RoboSense Releases the Latest Version of its Sensor Evaluation System for Autonomous Driving
RoboSense LiDAR (https://robosense.ai/) today released the latest version of the ground truth data system and evaluation tool chain RS-Reference 2.1, used for LiDARs and multi-sensor fusion systems performance evaluation. The original RS-Reference version was launched in the market in 2016, when the automotive-grade MEMS solid-state LiDAR RS-LiDAR-M1 project was established. Used by global OEMs and Tier1s, the system has been continuously improved and upgraded with more efficient and useful evaluation function modules and software tool chains.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210209005689/en/
(Photo: Business Wire)
While the evaluation function modules can be liked to an exam, the ground truth data is the "answer" for the evaluation of the perception system. Therefore, the accuracy of ground truth data must be significantly higher than the device under test (DuT) in all aspects including detection performance and geometric error.
The ground truth data, usually stored in the PB-Level, includes dynamic information such as obstacle types, speeds, and locations, and static information such as lane lines and road boundaries.
Data labeling quality and data generation efficiency are the key factors to ground truth data.
- The RS-Reference system provides a set of ground truth data generation and evaluation solutions, and outputs detection performance and geometric error indicators with a labeling efficiency close to 1:1. This is significantly more accurate than real-time perception, manual labeling and traditional labeling tools.
- High performance and mature sensor data collection system: the RS-Reference system contains the RoboSense 128-beam LiDAR RS-Ruby, Leopard camera, Continental 408 millimeter-wave radar, GI-6695 RTK, and two added RoboSense RS-Bpearl LiDAR for near-field blind spots in the 2.1 version.
- Detached roof-mounted deployment without vehicle body modification: the RS-Reference system adapts to different vehicle sizes, does not occupy the sensor installation position of the DuTs, and directly evaluates the intelligent driving system that is consistent with the sensor sets of commercial vehicles.
- Vastly improved/accumulated perception algorithm and offline processing mechanism: The algorithm is key to smart labeling instead of manual labeling, and is responsible for the extraction of ground truth data. The RS-Reference system uses a customized and dedicated offline perception algorithm, which is the product of RoboSense’s 13+ years’ of accumulated experience of LiDAR sensing algorithm technology. It performs a “full life process tracking and identification" for each obstacle data, and extracts all ground truth data from each frame. The RS-Reference system can pick up speed and acceleration labeling, and accurately delineate the size of the labeling frame through comprehensive shape and size information. The system is also capable of accurately dividing obstacles that are in close proximity to each other in complex scenes.
- Full-stack evaluation tool chain: it includes data collection tools, sensor calibration tools, visualization tools, manual verification tools, evaluation tools, etc. The 2.1 version upgrades the data management platform and adds the scene semantic labeling function that serves every step of the evaluation process.
- Individual sensor evaluation in the multi-sensor fusion system: not only can the RS-Reference system evaluate the result of intelligent driving's perception fusion, but it can also provide targeted solutions based on the features of different types of sensors such as LiDAR, millimeter wave radar, and camera. Dedicated or customized tool modules can be developed according to customer needs for further in-depth analysis of the performance of the sensing system.
- Extended application value of the RS-Reference: includes planning and control algorithm development support, which is able to generate massive ground truth data to build simulation scenes, and can evaluate road-side perception systems.
About Business Wire
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
COVID-19’s Economic Pinch Drives More Nordic Enterprises Toward Business Process Automation for Competitive Edge5.3.2021 10:00:00 CET | Press release
Large enterprises in the Nordics have been implementing business process automation over the last three years, and more organizations now see the urgency of adopting these technologies to stay competitive as COVID-19 strains the regional economy, according to a new report published today by Information Services Group (ISG) (Nasdaq: III), a leading global technology research and advisory firm. The 2020 ISG Provider Lens™Intelligent Automation – Solutions and Services report for the Nordics finds banking, financial services and insurance companies have led the region in adopting business process automation, seeking higher productivity, cost savings and improved customer experience. Manufacturing, retail and other sectors are also embracing the technologies, which include conversational AI, natural-language processing and AI for IT operations (AIOps). “Early adopters of automation in the Nordics are stepping up digital transformation to gain an advantage when they need it most,” said Jan
International Fashion Designer Anna Chybisova Draws Major Investments Worth $9 Million for her Brand Maison d’Angelann5.3.2021 09:52:00 CET | Press release
