistkompetens inom området immunonkologi och cellterapi i vårt vetenskapliga råd, vilka kan erbjuda ytterligare vägledning när det
Hoylu AB: HOYLU HIRES NEW CTO, SATOSHI NAKAJIMA AND ANNOUNCES EXPANSION INTO JAPAN14.9.2018 08:30 | Pressmeddelande
Malmo, Sweden, September 14, 2018 - Hoylu, a leading enterprise collaboration company, announced today Satoshi Nakajima will join Hoylu in the newly created position, as Chief Technology Officer and President of Hoylu Japan. Nakajima will guide the strategic technology direction and innovation of Hoylu while also leading the new Hoylu office in Tokyo, Japan. "Satoshi is a visionary and world-class technologist who has substantial experience in delivering world class innovations. He is joining the Company as we are extending our reach and expanding into Japan," said Stein Revelsby, CEO. "Satoshi's extensive experience in strategy and delivering technology that support a great user experience will make an immediate impact on the company." Nakajima will serve as President of Hoylu Japan and will report to Stein Revelsby. His leadership will strengthen customer relations and help develop new business among emerging and established Japanese companies while strengthening the global position
Hoylu AB: HOYLU ANSTÄLLER SATOSHI NAKAJIMA SOM NY CTO OCH EXPANDERAR TILL JAPAN14.9.2018 08:30 | Pressmeddelande
Malmö, Sverige, 14 september 2018 - Hoylu, ett ledande företag inom samarbetsmjukvara för företagsmarknaden annonserar idag att Satoshi Nakajima tar anställning som CTO (Chief Technology Officer) och President för Hoylu Japan. Nakajima kommer styra den strategiska inriktningen för företagets produkter och leda innovationsarbetet. Han kommer också leda Hoylus nyöppnade kontor i Tokyo, Japan. Satoshi är en visionär teknologiexpert som har stor erfarenhet av att skapa innovativa lösningar. Han kommer till Hoylu samtidigt som vi utökar marknaden till att även täcka in Japan säger Stein Revelsby, VD. "Satoshis långa och gedigna erfarenhet i strategiska frågor och tekniska lösningar med fokus på användarupplevelse kommer få stor betydelse för oss." Nakajima kommer även att bli President för Hoylu Japan och kommer rapportera till Stein Revelsby. Hans ledarskap kommer stärka existerande kundrelationer och utveckla nya affärer på den japanska marknaden och samtidigt bidra till att flytta fram p
LeoVegas AB: LeoVentures invests in esports betting - Pixel.bet13.9.2018 08:45 | Pressmeddelande
The LeoVegas Group, through its wholly owned investment company LeoVentures Ltd, has acquired 51% of the shares in Pixel Holding Group Ltd, which runs the esports betting operator Pixel.bet. The investment amounts to EUR 1.5 million for 51 percent of the company and is made through a new issue. Pixel.bet's vision is to create the greatest gaming experience in betting on esports www.pixel.bet "Esports is an international and fast-growing area that engages millions of viewers and players every month. With this investment in Pixel.bet we as a Group will gain unique insight into a new and fast-growing segment," comments Gustaf Hagman, LeoVegas' Group CEO and co-founder of LeoVegas Mobile Gaming Group. "In Pixel.bet we have found a passionate team of entrepreneurs who come from the esports community. With its strong technology and mobile-first gaming experience, Pixel.bet is a perfect match for the LeoVegas Mobile Gaming Group. Together we will drive development for the absolute premier exp
LeoVegas AB: LeoVentures investerar i esport betting - Pixel.bet13.9.2018 08:45 | Pressmeddelande
LeoVegas-koncernen har, genom sitt helägda investmentbolag LeoVentures Ltd förvärvat Pixel Holding Group Ltd, som driver esport betting operatören pixel.bet. Investeringen uppgår till 1,5 miljoner euro för 51 procent av bolaget och görs genom en nyemission. Pixel.bets vision är att skapa den främsta spelupplevelsen inom betting på esport www.pixel.bet "Esport är ett internationellt och snabbt växande område som engagerar miljontals tittare och utövare varje månad. Med investeringen i Pixel.bet får vi som koncern en unik inblick i ett nytt och snabbt växande segment.", säger Gustaf Hagman, Group CEO och co-founder av LeoVegas Mobile Gaming Group. "I Pixel.bet fann vi ett passionerat entreprenörsteam som verkligen kommer inifrån esport communityn. Med en riktigt bra teknik och spelupplevelse utvecklad mobile-first är det en perfekt match med LeoVegas Mobile Gaming Group. Tillsammans ska vi driva utveckling för den absolut främsta upplevelsen inom esport betting.", säger Robin Ramm-Ericso
I vårt pressrum kan du läsa de senaste pressmeddelandena, få tillgång till pressmaterial och hitta kontaktinformation.Besök vårt pressrum