Following a series of successful market takeovers, Anna Chybisova takes another step towards success by securing another major investment for Maison D’angelann. The Gate Business Service, a private family office based out of the United Arab Emirates, has been announced as the latest investor to back Anna’s brand globally. After having invested $7 million late last year, Gate Business Service secures an additional $2 million worth of investment against a majority stake in Maison d’Angelann fashion brand. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210305005133/en/ Anna Chybisova, Fashion Designer & Owner, Maison d’Angelann (Photo: AETOSWire) Anna Chybisova’s designs and business acumen are the foremost reasons behind such heavy investments by the new partner. Reporting sales over $2 million within UAE alone and a sold-out Spring/Summer 2021 collection has strengthened the investor confidence. This growing success and custo
Xlife Sciences AG (XLS): Joint Venture With anfass Life Technologies5.3.2021 08:48:00 CET | Press release
Xlife Sciences AG and Solothurn-based anfass Life Technologies AG have entered a joint venture. Hence, the jointly founded Quadira Biosciences AG has access to the 3D CoSeedis(TM) technology platform of abc biopply ag. This unique 3D cell technology enables the replication of human tissue for reliable testing and characterization of antibodies without animal testing. Xlife's technology platform for the development of antibodies will be used even more efficiently. As of today, Xlife Sciences AG has already identified 30 compounds with blockbuster potential with its antibody screening platform. These therapeutic antibodies have already shown to be safe and effective in humans. Xlife can modify these antibodies with utmost accuracy and increase the quality of the active ingredient. These are mainly advanced, highly potent antibodies with higher cytotoxic activity and improved side effect profile for cancer therapy. The target market potential of the pre-selected antibodies is in the range
Moody’s Analytics Wins IFRS 9 Solution Provider of the Year5.3.2021 08:30:00 CET | Press release
Moody’s Analytics has won IFRS 9 Solution Provider of the Year in the 2021 Insurance Asset Risk Awards. It is the latest recognition for our capabilities in this space following wins for IFRS 9 – Enterprise Solution of the Year and IFRS 9 – ECL Modelling Solution of the Year at last year’s Risk Technology Awards. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210304006204/en/ Central to our offering for insurers is the ImpairmentStudio™ for IFRS 9 solution, a cloud-based platform that brings together our award-winning economic scenarios, data, models, and enterprise software. Financial institutions use it to automate the credit loss impairment calculations mandated by the new IFRS 9 accounting standard. For insurers, these new financial reporting requirements call for much more granular data than was previously needed. The Moody’s Analytics offering helps them access and use all of the required data while managing and monito
C3.ai Digital Transformation Institute Announces Shell as New Industry Partner4.3.2021 20:00:00 CET | Press release
The C3.ai Digital Transformation Institute (DTI) today announced that global energy company Shell is the newest industry partner to join the consortium of universities, national laboratories, and companies that make up the Institute. Shell’s Chief Scientist - Computation and Data Science Detlef Hohl will represent the company in the consortium. The DTI Industry Partner Program enables leading companies from around the world to engage with DTI researchers and activities and to contribute data sets that will be available for research after anonymization. Industry partners also are encouraged to engage with Institute researchers and collaborate on research projects as well as participate in DTI conferences. DTI recently released its second call for proposals to fund advanced research projects focused on applying digital transformation and AI to address energy and climate security. “Shell has established clear leadership in new energy, having laid out its ‘Powering Progress’ commitment to
Dole Launches “The Dole Way” Sustainability Campaign4.3.2021 19:22:00 CET | Press release
Dole Food Company announced today the launching of an integrated sustainability campaign aimed at amplifying its commitment to the key enterprise-wide sustainability goals launched in 2020 under “The Dole Way.” As a leader in the produce industry for over 150 years, Dole believes in acting on its promise to increase sustainability, transparency, corporate responsibility and trust. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210304005912/en/ The Dole Way framework paves the way for further improvements in areas where Dole believes it can make the biggest positive impacts (Photo: Business Wire) “The Dole Way” campaign kicked-off with a live, internal event on February 25, led by Dole’s president and chief executive officer, Johan Linden, and will be sustained over the next several months through integrated earned and owned social media efforts. “The Dole Way” campaign illustrates a path of transformation that will recognize
Milliken & Company Appoints Cindy Boiter as Executive Vice President, Chemical Division President4.3.2021 18:00:00 CET | Press release
Milliken & Company is pleased to announce Cindy Boiter has been promoted to executive vice president and president of Milliken’s Chemical Division. Effective March 15, she will step into the role currently held by David Moody as he transitions to a role outside of Milliken. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210304005823/en/ Cindy Boiter, newly announced executive vice president and president of Milliken's Chemical Division (Photo: Business Wire) “It is an exciting appointment for our company, as Cindy will become the first-ever woman division president at Milliken,” shares Halsey Cook, president and CEO for Milliken. “She is uniquely qualified to lead our chemical division thanks to her extensive experience in the division, the acquisitions she has completed and her embodiment of Milliken’s purpose.” Boiter joined Milliken’s Chemical Division in 2012 as marketing, strategy and business development director and p
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom